Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:20:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: anyonw knows about when mining bitcoin will end  (Read 2855 times)
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:57:46 AM

Now is very hard to see any new project to make ,open a new big farm to go into bitcoin,just some that have balls will try it at the moment,but main question is where is the prediction about when the mine will end?When it ends the price of bitcoin will get the fuel that is missing ?Will workt the theory of demand and supply,or the rare coin supply? What you guys think?

I dont know even how many power is currently involveld into bitcoin,i know its a lot and huge even difficult is getting harder ,i believe when the process ends bitcoin will hit 1000 dollars and break it as we make with egss nowadays,we trade bitcoins every minute looks no one sleep,soo tax are getting out some btc daily,these should moove the price above but isnt making it because some bad news and some bad visions about our precious bitcoin.

When mining will stop? Uhm never.... If the mining stops, there is no bitcoin, because there are no transactions getting signed anymore.

Once all the bitcoins are in circulation, the miners only recieve fees. By that time, another crypto has taken over, the world as we now it will have ended OR bitcoin is so extremely high in price and the miners are so efficient, that it's still feasable to run Smiley

Just my 2 satoshi's Grin

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 07:02:35 AM

Why would governments attack bitcoin ? Some of them are just making rules to tax who hold bitcoins.

Because bitcoin is deflationary by nature.  If people stop trusting central bank currencies and decide to hold bitcoin because it is a better store of a wealth, it would be massively disruptive to the power structure.  They may then decide to do something to force people to switch back to the central bank currency.  People don't trust central bank currencies during bad economies with high inflation.  Right now, we have a slowing global economy with near-zero interest rates and a deflationary environment.  This is not good. 

ok but if they simply tax it, they can make the money that may be lost in the case the bank system collapse, or something(very unlikely), instead of just banning it

every money opportunity it's a good opportunity for the government
GamNoob

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:03:52 PM

Now is very hard to see any new project to make ,open a new big farm to go into bitcoin,just some that have balls will try it at the moment,but main question is where is the prediction about when the mine will end?When it ends the price of bitcoin will get the fuel that is missing ?Will workt the theory of demand and supply,or the rare coin supply? What you guys think?

I dont know even how many power is currently involveld into bitcoin,i know its a lot and huge even difficult is getting harder ,i believe when the process ends bitcoin will hit 1000 dollars and break it as we make with egss nowadays,we trade bitcoins every minute looks no one sleep,soo tax are getting out some btc daily,these should moove the price above but isnt making it because some bad news and some bad visions about our precious bitcoin.

Till all bitcoins are generated.
knowhow (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 10:04:39 PM

I understand your point but government take the fees to uses bitcoin at some countries already soo why to attack it?The same way as loteries governments are against it ,but since they take a fee from it they allowed them,and worse is they own several loteries....

Even taking our money out banks,and holding it at bitcoin,we get montly fees to pay to them always ,soo i guess what we take out will affect banks and not the country,even knowing that the money is out of the country,that already happen with some big companies,fiscal paradise.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:14:24 PM

Mining bitcoins can go forever, untill there is profit from it  Wink And BTC mining farms have expensive equipment, which costs a lot  Grin
knowhow (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:01:32 PM

Yes but besides bitcoin im pretty sure they can mine others coins and play the pump and dump ,just dont know if the costs vs benefict will be enought to roi.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:07:18 PM

where is the prediction about when the mine will end ?

Never.

At the end, the mining job is a hobbyist thing ... like football, golf or bridge.  Grin
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:22:03 PM

Mining bitcoins can go forever, untill there is profit from it  Wink And BTC mining farms have expensive equipment, which costs a lot  Grin

What about question if/when mining becomes unprofitable for the mining farms even with very cheap electricity. For the reason so many small miners like myselves mine not for profit but paying small electricity bill to support Bitcoin hashrate/security. Is it even likely scenario?

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 09:31:54 PM

Till all bitcoins are generated.

And you think mining is going to stop after then Huh read my post a few post back Wink

fryarminer

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:02:45 AM

The text book answer is that it will go on forever.

However greed might make mining proverbially "blow up". Or just drop to an impossible difficulty and a pathetic hash rate. While mining could theoretically go on forever, the greed of insane mega mining farms has to exceed catastrophic proportions at some stage. What will happen then nobody knows.
Shadowblade

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 06:14:28 AM

if mining stops there will be alot of double spending occur
and thats really bad
ournem

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:12:00 AM

it is scheduled to last for quite some time, but for all practical purposes it will kind of be finished after 3 more halfings.  By then the reward will be a fraction of what it is today and the model of bitcoin will have had to adjust if it hasn't mooned by then.
ournem

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:14:28 AM

Mining will never end. I have heard something about the amounts of rewards beeing real low around the year 2140

In about 2030 the rewards will be so small that it will be next to negligible. This can only mean that if Bitcoin survived, the price of 1 Bitcoin will be high, very high, enough that small rewards keep miners happy. Satoshi himself said in 2010, if Bitcoin is alive in 10 years, it will either be nothing or very big.

excellent post.  Bitcoin will switch to a fee based mining model, or PoS, or something else in 15 years, but one thing is for sure, miners probably won't be mining for huge block rewards of bitcoin then.   
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:23:27 PM

it is scheduled to last for quite some time, but for all practical purposes it will kind of be finished after 3 more halfings.  By then the reward will be a fraction of what it is today and the model of bitcoin will have had to adjust if it hasn't mooned by then.

More likely total hashrate adapts to the actual situation in future, the block reward is only one part of the equation, and any change of block reward can be balanced with: total hashrate, electricity costs, miner costs, Bitcoin price, number of hashrate runingn at electricity loss (sometimes just generating useable heat for the miner)

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Zephyrave

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:26:12 PM

By the looks of it and its rate of growth exponentially I'd say just under a century
knowhow (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 07:26:13 PM

When the mining time ends i guess bitcoin will be worthing around 600 dollars,soo profitable in the short time ,after it ends well something must be done to keep the hash to protect blockhain from cyber attacks otherwise something must be done ,to protect all money inside it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: