Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:14:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No More Rocket To The Moon Ever  (Read 5303 times)
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 03:22:19 AM

it's not 2009 to climb up quick b'coz bitcoin industry is growing a lot in past 2 years and still many companies involving development.

you need lot of patience and idea about the technology. take a deep sleep and comeback after 2 years to see bitcoin & it's business networks.

Yes if any thing go up very high without any solid reason it will surly come back with much higher speed so always slow and study is the correct way to go up. Any way now prices will go up based on how many businesses will start accepting it as a currency and it creates some demand for coins but this process takes some time to happen.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:25:47 AM

No more rocket fuel to the moon or not, still there is a lot of money to be made just by staying in bitcoins. Also, it is not surprising that we are not actually going up price-wise. Big investors and companies only put their money in the block chain technology, and not the cryptocurrency itself. If that happens, then we might even see even a glimpse of the moon that all of us wanted to see.

people here still think we'll see huge peaks like in 2012, 2013, 2014, but these peaks won't come back as traders don't react to news anymore. can't think of anything realistic that will make the price jump considerably right now. we need to have patience.

Forget your coins until retirement will be a good strategy.

Not a bear myself, and I'm also trying to be optimistic but with the stagnation in the markets and no more new people trying to build business around here, we probably can't see another $1k range sooner unless a new Willy bot is created and help us to get there. Also, I'm not the kind of person that checks out bitcoin prices several times a day. I don't care much about the price, really. I'm here because I want to learn deeper into several aspects of economics, technology and cryptography. Earning because if bitcoins is just a bonus. Smiley
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 08:56:23 PM

No more rocket fuel to the moon or not, still there is a lot of money to be made just by staying in bitcoins. Also, it is not surprising that we are not actually going up price-wise. Big investors and companies only put their money in the block chain technology, and not the cryptocurrency itself. If that happens, then we might even see even a glimpse of the moon that all of us wanted to see.

people here still think we'll see huge peaks like in 2012, 2013, 2014, but these peaks won't come back as traders don't react to news anymore. can't think of anything realistic that will make the price jump considerably right now. we need to have patience.

Forget your coins until retirement will be a good strategy.

Not a bear myself, and I'm also trying to be optimistic but with the stagnation in the markets and no more new people trying to build business around here, we probably can't see another $1k range sooner unless a new Willy bot is created and help us to get there. Also, I'm not the kind of person that checks out bitcoin prices several times a day. I don't care much about the price, really. I'm here because I want to learn deeper into several aspects of economics, technology and cryptography. Earning because if bitcoins is just a bonus. Smiley

If your in it for the sake of economics, technology, and cryptography; I would suggest you merge a percentage of your coins to a couple of alts that offer "newer" technology.  Examples would be Monero, Litecoin, and Etherum... These coins, imo, have the most potential to create a new type of market and offer users more options on how they go about buying things online.  Plus, because they are at a very cheap price, it won't hurt you as much if the coin itself goes flatline and becomes worthless.

tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:33:37 PM

agree we will not seeing price up again, it's time to sell your coins not before price low than now Wink

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:54:17 PM

Contrary to popular perception, a farting_shot is quite different from a parting_shot, the former tends to linger.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:25:31 AM

agree we will not seeing price up again, it's time to sell your coins not before price low than now Wink

Care to share more of your opinions?  I think that while bitcoin may not see the $1K price point ever again, I think that it will still remain a good investment in terms of using as a future currency.  Plus I think that bitcoin will share it purchasing power with another altcoin that offers better security capabilities than bitcoin, and I think there will be another alt coin that will offer faster transactions than bitcoin.  I think that bitcoin will be the basis of what we will base the value of the other alternative coins, just like how we value the bitcoins that are circulating today in fiat terms.

abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 12:49:23 AM

Cry

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:41:58 AM

There are a lot of people who sold their coins at $20.
Hope you don't face the same regret.  Smiley

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:50:35 AM

Based on the last time btc halved (November 2012) and the recent LTC halving last month, I REALLY don't think it will rocket to the moon and STAY there. Yes, there will be an upward movement a couple months before July'2016's halving event. But, it will crash back down to 240 or lower. There seems to be many, many naive people on this forum, based on the kind of responses I'm seeing here.
If I remember correctly bitcoin price in 2012 was no higher than $15. Bitcoin was widely unknown and bitcoin trading and speculation wasn't developed.
This time it is quite different as we have millions of dollar pumped into bitcoin projects and startups, price will change.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:04:03 AM

Hope you don't face the same regret.  Smiley

I share your concerns about regret! A lot of the advice on Bitcointalk these days seems quite unsophisticated. I guess here the poster could believe that Bitcoin is a failed experiment, then it would make sense to get out completely. But I suspect most of us believe that that's not the case!

I avoid selling BTC as far as possible (I'd sell if I needed fiat, to pay bills for example). When I think price is going down I buy puts (options where you profit if the BTC price goes down) instead, to profit from the decline in price. That way if the price actually goes up I still have all my BTC, and I've only spent a little on the puts.

Too many posts on Bitcointalk these days seem to be polarised - sell everything! Go all in! Bullish or bearish, both types of post seem more about influencing other people so as to profit at their expense, rather than an honest attempt to discuss probabilities.

This space intentionally left blank.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:19:17 AM

It was exciting to ride the rockets to the moon in 2013. It was horrifying to crash to the bottom throughout 2014. It's been downright boring to flatline throughout 2015.

They assured me that odd years were the best for bitcoin. They said 2015 would see a rocket to the moon or two.  They ordered me to HODL even as the price continued to tumble. The promised that bitcoin price would never go below the previous ATH.

THEY ARE WRONG!!!

The bulltards, early adopters and whales, who said all of the above are liars and scammers.

Mark my words, there will never be another "TO DA MOON" action. We can't even break 250 this year, or the next year. Block reward halfing will not trigger a permanent price rise that everyone here seems to expect. Au contraire. Price will probably go up a few months prior to July 2016, but it will crash right back down. Look at LTC and what happened recently there.

Mass adoption en masse won't happen. It will happen slowly, but not AT ONCE, like many people here expect. This is it, folks. This is AS GOOD AS BTC GETS. Enjoy it while you can. It will end. We will sink to even lower depths.

You're bag holding kid.  And those "bulltards, early adopters and whales" took you for an ass and sold their stash to you, and the dumb lot like you.  The cryptocurrency market is trading at its finest.  No regulators, no rules, no authority.  And in order for some traders to gain, some has to lose.  And you lost.

It's not Bitcoin that you lost your money to, it's the other people trading against you.  It's a zero sum game.

Sorry.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:24:16 AM

Hope you don't face the same regret.  Smiley

I share your concerns about regret! A lot of the advice on Bitcointalk these days seems quite unsophisticated. I guess here the poster could believe that Bitcoin is a failed experiment, then it would make sense to get out completely. But I suspect most of us believe that that's not the case!

I avoid selling BTC as far as possible (I'd sell if I needed fiat, to pay bills for example). When I think price is going down I buy puts (options where you profit if the BTC price goes down) instead, to profit from the decline in price. That way if the price actually goes up I still have all my BTC, and I've only spent a little on the puts.

Too many posts on Bitcointalk these days seem to be polarised - sell everything! Go all in! Bullish or bearish, both types of post seem more about influencing other people so as to profit at their expense, rather than an honest attempt to discuss probabilities.

It's always the same game. In times of depression all the trolls, doom predictors and traders who wants to see the price go down are spamming several threads in each section how shitty Bitcoin is and that good times are over and that the rest of us who stays here is a bunch of stupid believers and bagholders. I don't give a f*** to tall that crap.I have time!And if this ship should go down I don't mind because I'm invested with money what I can afford to lose.

EDIT: just have a look at one post above mine than you see what I mean. Cheesy
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:55:23 AM

^ Buy and hold kid.  We'll see each other on the same side when Willybot comes back.  Who knows.. It could be anytime now.  Hang in there buddy boy. Wink

Oh..  And the people who say "And if this ship should go down I don't mind because I'm invested with money what I can afford to lose" are losers at trading.  Which is a good thing because it makes the trading game profitable.

Good luck buddy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████