Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:32:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minergate?  (Read 10321 times)
Sir_lagsalot (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:48:16 PM

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the cryptocurrency frontier Cheesy

I just started using Minergate, which I have mined on for a little. I have a few questions though.

1. How do I convert these coins into bitcoin? I can't find a market on cryptsy, and there are a few sites that have markets, but are pretty confusing ;~;

2. I can't GPU mine? It says under GPU mining "Start mining", but when I click it, nothing happens. Once in a while, when I click a "start mining" button, my minergate hangs for a full minute...

Any helpful answers would be greatly appreciated!
mookid

Activity: 446

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 01:39:17 AM

1.You can exchange those coins at something like HitBTC.com or maybe Poloniex or Kraken.

2. Minergate Software doesn't work for GPU mining, actually, don't use it at all. The alternative mining clients are best. Use something like Claymore's GPU and CPU clients.

3. Mine Bytecoin or Monero, those are the most profitable.

4. If you have a GPU with more than 2GB of VRAM, go mine ethereum instead, it's the most profitable Coin to mine right now with Video Cards.

Happy mining.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

I use minergate for XMR and BCN.

I get close 40 coins a day for BCN and only like .001 per day in XMR.  Which is free for the most part as I use public electricity and a tablet.   LOL to mine.   So there is always profit.

I get about 12 H/s which sucks but its fun to play with when im not home.

Its a toy that is it.

Poloneix does have these coins listed for trade so you can turn these into BTC.

And Minergate does work with GPU mining I use it on my PC when im working on other things and have that only for an option at the time.   All I did was install it and run it.  Maybe it only works with certain configurations.   Dont know. But I know it does work for me.

Dont plan on making a pay check every week.  Its more of a hobby for most people.

Jerry S

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:53:05 AM

you could trade xmr on bittrex n BCN at cryptsy if im not mistaken, try smart mining feature
Sir_lagsalot (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:27:31 AM

1.You can exchange those coins at something like HitBTC.com or maybe Poloniex or Kraken.

2. Minergate Software doesn't work for GPU mining, actually, don't use it at all. The alternative mining clients are best. Use something like Claymore's GPU and CPU clients.

3. Mine Bytecoin or Monero, those are the most profitable.

4. If you have a GPU with more than 2GB of VRAM, go mine ethereum instead, it's the most profitable Coin to mine right now with Video Cards.

Happy mining.

I'm not sure how much VRAM I have, but I'll go home and check. I can get up to 160 kh/s on cpu mining bytrcoin, so I'll see what I can do with ethereum. (I use a dell XPS pc)
Sir_lagsalot (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:30:21 AM

I've tried downloading Claymore's clients, but I've found them a little fishy. I downloaded it, and my av gave me the usual Trojan report. But when I tried to delete it after, I couldnt, it said it was in use. I restarted my pc and I still couldn't... A little sus to me.
BTCFriendliest

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:24:38 PM

I've tried downloading Claymore's clients, but I've found them a little fishy. I downloaded it, and my av gave me the usual Trojan report. But when I tried to delete it after, I couldnt, it said it was in use. I restarted my pc and I still couldn't... A little sus to me.

I don't trust minergate software either. Claymore's stuff is fine, most all miners give the AV issues, you just have to disable av scanning for those directorys.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: