Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling bitcointalk accounts?  (Read 2225 times)
drey (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 03:06:03 AM

I really can't see how this should be allowed.  How can you trust any account when it could have been purchased to use in a scam?

Clicks help faucets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:26:07 AM

because it can not be blocked, so everyone let it go, but if a scammer who bought one of those is caught, he simply get a neg trust, which will destroy the account essentially

if he is intelligent enough he should use it for sig campaign and then sell it again with a better rank, or do some legit trading and selling to increase trust and sell it again
peter0021

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:56:14 AM

I really can't see how this should be allowed.  How can you trust any account when it could have been purchased to use in a scam?
NO, majoriy of the account trading is just to make some ROI's on SIG"s
and yes if the user is newbie and dosent reads all the STICKY's he can be scammed ..very rare though.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:28:31 AM

Well it cannot be stopped, so I guess this is why it's allowed. I do agree that is unethical and can be used in many scams, etc. That's why people need to be extremely cautios, even if you see a positive trust rating when dealing with some member, this means nothing if he can't sign a message with the address that was connected to his bitcointalk profile since long time ago.

Every serious user account thinks about that and has this option ready. It's even that, or he has staked his account in the stake account thread.

I have done both for example.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:25:30 PM

Selling accounts it's pretty useless, they accounts here aren't valued enough. An Hero Account can make you 1 BTC from a signature campaign (if you are on one of the few that don't pay next to peanuts) in maybe 2 months if you do a decent enough constructive posts and without necessarly spending much time on it. Hero Accounts should be sold by way more than what they are valued now. I think in the future once Bitcoin is mainstream Hero Accounts will be more valued as the price goes up too. Let alone Legendary. Legendary accounts are so undervalued that signature campaign hosts pay them the same as Hero's.

So overall, yes it's allowed, and it's not worth it.
To not get scammed simply don't do anything stupid, use common sense.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 10:31:52 PM

I understand that selling accounts is hard to stop of really prove.   But I don't think it should be allowed.  If that person is caught his IP should be banned.  I just don't see how people who buy could possibly use the accounts for anything good besides the sig campaigns.  Otherwise it shouldn't be allowed.   But that is just my 2 cents.  I know it almost impossible to stop but it just shouldn't happen.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:44:20 AM

It's hard to be caught if the person knows what he's doing. The other way around this is to just let everyone know that there is a high chance that there might be users controlling multiple accounts lurking here, and let the users act accordingly.

*John eyes the recent Quickseller fiasco*
butdabass

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:53:03 AM

dont trust anyone,trust the best escrow you know
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 12:52:15 PM

If you are Junior Member, you can buy Hero member account, for example. For some reasons, you can have some advantages in this - use signature for advertising etc.  Wink
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:04:16 PM

there are other reasons why someone will buy a forum account, one of the most popular reason is to be used in sig campaigns. next is to avoid the 360 seconds delay in posting while still a newbie. buying a higher account to be used to scam people here I think is not that popular since it requires buyer/scammer to shell out coins
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:42:01 PM

Selling accounts it's pretty useless, they accounts here aren't valued enough. An Hero Account can make you 1 BTC from a signature campaign (if you are on one of the few that don't pay next to peanuts) in maybe 2 months if you do a decent enough constructive posts and without necessarly spending much time on it. Hero Accounts should be sold by way more than what they are valued now. I think in the future once Bitcoin is mainstream Hero Accounts will be more valued as the price goes up too. Let alone Legendary. Legendary accounts are so undervalued that signature campaign hosts pay them the same as Hero's.

Exactly, most accounts that are being sold are being used for signature campaigns. If you own 5-10 Senior accounts you can make around 1 btc per week if you join a decent paying campaign. So there will always be a market for account selling.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 02:00:55 AM

Exactly, most accounts that are being sold are being used for signature campaigns. If you own 5-10 Senior accounts you can make around 1 btc per week if you join a decent paying campaign. So there will always be a market for account selling.

having that many accounts is very hard to maintain and post with quality but YES it is possible to earn that much if you own a lot of high rank forum accounts here.
BTCjust

Activity: 241

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:24:23 AM

sell account has always been this forum.
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:58:23 AM

There is nothing wrong with buying accounts for the signature campaign. At least the buyers are not scaming other or trolling in this forum otherwise they will be banned from the campaign. I don't see the reasons why the buyers are using the bought accounts to scam and wasting their money.

Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:20:26 AM

Yes, there is demand there is a market for it. Account sellers are trading through escrow to avoid revealing the account to the public.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
centauribit

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:06:17 AM

selling accounts is allowed because a ban of those trades is considered impossible. because sales would just happen elsewhere.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:28:05 AM

yeah but in the past was not seen well as it is right now, i remember there were users red trusted just because they sold or bought an account, no matter if they were scammers or not
Mrzinzin

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:32:12 AM

An hero is good for trading too.

You probably will get higher bids if you sell with a hero account than with a newbie or jr account with few posts
Honestman

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:59:51 AM

An hero is good for trading too.

You probably will get higher bids if you sell with a hero account than with a newbie or jr account with few posts
High level member account has value and some extent of reputation attached, So every one knows the high member level can earn a lot from signature campaign. Even they can eaisly sell out at high price. So IMO most of ppl here want to become hero member right away.
klf
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:49:00 PM

there is nothing against the buying and selling of accounts in the forum's TOS, and people mostly do it to obtain higher ranked accounts to participate in signature campaigns and such.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: