Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:44:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal Actions against Nefario  (Read 5184 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:49:40 PM

Well then take legal action against Nefario. Get a lawyer, have him send a letter to Nefario and I bet you'll get your coins back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:50:41 PM

He just double paid the first round of paybacks accidentally check your account maybe you already have 2x what you were owed lol
bixcoin (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:28:03 AM

He just double paid the first round of paybacks accidentally check your account maybe you already have 2x what you were owed lol

See what I am saying. This guy seems to be the greatest douchebag on earth. He is sitting on our BC + Assets and does everything wrong that could be done wrong. From the start.
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 01:33:21 AM

I received over 700 Bitcoins back from GLBSE Smiley
I have also heard several other people confirm transactions over 100 BTC, I recommend calling James and talking with him before any legal action is taken.
//DeaDTerra

Thanks. Can you please tell me how I can get in contact with James? I had 250+ BC in my account and he doesnt even think he should write me or respond my email. Instead he is doing very silly things with all our money.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 03:01:42 AM

See what I am saying. This guy seems to be the greatest douchebag on earth. He is sitting on our BC + Assets and does everything wrong that could be done wrong. From the start.

Sad.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:25:54 PM

Well, at least you got him the scammer tag. That should make him really angry, right?
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:32:17 PM

Well then take legal action against Nefario. Get a lawyer, have him send a letter to Nefario and I bet you'll get your coins back.

Or I might just spend some more, just to see this guy behind bars!
senor_coconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

a big question mark

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 09:56:53 AM

Maybe it is possible to get it done for free.
This is US-based, don't think they'll go for UK stuff? Maybe.
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

The best would be to get hold of a UK-based agency.
[edit: here is the link for the UK agency:]
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

And well... we might all do down together, but at least no one will be laughing, right James?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 10:01:35 AM

we might all do down together, but at least no one will be laughing, right James?

At this point I vote for going down together.
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 02:27:33 PM

Thanks for those. I will defenitely send a fraud alert on monday. Please til then anyone who supports this, send me a PM, anyone who has good reasons for me not donig this, please send it here publicly. Also I would like all informatin on James that you have so far, like Full Name, Adress, Date of birth, telefone and so on.

I take the risk to go down together since I still dont think I have done something wrong. I will go for "Fraud to do with a financial investment, e.g. purchasing stocks or shares, a mortgage or an investment scheme" -> "The victim invested in something not covered above"

senor_coconut

a big question mark

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 04:10:07 PM

I support the action and sent James an email letting him know about this, in case he wants to do something right for once and explain what, how and when he's going to finally clear this mess. Not hoping for any twists in the plot though. Not even that he reads the email.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 05:47:40 PM

If anyone is serious about taking legal action and would like to get a hold of Nefario please pm me with details and if I am convinced then I will give you his phone number for easy access and maybe you can solve it that way instead of having to take legal action...
//DeaDTerra
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 06:26:37 PM

talk is cheap.
Time to walk the walk.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 06:37:13 PM

I think nefario's life since leaving Sun Systems is a worse punishment than any government can place on him.

Nefario sacrificed a lot in his personal life to make GLBSE.

It's sad because no matter how good he made it the fundamental thing GLBSE was doing was illegal.

I'm glad he decided to step back and reevaluate what he was doing.

I hope his very public involvement in bitcoin has not made him unemployable.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 06:38:42 PM

talk is cheap.
Time to walk the walk.
You do as you which, but I believe you will get nothing from taking legal action against Nefario and I think it can be solved with communication better then with threats.
//DeaDTerra
senor_coconut

a big question mark

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 06:49:07 PM

talk is cheap.
Time to walk the walk.
You do as you which, but I believe you will get nothing from taking legal action against Nefario and I think it can be solved with communication better then with threats.
//DeaDTerra

Sorry, but you're being ridiculous.

Communication? He has not communicated shit to users or asset holders, except the ones in his scammy inner circle.
And we have to swallow all the shit that is posted here as "official" based on private phonecalls and other unverifiable sources.

Threats? Well, first he stabbed everyone in the back, closing and withholding all your without btc/assets without even a warning - that is worse than any threat.
And at any rate, he's resorting to threats and blackmail too, now the website says he'll only resume processing account closures when all the btc he sprayed around comes flying back.

So, no thanks, keep your details for yourself, there are enough around already.
And if James wants to talk, he's been notified by email.

That's all folks, let the games begin.

BTW personally I don't think this is the way to get my assets back.
But there is no other way, so fuck it, let's get James into some hot action at least, he brought it on himself.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 08:29:20 PM

talk is cheap.
Time to walk the walk.
//DeaDTerra

Sorry, but you're being ridiculous.

Communication? He has not communicated shit to users or asset holders, except the ones in his scammy inner circle.
And we have to swallow all the shit that is posted here as "official" based on private phonecalls and other unverifiable sources.

Threats? Well, first he stabbed everyone in the back, closing and withholding all your without btc/assets without even a warning - that is worse than any threat.
And at any rate, he's resorting to threats and blackmail too, now the website says he'll only resume processing account closures when all the btc he sprayed around comes flying back.

So, no thanks, keep your details for yourself, there are enough around already.
And if James wants to talk, he's been notified by email.

That's all folks, let the games begin.

BTW personally I don't think this is the way to get my assets back.
But there is no other way, so fuck it, let's get James into some hot action at least, he brought it on himself.
I am not saying he's dealing with this well, in fact I have said he has dealt with all of this pretty poorly.
I am not his messenger, I am not going to sit and defend James, but you asked for contact details, so I just added that I could give you the info Smiley

I think this is counter productive, and that trying to sue James will only lead to more delays and maybe no return of assets at all, which is why I am trying to mediate to reach a better solution.
//DeaDTerra
bixcoin (OP)

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 03:36:15 AM

I think nefario's life since leaving Sun Systems is a worse punishment than any government can place on him.

Nefario sacrificed a lot in his personal life to make GLBSE.

It's sad because no matter how good he made it the fundamental thing GLBSE was doing was illegal.

I'm glad he decided to step back and reevaluate what he was doing.

I hope his very public involvement in bitcoin has not made him unemployable.

You must be kidding? Misappropriation of funds is a crime and should be punished by law. Nothing to do with GLBSE beeing illegal. He just ran away with our funds. Thats how I see it.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 03:49:59 AM

You must be kidding? Misappropriation of funds is a crime and should be punished by law. Nothing to do with GLBSE beeing illegal. He just ran away with our funds. Thats how I see it.

From what I understand he passed these funds through to fraudulent asset issuers. He was just a middleman. It's a bad idea, but he didn't really profit that much himself.

I hope we can identify and pursue the asset issuers to recover the investors' money.

If he doesn't pay back a dime nefario won't get anything out of this. Perhaps a couple thousand bitcoins, but thats less than a years salary for a normal person.

Ideally you would pursue the asset issuer. If they can't be located I guess we can assume it is nefario.
senor_coconut

a big question mark

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 07:30:28 AM

From what I understand he passed these funds through to fraudulent asset issuers. He was just a middleman. It's a bad idea, but he didn't really profit that much himself.

I hope we can identify and pursue the asset issuers to recover the investors' money.

If he doesn't pay back a dime nefario won't get anything out of this. Perhaps a couple thousand bitcoins, but thats less than a years salary for a normal person.

Ideally you would pursue the asset issuer. If they can't be located I guess we can assume it is nefario.

You're trying to move the focus of this to issuers?
Sure many of them are scammers too, but if a GLBSE user loses btc that way it's his responsibility for not having done enough due diligence/ being greedy and stupid (pirate fund investors).

First off, let's handle things with the person who started all the troubles for most of the users, that's Nefario and his stab-in-the-back GLBSE closure.
Then, if/when users have been returned BTC and proof of the assets held, other procedures can take place agains select issuers.
I can assure the asset issuers of the assets I held will own up to dividends at least, once proof is made available.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: