Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:57:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Magicaldice.com(Provably fair or not..?)Warning for dicers  (Read 3231 times)
Stars

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 06:47:16 AM

I know dooglus had been known to look ahead from time to time but stopped when he accidentally gave up information to a better.

I don't think I ever accidentally leaked any information. One time I told a player that I had looked ahead while he was playing at very low chance of winning, so see when he was due to hit. And he freaked out on me. He told me that just by knowing his future I was changing the future, via quantum effects. So I promised I wouldn't do it any more.

Not looking makes it much easier to be in the chat. Sometimes people on long losing streaks try "fishing" for information from me. "I'm bound to hit soon, right doog?" - if I knew the answer to that question it would be difficult to know how to answer. It becomes a game of poker - do I bluff, double-bluff? And so I don't know - then I can't accidentally leak information.

On the other hand, if PD had changed the server seed of hufflepuff/robinhood they wouldn't have lost a few hundred bitcoins. Wink

I don't think so. HufflePuff had a way of discovering his server seed. If PD had changed it, he would have just made a new account and continued cheating on that one.

yeah i should have doog from just dice stop in and he can let you know really how big of a deal it was when he had to reset the server seed and what he did to make sure the EVERYONE new that they werent using the same seed...

I found the thread accidentally all by myself.

Us dice site operators all get a little 'spooked' sometimes, and I think it's good to err on the side of caution. It's not a good idea to accuse people of cheating though, as BTC seems to be doing in that chat log. If the player isn't cheating, there's a good chance you'll offend him enough that he stops playing and so never loses his winnings back to you. And if he is, he'll just deny it anyway.

I was once concerned that server seeds may have leaked, and so even though I thought it unlikely I couldn't take that chance, and decided to reset all the server seeds. I made the site act as if all the players had clicked the 'randomize' button, resetting the server seed, revealing the old one, resetting the nonce to 0, etc. And I made the chat tell everyone about the reset each time they logged in, and every 10 minutes thereafter. For a month or two. Until people begged me to remove the notice.

Yeah, it was similar to our situation except you did it the right way, we did it the completely wrong way. Also that's what I thought was going to happen, I told our dev to change the server and client seed for Uni and I assumed by him doing this it would reveal the old server seed so he'd still be able to verify his old bets if needed. Either way, I went to sleep and woke up with Cryptasm telling me that our dev only changed the server seed and didn't change the client seed because he thought it was pointless. So I assumed everything was fine, I have no coding experience and lack a lot of knowledge on technical stuff so I didn't question our dev and thought nothing more of it until this whole situation arose.

This was definitely a lesson learnt though and won't happen again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inkvor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:14:27 AM

I know dooglus had been known to look ahead from time to time but stopped when he accidentally gave up information to a better.

I don't think I ever accidentally leaked any information. One time I told a player that I had looked ahead while he was playing at very low chance of winning, so see when he was due to hit. And he freaked out on me. He told me that just by knowing his future I was changing the future, via quantum effects. So I promised I wouldn't do it any more.

Not looking makes it much easier to be in the chat. Sometimes people on long losing streaks try "fishing" for information from me. "I'm bound to hit soon, right doog?" - if I knew the answer to that question it would be difficult to know how to answer. It becomes a game of poker - do I bluff, double-bluff? And so I don't know - then I can't accidentally leak information.

On the other hand, if PD had changed the server seed of hufflepuff/robinhood they wouldn't have lost a few hundred bitcoins. Wink

I don't think so. HufflePuff had a way of discovering his server seed. If PD had changed it, he would have just made a new account and continued cheating on that one.

yeah i should have doog from just dice stop in and he can let you know really how big of a deal it was when he had to reset the server seed and what he did to make sure the EVERYONE new that they werent using the same seed...

Us dice site operators all get a little 'spooked' sometimes, and I think it's good to err on the side of caution. It's not a good idea to accuse people of cheating though, as BTC seems to be doing in that chat log. If the player isn't cheating, there's a good chance you'll offend him enough that he stops playing and so never loses his winnings back to you. And if he is, he'll just deny it anyway.

I was once concerned that server seeds may have leaked, and so even though I thought it unlikely I couldn't take that chance, and decided to reset all the server seeds. I made the site act as if all the players had clicked the 'randomize' button, resetting the server seed, revealing the old one, resetting the nonce to 0, etc. And I made the chat tell everyone about the reset each time they logged in, and every 10 minutes thereafter. For a month or two. Until people begged me to remove the notice.

Yeah, it was similar to our situation except you did it the right way, we did it the completely wrong way. Also that's what I thought was going to happen, I told our dev to change the server and client seed for Uni and I assumed by him doing this it would reveal the old server seed so he'd still be able to verify his old bets if needed. Either way, I went to sleep and woke up with Cryptasm telling me that our dev only changed the server seed and didn't change the client seed because he thought it was pointless. So I assumed everything was fine, I have no coding experience and lack a lot of knowledge on technical stuff so I didn't question our dev and thought nothing more of it until this whole situation arose.

i know how it all looks to  NON-TECHNICAL people and plus there are very rare experienced and skilled developers in crypto world.
maybe time to change one for you people.?
Bluewaffle (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:24:38 AM

i know how it all looks to  NON-TECHNICAL people and plus there are very rare experienced and skilled developers in crypto world.
maybe time to change one for you people.?

what exactly are you trying to say..?

Inkvor

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:14:05 AM

i mean to say it was developers fault by not changing the client seed as well and star said he dosent has much info.. about these stuff .
what else u dont understand ?
Inkvor

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:00:45 AM

Be careful with this site, they store balances in satoshis and do not account for smaller units.

This means that if you bet 10satoshis at 1.05x, you will profit 0satoshis if you win, while you were supposed to profit 0.5 satoshis.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it goes to show how unprofessional the site is and how the owners have not clue what they are doing. No other bitcoin gambling site (PRC, PD, JD, etc...) stores balances in satoshis, they all have smaller units, because with small amounts you often need to work with fractions of satoshi in order for things to balance out.
How is that meant to be careful towards them ? on bitdice the minimum to bet is 0.001 litoshi not the 0.00000001 unit .
Yes they are not very professional it is pretty much cleared from the above done mistake,but they are LEGIT afaik and just give it time ..
pjsonowal

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:18:02 AM

So whats everyones thought on this about the newest dice site to be introduced to btc community (magicaldice.com)

https://i.imgur.com/KXcIS9j.png

https://i.imgur.com/Sp046W0.png

Sorry about the sloppy work made it fast but it doesnt matter in a situations like this in my opinion..

please let  me know your thoughts....

damn that guys is so lucky....congo unibtc for your win......every dice site is fair there is  no doubt that they are not fair ...coz they wrk on seeds and all....but there are some sites which uses to AJAX particles or things which syncs the no. which the user had entered in the field....but when it comes to magical dice i dnt feel like that... its awesome website Kiss

Bluewaffle (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:30:14 AM

i mean to say it was developers fault by not changing the client seed as well and star said he dosent has much info.. about these stuff .

lol well i dont understand someone who makes a statement that literally has no point ..and yes obvi it was there fault hardto miss that one now bud

Patejl

Activity: 532

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:35:14 AM

lol well i dont understand someone who makes a statement that literally has no point ..and yes obvi it was there fault hardto miss that one now bud
Not understandable for me as well, but is he trying to say the dev of the site is a noob while is getting paid for the post? Thats hilarious if it is true.

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

Inkvor

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:57:55 AM

Not understandable for me as well, but is he trying to say the dev of the site is a noob while is getting paid for the post? Thats hilarious if it is true.
you both dont understand my point ,Star was unable to understand weather the dev did it the correct way or not as lacking technical skills.
otherwise this wouldnt have been happening.
rambeazle

Activity: 244

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:08:33 AM

you both dont understand my point ,Star was unable to understand weather the dev did it the correct way or not as lacking technical skills.
otherwise this wouldnt have been happening.

No one understands your English, not to mention your point.
Inkvor

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:15:43 AM

No one understands your English, not to mention your point.
then you might want to join some tutorials kiddo,cause you really need it.
its OK if it was just to increase your acitivty,
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:22:30 AM

Hey don't argue about nothing.

He is probably saying Stars didn't know what dev did before it got reported, or Stars lack the technical knowledge to understand what he did was wrong (I doubt that is true. Stars probably didn't check what exactly the dev did, but doesn't mean he can't understand, lol. Tongue)

Just ignore everything* you don't understand. Makes lives simple. Grin

*From quarks and dark matter to DNA and CRISPR.
jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:25:10 PM

nice stats blue.

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
Esally

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:29:46 PM

What about nightly backups? The server seed was the same for days, so it should be contained in them. Or were they accidentally deleted as well?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:46:09 PM

Be careful with this site, they store balances in satoshis and do not account for smaller units.

This means that if you bet 10satoshis at 1.05x, you will profit 0satoshis if you win, while you were supposed to profit 0.5 satoshis.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it goes to show how unprofessional the site is and how the owners have not clue what they are doing. No other bitcoin gambling site (PRC, PD, JD, etc...) stores balances in satoshis, they all have smaller units, because with small amounts you often need to work with fractions of satoshi in order for things to balance out.

I don't know about the others, but JD definitely rounds down. If you bet 1 satoshi at 50% and win, you won't win anything. Your profit is calculated to be slightly less than 1 satoshi and rounded down to zero. There's a warning up the top telling you that the profit is zero:

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:06:02 PM

I don't know about the others, but JD definitely rounds down. If you bet 1 satoshi at 50% and win, you won't win anything. Your profit is calculated to be slightly less than 1 satoshi and rounded down to zero. There's a warning up the top telling you that the profit is zero:

MagicalDice changed to the same system as you 3 days ago. And that user seems to be upset. They had a bug where betting 0.00000003, win chance 85%, you got 1 satoshi. So you had positive ev.
Bluewaffle (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:30:37 PM

nice stats blue.

lol your off dogg straight up

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: