Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:22:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin= 1M$ tomorrow. What you will do?  (Read 4807 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:23:19 AM

$999,760.25 profit per coin is fairly decent isn't it?

Well, I for one was hoping for more. It's kinda OK I guess.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:30:29 AM

$999,760.25 profit per coin is fairly decent isn't it?

Well, I for one was hoping for more. It's kinda OK I guess.

Hmm someone seems to get greedy. Cheesy Cheesy
$1 million per coin seems to good to be true. However if it would be reality that would open so many possibilities. I guess I would go for a piece of land with a nice home on it.Owning my own property had always been my dream.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:59:23 AM

use a wheelbarrow to carry my $10,000 to the store to buy my loaf of bread. Only way it happens is USD Hyperinflation.
gr8n8

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:26:28 PM

hold! it might be $2M tomorrow

j/k
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:27:40 PM

2 chicks at the same time.
MF Doom

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:38:48 PM

I think the more important question would be:

If 1 btc = $1 tomorrow, what would you do?  Forget about btc and cash out at a huge loss?  To be honest hitting $1 seems like a more possible scenario.  I mean, if you didnt think btc was going "to the moon", would you use it at all?
Jacksp

Activity: 189

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:42:45 PM

I will sell 95% haha
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:24:06 PM

I think the more important question would be:

If 1 btc = $1 tomorrow, what would you do?  Forget about btc and cash out at a huge loss?  To be honest hitting $1 seems like a more possible scenario.  I mean, if you didnt think btc was going "to the moon", would you use it at all?

Going by the polls and mentions on threads, most here have way less than one coin and very few have more than fifty. They may as well smoke their paper wallets instead of attempting to cash out.

I use BTC as often as I can and would continue to do so even if it was (more) stagnant.
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:36:30 PM

i wouldnt do anything as i dont have any bitcoins though most probably i would buy bitcoins
Demille

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:12:02 PM

use a wheelbarrow to carry my $10,000 to the store to buy my loaf of bread. Only way it happens is USD Hyperinflation.

Well maybe overnight, but bitcoin could be worth a huge amount is say you could spend it everywhere you could use creditcards or paypal etc. Not sure that'll ever come but I'm hopefully for at least some sort of semi mainstream adoption.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3919

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:17:36 PM

i wouldnt do anything as i dont have any bitcoins though most probably i would buy bitcoins

we have a buyer at 1M/coin...nice

please post scenarios on how bitcoin can reach 1M from $240 in 24 hr (either from today to tomorrow or from any single day to the next day).
It should be a fun exercise.

My entry:
Aliens land on Earth, appear peaceful yet very advanced and declare that anyone can buy a procedure that gives you immortality, but there is a catch-you can only pay in one bitcoin and nothing else. Aliens post a very credible youtube video that explains it all. Video is watched by ~2-3 bil people in the first 24hr and bitcoin reaches $1M shortly thereafter.

Your entry?
Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:15:09 PM

please post scenarios on how bitcoin can reach 1M from $240 in 24 hr (either from today to tomorrow or from any single day to the next day).

My entry:
Aliens land on Earth, appear peaceful yet very advanced and declare that anyone can buy a procedure that gives you immortality, but there is a catch-you can only pay in one bitcoin and nothing else. Aliens post a very credible youtube video that explains it all. Video is watched by ~2-3 bil people in the first 24hr and bitcoin reaches $1M shortly thereafter.

Your entry?

What good would Bitcoin be on another planet? The blockchain is locked in our internet.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:39:39 PM

My entry:

Your entry?

What good would Bitcoin be on another planet? The blockchain is locked in our internet.

it's funny that the rest of the supposition is OK....it's a game to see how bitcoin could become worth 1M in 24hr.
Explanation: aliens want to promote social development on Earth, acquire a substantial % of the local economy and they want to have the local universal currency that they favor since it could be linked easier to their computers. It's not for them to use it on other planets.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:19:20 PM

The cash out guys, are you aware that you would need to pay ridiculous amounts of taxes if you made millions out of nowhere? I haven't looked it up and I don't really wanna know, but I expect insane taxes on capital gains so you would need a couple Bitcoins to make 1 million dollars and in the future, 1 million dollars will buy you less than it does now too.
Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:59:50 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 06:06:29 AM by Habeler876

I would behave to outside world like nothing happened, I believe it's the smartest thing you can do today.
As far as my funds go, I would sell it all on various exchanges and transferred to different account, and then take one year vacation to some tropical island.
By previous experience, by the time I would come back, I would probably be able to rebuy 70% cheaper and be a holder once again Smiley

Itun

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:22:30 PM

Haha probably cash out most of it

and I'd just start my early retirement Smiley
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:56:03 PM

Haha probably cash out most of it

and I'd just start my early retirement Smiley

I don't know why people are so enamored with retirement.
To me typical retirement=nothing much to do, you get bored and get early Alzheimer's from not exercising your brain much, plus your wife/gf is bored of seeing you around 24/7. People, especially men, seem to deteriorate pretty quickly once they move from work (active lifestyle) to retirement (not working).
If course, there are exceptions where you basically switch careers in retirement, but i wouldn't even call that true retirement.
Women seem to handle retirement better than men in any case.
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:00:36 AM

The cash out guys, are you aware that you would need to pay ridiculous amounts of taxes if you made millions out of nowhere? I haven't looked it up and I don't really wanna know, but I expect insane taxes on capital gains so you would need a couple Bitcoins to make 1 million dollars and in the future, 1 million dollars will buy you less than it does now too.

in that case, I'll buy bunch of stuff without cashing it out.
I'll even pay triple.

ohhhh.. the imagination.  Grin

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:21:32 AM

I don't know why people are so enamored with retirement.

I think retirement in many minds here = doing what you actually want to do. I guess that'll stimulate your brain more than pressing buttons in a factory.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:38:18 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 12:48:53 AM by johnyj

First, you will receive the questionnaire from financial regulators, you must provide the evidence of where did you get your bitcoins

Second, tax offices will remove 30% of that value if you ever want to cash out your coin to fiat money, so called capital gain. It even applies when you directly purchase assets with bitcoin: 30% of the value gain of bitcoin goes to tax office

Third, if many people is trying to cash out bitcoins to that large amount of fiat money, exchange must have that amount of cash, which they typically don't have. So as soon as large amount of cash out happens, it dropped back to $200

So, unless the finance infrastructure for bitcoin is fully mature around the world, a bitcoin worth $1M does not make any sense, because you are still heavily restricted by today's legacy financial and political structure

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: