Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:59:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauging interest in a S5+ / 3xS7 specific power supply breakout board  (Read 9689 times)
urheilija

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:07:08 PM

First, change number of pci-e cables. I will take 26 pcs.

I would like to buy set with undervolt option. I can do some savings with electric bills. I can wait until monday.
Can you please send me invoice that I can pay my set?

PS. Is this your hobby or are you doing this for living?

I am interested to buy:

1x Board with voltage adjustment
2x DPS-2000 BB
20x pci-e cables, all longer cables
2x power cables
2x side plates

Allready PMd to Jabber.

Voltage adjustment is really interesting feature. Then there woludn't be need for separate buck converter. I think there would be more undervolted machines in the future. 10-12V adjustemt would be enought for example S5 undervolting.

I was waiting on a lot of things for the accessories: acrylic sheets (arrived today), power cables (will be there tomorrow instead of today), and spools of wires for the PCI-E cables (arrived today instead of monday).

If you need voltage adjustment under and over 12v, the only option will be the batch I'll get monday and later batches.
The first prototypes didn't allow undervolt on the board, only overvolt.
I did some small add-on boards to test the undervolt.

J4bberwock (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:40:12 PM

It started as a hobby, doing boards for myself, and a few people here asked for a few boards.
Then, people were asking for so many boards that I had to register a company and do it as a full time job.

I'll prepare the invoice tomorrow.

First, change number of pci-e cables. I will take 26 pcs.

I would like to buy set with undervolt option. I can do some savings with electric bills. I can wait until monday.
Can you please send me invoice that I can pay my set?

PS. Is this your hobby or are you doing this for living?

I am interested to buy:

1x Board with voltage adjustment
2x DPS-2000 BB
20x pci-e cables, all longer cables
2x power cables
2x side plates

Allready PMd to Jabber.

Voltage adjustment is really interesting feature. Then there woludn't be need for separate buck converter. I think there would be more undervolted machines in the future. 10-12V adjustemt would be enought for example S5 undervolting.

I was waiting on a lot of things for the accessories: acrylic sheets (arrived today), power cables (will be there tomorrow instead of today), and spools of wires for the PCI-E cables (arrived today instead of monday).

If you need voltage adjustment under and over 12v, the only option will be the batch I'll get monday and later batches.
The first prototypes didn't allow undervolt on the board, only overvolt.
I did some small add-on boards to test the undervolt.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
dance191

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:18:55 AM

Just so you know there are orders for them, I'll take as many as are available, up to all 50 (if no one else gets them).

Gotta love this. You'll take all 50... As if nobody else exists.

Ok. If he wants to let you take all 50 they're yours. You said you showed interest first. Wow.

I'm happy with 10 or even 5, everything else is nice.  If you want to get every single one and J4bberwock wants to let you then its all good. I think 10 max is fair. Even 10 each is only 5 people getting boards.

Lets let J4bber sort it out. If I don't get any boards this go around I'm not going to whine about it.

I'll arrange things according to the order of posts in the thread and private messages.
But don't worry, after I receive, solder, and validate the 50 piece test batch, I'll order a standard batch of 250 boards, 7 days delay, so everybody will have his boards.

Edit:

dance191 was aware of the project and showed interest in a lot of units before it was made public.
I was working on it when he asked for something with voltage regulation in August.
But still, for the test batch, I'll try to get everybody happy, and mass production will start by the 10th of november.

Exo - You read my post wrong.  I was saying they are guaranteed to sell.  I was saying I will take whatever he has, I wasn't trying to *claim* all of them.  I was just telling J4bberwock not to worry about selling them, people will take whatever he can produce, and if they don't I will.

Just read what I said again, but with above in mind, hopefully it makes more sense now...
shacky

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:08:09 AM

Hi J4bber,

Please add to list. I want 10 boards with sideplates,

Thanks
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 12:59:38 PM

Please add all options to mine;

Sideplate: $6
Adjustable voltage option: $5.5
Voltmeter with pin header matching the boards: $5.5

Thanks

Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:36:46 AM

Just so you know there are orders for them, I'll take as many as are available, up to all 50 (if no one else gets them).

Gotta love this. You'll take all 50... As if nobody else exists.

Ok. If he wants to let you take all 50 they're yours. You said you showed interest first. Wow.

I'm happy with 10 or even 5, everything else is nice.  If you want to get every single one and J4bberwock wants to let you then its all good. I think 10 max is fair. Even 10 each is only 5 people getting boards.

Lets let J4bber sort it out. If I don't get any boards this go around I'm not going to whine about it.

I'll arrange things according to the order of posts in the thread and private messages.
But don't worry, after I receive, solder, and validate the 50 piece test batch, I'll order a standard batch of 250 boards, 7 days delay, so everybody will have his boards.

Edit:

dance191 was aware of the project and showed interest in a lot of units before it was made public.
I was working on it when he asked for something with voltage regulation in August.
But still, for the test batch, I'll try to get everybody happy, and mass production will start by the 10th of november.

Exo - You read my post wrong.  I was saying they are guaranteed to sell.  I was saying I will take whatever he has, I wasn't trying to *claim* all of them.  I was just telling J4bberwock not to worry about selling them, people will take whatever he can produce, and if they don't I will.

Just read what I said again, but with above in mind, hopefully it makes more sense now...

Man I feel like a d1ck now... I was in a bad mood when I posted my little rant. I'm feeling better now and I hope there are no hard feelings. J4bberwock is doing some great work and I don't want to distract from that. If I can get a few boards still that would be nice. Otherwise I will wait for the one week delay. Its all good  Smiley
Exoskeleton

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:36:22 PM

Just sent payment to your address. 10 boards, 10 side plates, 10 adjustable voltage options, and 10 voltmeters. Thanks man.  Smiley

I'll take more in the next batch.

If Its O.K. , and they are available to me, I'll take more in this batch. I have 60 of these power supplies so I'm in for 30 of everything total.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:18:30 AM

Just sent the BTC for 10 boards - I'll let everyone else get whatever they're after, and I'll pick up another 10 once the dust settles.  I don't want to hog them all!  Wink
J4bberwock (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:02:21 AM

I'll send the first boards today to Tupsu who paid 10 days ago.
I need to change the connectors for the voltmeter, so the ones sent this week won't work with later boards sent next week.
The sideplates have been slighty modified to use another locking spacer that works better with 2mm thickness of the plate.

I'll take new pics according to those changes and post a quick "how to setup the boards".

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 04:07:48 AM

pm'ed
J4bberwock (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:07:32 AM

I'll send the first boards today to Tupsu who paid 10 days ago.
I need to change the connectors for the voltmeter, so the ones sent this week won't work with later boards sent next week.
The sideplates have been slighty modified to use another locking spacer that works better with 2mm thickness of the plate.

I'll take new pics according to those changes and post a quick "how to setup the boards".

Please send the tracking number.

I've been away, just sent you the tracking number.

fhh
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:05:38 PM

paid my order on the 5th.

when will it be processed?

Deutsche Bitcoinbörse: https://www.bitcoin.de/r/yyfrkv
das passende Konto gibts bei der fidor Bank https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43076568
fhh
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:09:16 PM

got a tracking ID
THX J4bber!

das passende Konto gibts bei der fidor Bank https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43076568
Exoskeleton

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:42:26 AM

Paid in full for 10 boards with all the extras on the 4th. I too was hoping to get a tracking # soon.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 02:40:27 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2015, 10:19:26 AM by Tupsu

I've been working on something since april or may, it evolved with the S5+, and another time with the announcement of the S7.

First 50 sold. Shipping in progress.
Next batch in 10 days, 150 boards.

I want to order from the next batch of 5 pieces.
Today I got my ordered 4 boards. Thank you.

Click to enlarge
lanfeusst

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:15:18 PM

I want to order one board from the next batch.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 04:20:37 PM

Is shipping to US included, or is it extra? I would like to buy 2 boards but wanted to be sure about shipping.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
fhh
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 05:41:41 PM

received my order:)

its great.

everyone be sure to use 2 DPS2000 from the same series.
I first havent looked after it and then only one PSU was working.
2 S7 were to much for it so it shut down after a few minutes.

nothing bad happened Smiley 

for the next order I would consider to order two sideplates per DPS-double because the plastic plate is not so solid.

@J4bber
at the Hi/Lo voltage switch I'm missing the "normal" middle position.
it is very hard to get it to the position of normal 12.2V
Lo is 11.8
Hi is 12.6

switch seems to have only two positions like the on/off switch
not three like the on/off switch from the single DPS-2000 breakout board

little space for improvements but you definitively get a wonderful 4K watt PSU monster Smiley Smiley

fhh
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 05:46:18 PM

Is shipping to US included, or is it extra? I would like to buy 2 boards but wanted to be sure about shipping.

shipping is on top and not so cheap to US
maybe they will get available at the US distributor ?
mentioned here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0

actually it is not listed and the single version is also sold out:
http://holybitcoin.com/product/dps-2000bb-breakout-adapter-board/

J4bberwock (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:40:42 PM

received my order:)

its great.

everyone be sure to use 2 DPS2000 from the same series.
I first havent looked after it and then only one PSU was working.
2 S7 were to much for it so it shut down after a few minutes.

nothing bad happened Smiley 

for the next order I would consider to order two sideplates per DPS-double because the plastic plate is not so solid.

@J4bber
at the Hi/Lo voltage switch I'm missing the "normal" middle position.
it is very hard to get it to the position of normal 12.2V
Lo is 11.8
Hi is 12.6

switch seems to have only two positions like the on/off switch
not three like the on/off switch from the single DPS-2000 breakout board

little space for improvements but you definitively get a wonderful 4K watt PSU monster Smiley Smiley

Thanks for the feedback.
regarding the  different series, do you mean revisions? I've used mixed revisions with success, but they were both over S9 or under S9, I haven't tried mixed old/new revisions.

As for the voltage, adjusting the trim pot fully on the left side will give the lowest offset voltage.
After you adjust the internal pot for the lowest voltage of 11.2v, you should find 12v easier to reach.
I'll anyway change the switch with a ON-OFF-ON one for the second batch, no extra cost, and it can be of some use if you just want to use 12v.

All remaining paid orders should ship tomorrow, I'll provide tracking number.

Once everything is finally shipped I'll post some more detailed instructions for assembly.

Basically, you need to start by adding the breakout board to the 2 PSUs.

Then, the plastic locking spacers in the 4mm holes at the back of each PSU.

Unscrew the small screw close to the front of the PSU, and put the metal spacer in its place.

You can now put the sideplate in place by gently pressing the 4.8mm side of the plastic locking spacers in the sideplate holes.
And add the two M3 screws to attach the plate to the metal spacers.

In each set, I supply the M3x30mm screws to attach 25mm fans with grills to the sideplate.

If for any reason you do prefer M4 threading on the sideplate, just message me so I can adjust it before shipping.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: