Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:45:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No More Rocket To The Moon Ever  (Read 5303 times)
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:22:06 PM

I'm going to enjoy pulling this thread up again in a few years  Grin.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:16:07 PM

You actually might not enjoy Mr Falling pulling this up in a few years...

Odds are BTC will start to rise when a large ecom starts to fall...

America nor China will allow BTC to become the run to haven when they start to fall.  They might try to kill it or pull a gold standard move and claim the owning of bitcoins Illegal and you have to turn ALL of them over to the pigs.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 07:52:00 AM

The last big use of "rocket to the moon" images involved Paycoin, late last year. Remember Paycoin, and their "$20 floor"? Current Paycoin price: $0.011397. 

But not all the way to zero. Paycoin still has about one transaction a minute. Somewhere, somebody probably left some bots running, and there's still at least one node maintaining the Paycoin blockchain.

Will the last one to leave please turn off the blockchain?
romjpn

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:37:17 AM

It's either zero or hero, take your bet either way.

The idea BTC will stay at $150-$300 is utterly laughable.

I agree, overtime if Bitcoin get the success it deserves, 300$ is too low. 10 000$ seems a good mid-term (5 years) goal.
It could also go to zero if the governments try to shut it down for good or if we don't solve the block size problem.

---~~~***~~~--- http://InvestBitcoinGuide.com ---~~~***~~~---
Invest your bitcoins/altcoins into legit businesses. Get solid returns !
We hate scams and ponzis !
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:35:07 PM

It's either zero or hero, take your bet either way.

The idea BTC will stay at $150-$300 is utterly laughable.

I agree, overtime if Bitcoin get the success it deserves, 300$ is too low. 10 000$ seems a good mid-term (5 years) goal.
It could also go to zero if the governments try to shut it down for good or if we don't solve the block size problem.

I think the blocksize problem is a smaller issue than people are making it.

Bitcoin as a store of value means if it costs $10 to send BTC no one will care.
Side chains imo.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:21:31 PM

America nor China will allow BTC to become the run to haven when they start to fall.  They might try to kill it or pull a gold standard move and claim the owning of bitcoins Illegal and you have to turn ALL of them over to the pigs.
And how in hell are going to force you to turn all of your Bitcoin to them? How are they going to kill all nodes when anyone (thanks to the blocksize not being big) can run a node on a moderately powerful computer?
It's a pipedream for the goverment to try to stop Bitcoin. As long as you Bitcoin isn't tied to your credentials then those Bitcoins don't exist for them so they can't demand anything from you.
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:25:25 PM

I'm going to enjoy pulling this thread up again in a few years  Grin.

America nor China will allow BTC to become the run to haven when they start to fall.  They might try to kill it or pull a gold standard move and claim the owning of bitcoins Illegal and you have to turn ALL of them over to the pigs.
And how in hell are going to force you to turn all of your Bitcoin to them? How are they going to kill all nodes when anyone (thanks to the blocksize not being big) can run a node on a moderately powerful computer?
It's a pipedream for the goverment to try to stop Bitcoin. As long as you Bitcoin isn't tied to your credentials then those Bitcoins don't exist for them so they can't demand anything from you.

With a lead pipe or a knife and slowly peeling your skin off..
You underestimate what the pigs in power will do to other humans.

That node reason is EXACTLY why I am very nervious about and large blocksize increases.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:27:10 PM

hey stop questioning btc or you will get banned!!!!
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:15:49 AM

Mark my words, there will never be another "TO DA MOON" action.

I dont even understand why should Bitcoin want to go to the Moon. There is nothing there, not even air to breath.  Grin

Bitcoin should stay here on earth, for us normal air breathing people to use it!
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:22:43 AM

Maybe one thing we could say is that too many people watched Wall Street with Charlie Sheen here.

Of course everybody got crazy before November 2013: it was unbelievable seeing this thing going to the top.

I like the technology behind BTC, the price will come eventually.

If you are done with it, sell me some of your BTC
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 12:24:12 PM

Selling off right now might not be a good idea. As i also bought a lot of the coins and watching the price going down after that, just have to accept the fact that this is part of risk of investment that we take. Meanwhile doing some posting and trading to cover back the amount.

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:35:26 PM

I'm sorry if you listened to the whales when they said the price would rise but you should have done your homework, the whales are the biggest one that short and manipulate the market, most of em actually have more of an interests invested in the btc price going down.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3434
Merit: 4368

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:35:26 PM

America nor China will allow BTC to become the run to haven when they start to fall.  They might try to kill it or pull a gold standard move and claim the owning of bitcoins Illegal and you have to turn ALL of them over to the pigs.

I'm sorry to pop youre reality bubble, the pigs wont bann Bitcoin; to much money involved in this greater tech with lots of benifits. If they want to bann it they had done it few years ago.

Regulation and control seems more fitted for them.

Put youre head straight and stop beeing depressed about the current price thats all.
g-unit

Activity: 432

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:37:30 PM

I'm sorry to pop youre reality bubble, the pigs wont bann Bitcoin; to much money involved in this greater tech with lots of benifits. If they want to bann it they had done it few years ago.

Regulation and control seems more fitted for them.

Put youre head straight and stop beeing depressed about the current price thats all.

Exactly. Typical things bear go to to spread FUD (government banning BTC). Smh. Dumbasses.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:50:13 PM

The rocket is not going anywhere since it is firmly chained to the ground by the 1 MB blocksize limit. It could blow up however.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:41:51 AM

The rocket is not going anywhere since it is firmly chained to the ground by the 1 MB blocksize limit. It could blow up however.

don't think that's why bitcoin isn't moving currently. we've seen such a "stable" period before and it took months to move forward. don't think this time is much different. people aren't that shocked by bitcoin xt anymore.
tonycamp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:56:34 AM

if you are talking about btc price i suggest no rokets and if its a new alt coin a suggest to pu the word roket to the moon like moon coin and doge its was soo entusiastic those alt coins now moon deprecated

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:12:07 AM

I'd be glad to come back to this thread after the halving. Smiley It's either zero or big, and I choose to take the risk.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:30:46 AM

I'd be glad to come back to this thread after the halving. Smiley It's either zero or big, and I choose to take the risk.

i bet there is going to be same stuff going on by that time too.
nothing is ever going to change. it was the same when price was $2 and these guys were talking about "bitcoin can never rise, back to $1" and others saying "to da moon"

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:31:18 PM

What if farting's right? We haven't seen any dramatic rise since late 2013. I know the past is not the best indication of the future but what if this current "flatline" trend continues, with mini risings and mini crashes??

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: