Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: anyonw knows about when mining bitcoin will end  (Read 2855 times)
knowhow (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:02:13 PM

Now is very hard to see any new project to make ,open a new big farm to go into bitcoin,just some that have balls will try it at the moment,but main question is where is the prediction about when the mine will end?When it ends the price of bitcoin will get the fuel that is missing ?Will workt the theory of demand and supply,or the rare coin supply? What you guys think?

I dont know even how many power is currently involveld into bitcoin,i know its a lot and huge even difficult is getting harder ,i believe when the process ends bitcoin will hit 1000 dollars and break it as we make with egss nowadays,we trade bitcoins every minute looks no one sleep,soo tax are getting out some btc daily,these should moove the price above but isnt making it because some bad news and some bad visions about our precious bitcoin.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:11:10 PM

Your question has been answered a few times.

As for the power involved in Bitcoin, you can check here
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:22:01 PM

assuming the rules dont change, mining goes on forever.  The last distribution of subsidies ends in 2140.  The slowdown of new supply means increasing value and price over time.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:46:40 PM

assuming the rules dont change, mining goes on forever.  The last distribution of subsidies ends in 2140.  The slowdown of new supply means increasing value and price over time.

Actually, lower inflation means the value decreases less, it does not mean an increasing value.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:18:54 AM

assuming the rules dont change, mining goes on forever.  The last distribution of subsidies ends in 2140.  The slowdown of new supply means increasing value and price over time.

Actually, lower inflation means the value decreases less, it does not mean an increasing value.

Noone used the word 'inflation', so you better define your meaning if you want to use it here.
If the supply rate decreases and other things remain the same (including rules, and demand rate), then the price will rise.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:27:11 AM

Noone used the word 'inflation', so you better define your meaning if you want to use it here.
If the supply rate decreases and other things remain the same (including rules, and demand rate), then the price will rise.

Semantics.

If there was no new demand for coins, then any new coins would increase supply, lowering price.
But since there is demand for new coins, a slowing down of new supply, while still technically
inflating the total supply, may not keep up with the demand, leading to price increases.

pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:30:43 AM

buddy mining of bitcoins will go untill bitcoin serves it needs in internet.....i dnt think it will end watching the current scenario and its popularity in degitalised cureency form.... Smiley

i cant predict a particular time but yeah it will take much time to happen that....

afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:14:54 AM

Bitcoin mining will not end because if they end it means there's no one will confirm our transactions. Currently miners rewards are from your transaction fee and parts of 21 million bitcoin. But when that 21 million bitcoin have achieve ( maybe in 21xx ) their rewards are collected from your transaction fees only.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:45:31 AM

Semantics.
It is not semantics. You can't claim that a slowdown in the increase in supply of coins will lead to increasing prices without also adding the condition that demand continues to increase at a rate that exceeds the rate of the increasing supply. You left out the last part.

If there was no new demand for coins, then any new coins would increase supply, lowering price.
Any new coins increase the supply regardless of the demand.

But since there is demand for new coins, a slowing down of new supply, while still technically
inflating the total supply, may not keep up with the demand, leading to price increases.

Possibly true, but let's simplify it. By themselves, an increasing supply or decreasing demand each lead to lower prices, while a decreasing supply or increasing demand each lead to higher prices. If you combine increasing supply with increasing demand or decreasing supply with decreasing demand, then it is hard to predict what will happen.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 06:07:50 AM

Semantics.
It is not semantics. You can't claim that a slowdown in the increase in supply of coins will lead to increasing prices without also adding the condition that demand continues to increase at a rate that exceeds the rate of the increasing supply. You left out the last part.

Yes.  It was implied and obvious to anyone with a brain cell who understands basic supply and demand.  To me that is semantics.

I could pick apart this last thing you said and mention that demand doesn't need to increase, it could stay the same (or even decrease) and yet still exceed the rate the of supply, but that would be obvious too.

knowhow (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:58:31 PM

well thanks soo 2140 the btc mining should be over and well we will be able to see what bitcoin can do to the world
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 10:49:36 PM

well thanks soo 2140 the btc mining should be over and well we will be able to see what bitcoin can do to the world
Lol. We'll see it long before that, even if the (unlikely imo) answer is nothing much.
It sounds pretty likely that 5 years would be plenty of time to see what we need to see.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:40:44 AM

Lol. We'll see it long before that, even if the (unlikely imo) answer is nothing much.
It sounds pretty likely that 5 years would be plenty of time to see what we need to see.

Agreed. I think something else will take the place of Bitcoin long before 2140. I suppose the best possible outcome when that happens is the new currency would accept Bitcoin for exchange, allowing the BTC to be sent to an unspendable address to be redeemed. Worst case would be BTC becomes worthless.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:17:03 AM

Here is the answer for end of mining date.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

I guess when one bitcoin is divided in to 9 or more decimal (currently 8 decimals), mining may extent. I strongly believe we need to divide one Satoshi  into multiples some day, may be when we hit 1 satoshi is $1.
knowhow (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:06:54 PM

well i doubt 1 satoshis will hit one dollar anyday,otherwise we would become the most rich people in the world,well those eras rankings is amazing but i guess the hash from farms as solo mining are decreasing slowly.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:18:03 PM

Mining should end at 2140, but If you want to setup a huge mining farm right now you will need a huge capital. A capital of several millions need to be invested in order to have a relevant pool nowadays. You will also have to keep your hardware up-to-date and try to build the most advanced miners on the market.
DaBest

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:19:59 PM

We will all be long dead and bitcoin price will be above 10k. Gold will be very very rare and we'll have flying cars. 2140.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:44:21 PM

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:12:24 PM

When block rewards become less than the average fee per block, mining should be renamed to "block confirming". That is when mining will end, which should occur well before 2140.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:01:28 PM

We will all be long dead and bitcoin price will be above 10k. Gold will be very very rare and we'll have flying cars. 2140.

Lol... 2140 is more than a century away. By then, either the Bitcoin will cease to exist, or it will be worth millions of USD. Let's assume that the world population will be 10 billion by 2140. And now let's assume that 20% of them uses BTC. So there will be 21 million coins, for 2,000 million people. That is 0.01 coin per person.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: