Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about the updates of DASH  (Read 2978 times)
Outlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:03:22 AM

DASH released a Decentralized Governance by Blockchain System, embeded with vote function.
The masternodes are coming out to share 45% of mining reward. What do you think about it?
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115264/dash-the-first-decentralized-autonomous-organization

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:20:12 AM

If bitcoin had this implemented the blocksize debate would have been a thing of the past. I love the way Dash is always at the cutting edge of crypto, solving all of bitcoins problems plus ensuring the solutions are sustainable for future growth.

Also, funding directly from the blockchain for projects voted by the masternode community. Anyone can submit a proposal to develop/provide services to Dash and get paid for it if consensus is agreed.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 11:37:35 AM

I think DASH is a clumsy crypto-system and that Evan already proved with lowering the emission and nixing a vote that benefited the majority of holders that he is all about keeping the instaminer's profits secure and not about the larger (# versus %) community--but of course, since a majority of masternodes are held by those very instaminers, there are no worries of any vote that can't be bullied into their favor. But yeah, if you're all about symbolism over substance, can't read between the lines, or want to try winning a game of greater-fool-hot-potato, this is the coin you deserve.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:39:41 PM

I think DASH is a clumsy crypto-system

Which crypto-system would you suggest they'd migrate to? Now that they have the funding directly from the blockchain they could fund a change of tech.

Evan already proved with lowering the emission and nixing a vote that benefited the majority of holders

A developer that makes decisions that benefit the majority of the holders? Who would ever want to hold such a coin!

majority of masternodes are held by those very instaminers

How do you know this? Who are those instaminers, how many of them there were?
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 03:53:14 PM

I think DASH is a clumsy crypto-system

1.Which crypto-system would you suggest they'd migrate to? Now that they have the funding directly from the blockchain they could fund a change of tech.

Evan already proved with lowering the emission and nixing a vote that benefited the majority of holders

2. A developer that makes decisions that benefit the majority of the holders? Who would ever want to hold such a coin!

majority of masternodes are held by those very instaminers

How do you know this? Who are those instaminers, how many of them there were?

1. I would suggest cryptonight if you want anonymity, but anything that doesn't depend on masternodes or a buch of algos mashed together would be an improvement.  Wink

2. Most everyone.  Smiley

3. Did Evan and Otoh sell their shares? Give me proof of that and I'll take it back. Of course if either, or both, are selling it might explain why your buy support is dropping.   Grin

illodin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:02:33 PM

3. Did Evan and Otoh sell their shares? Give me proof of that and I'll take it back. Of course if either, or both, are selling it might explain why your buy support is dropping.   Grin

Otoh has stated that he has bought his coins from the markets, I don't think he is even a miner. If you want to call him a liar go ahead if you don't trust a man's word.

Evan and InternetApe were the dev team when the coin launched. InternetApe dumped his coins when he left a year ago or something and he had the same opportunity to instamine as Evan. That fact alone reduces Evan's theoretical alleged instamine by 50%.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:15:51 PM

3. Did Evan and Otoh sell their shares? Give me proof of that and I'll take it back. Of course if either, or both, are selling it might explain why your buy support is dropping.   Grin

Otoh has stated that he has bought his coins from the markets, I don't think he is even a miner. If you want to call him a liar go ahead if you don't trust a man's word.

Evan and InternetApe were the dev team when the coin launched. InternetApe dumped his coins when he left a year ago or something and he had the same opportunity to instamine as Evan. That fact alone reduces Evan's theoretical alleged instamine by 50%.

I don't trust anyone involved in DASH. The Bitcoin Devs I trust, the Monero Devs I trust, Anonymint I trust. I may not always agree with them, but I trust that their opinions are honest and the information they provide is thorough. Anyone who knows that developers mined 2 million coins in eight hours, but claim a fair launch, doesn't deserve my trust. If they wanted it, they'd pick better associates.

I don't know how many coins Internetape instamined, but do you have any proof that it was 50% of the coins instamined?

leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:23:43 PM

3. Did Evan and Otoh sell their shares? Give me proof of that and I'll take it back. Of course if either, or both, are selling it might explain why your buy support is dropping.   Grin

I don't trust anyone involved in DASH. The Bitcoin Devs I trust, the Monero Devs I trust, Anonymint I trust. I may not always agree with them, but I trust that their opinions are honest and the information they provide is thorough. Anyone who knows that developers mined 2 million coins in eight hours, but claim a fair launch, doesn't deserve my trust. If they wanted it, they'd pick better associates.

I don't know how many coins Internetape instamined, but do you have any proof that it was 50% of the coins instamined?

That is the main reason I dumped all of my Dash.
illodin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:54:28 PM

Has Otoh claimed a fair launch? I can't recall seeing that. Also, how could he know 2 million coins were mined by Evan and InternetApe in 8 hours if the total coins mined in that time period was 1.5 million, and there were other people mining as well?

I don't have proof, but since this started by you making a claim that "majority of masternodes are held by those very instaminers" without any proof, I think I can provide the most likely case that they both mined similar amounts.

AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:11:03 PM

Illodin the scam sympathiser and defender  Roll Eyes

INSTAMINE ALERT

Attention: The developers and insiders scam instamined over 1.5 million DASH in the first 8 hours of launch then lied about it.

SCAM IN PROGRESS

Number of Dash scam instamined in the first 8 hours of launch: 1,567,052 or 27.13% of current coin supply (7.83% of TOTAL  supply that will ever exist)

Number of Dash scam instamined in the first 24 hours of launch: 1,868,604 or 32.36% of current coin supply (9.34% of TOTAL  supply that will ever exist)
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 10:04:11 PM

1. Has Otoh claimed a fair launch? I can't recall seeing that. Also, how could he know 2 million coins were mined by Evan and InternetApe in 8 hours if the total coins mined in that time period was 1.5 million, and there were other people mining as well?

2. I don't have proof, but since this started by you making a claim that "majority of masternodes are held by those very instaminers" without any proof, I think I can provide the most likely case that they both mined similar amounts.

1. Re-read what I wrote, "Anyone who knows..." Are you telling me Otoh didn't know that the initial mining was absurdly fast and that Evan claimed it was an accident in order to technically not have a premine? Either he is a poor man's whale who doesn't know the gory details of what he's investing in or he is someone who uses his money to back sham launched coins--either way i'm not trusting that guy based on his word.

2. The most likely case is that the scam artist are continuing to scam. But thanks for correcting me on 2 million; I'm sure you sleep better at night knowing it was only 1.5 million coins Evan and crew mined in eight hours. It's been so long since I've had to deal with a dasher that I forgot a few of the details. Thankfully there's a thread dedicated to the facts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

illodin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:19:26 PM

1. Has Otoh claimed a fair launch? I can't recall seeing that. Also, how could he know 2 million coins were mined by Evan and InternetApe in 8 hours if the total coins mined in that time period was 1.5 million, and there were other people mining as well?

2. I don't have proof, but since this started by you making a claim that "majority of masternodes are held by those very instaminers" without any proof, I think I can provide the most likely case that they both mined similar amounts.

1. Re-read what I wrote, "Anyone who knows..." Are you telling me Otoh didn't know that the initial mining was absurdly fast and that Evan claimed it was an accident in order to technically not have a premine? Either he is a poor man's whale who doesn't know the gory details of what he's investing in or he is someone who uses his money to back sham launched coins--either way i'm not trusting that guy based on his word.

2. The most likely case is that the scam artist are continuing to scam. But thanks for correcting me on 2 million; I'm sure you sleep better at night knowing it was only 1.5 million coins Evan and crew mined in eight hours. It's been so long since I've had to deal with a dasher that I forgot a few of the details. Thankfully there's a thread dedicated to the facts.

1. I don't know what you're asking me to re-read, probably a language barrier as I was never very good in English. What I understood was you're saying you don't trust Otoh's word because he knows Evan and InternetApe mined 2 million coins in 8 hours, and that he claims it was a fair launch. If you meant something else, could you say it unambiguously, thanks.

2. If you don't accept my proposition for the most likely distribution between the dev team being that Evan and InternetApe mined similar amounts, then what do you think is more plausible and why? 40-60? 80-20?

And yes, that's the thread where I had to go check the numbers myself, I would've thought you would've memorized them by now.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 10:45:41 PM

1. I don't know what you're asking me to re-read, probably a language barrier as I was never very good in English. What I understood was you're saying you don't trust Otoh's word because he knows Evan and InternetApe mined 2 million coins in 8 hours, and that he claims it was a fair launch. If you meant something else, could you say it unambiguously, thanks.

2. If you don't accept my proposition for the most likely distribution between the dev team being that Evan and InternetApe mined similar amounts, then what do you think is more plausible and why? 40-60? 80-20?

And yes, that's the thread where I had to go check the numbers myself, I would've thought you would've memorized them by now.

1. At least one person understood what I wrote, so I think the fault lies in your cognitive dissonance when it comes to the reality of Dash's instamine and the BS that is Evan. Accident, please. He's either a fool or a liar. And Otoh is either a fool or practicing greater fool strategy. So yes, I don't take either at their word. I think I made that point clear.

2. I'm not going to try and discern how much Evan personally mined; all I need to know is that he was misleading others as to the launch time, was mining before anyone else had a chance--500,000 coins were mined in the first hour (check that), was offering to buy more coins, cut the distribution to benefit him and the early instaminers, changed the name twice to most likely escape the taint of his instamine, loaded a bunch of algos onto one coin which any cryptographer worth a damn will tell you is piss-poor design and created a shabby way to mix coins that just so happens to reign in more profits for those holding the most coins, which unless you are going to naively niggle over what is 100% verifiable, is most likely him and a few instaminers. You can play dumb with your money. I won't.

In short,  Buyer beware.

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:02:37 AM

Illodin the scam sympathiser and defender  Roll Eyes

INSTAMINE ALERT

Attention: The developers and insiders scam instamined over 1.5 million DASH in the first 8 hours of launch then lied about it.

SCAM IN PROGRESS

Number of Dash scam instamined in the first 8 hours of launch: 1,567,052 or 27.13% of current coin supply (7.83% of TOTAL  supply that will ever exist)

Number of Dash scam instamined in the first 24 hours of launch: 1,868,604 or 32.36% of current coin supply (9.34% of TOTAL  supply that will ever exist)

this is true, they instamined it big time. later changed reward rules to match their needs.

newb4now

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:51:10 AM

I think DASH is a clumsy crypto-system and that Evan already proved with lowering the emission and nixing a vote that benefited the majority of holders that he is all about keeping the instaminer's profits secure and not about the larger (# versus %) community--but of course, since a majority of masternodes are held by those very instaminers, there are no worries of any vote that can't be bullied into their favor. But yeah, if you're all about symbolism over substance, can't read between the lines, or want to try winning a game of greater-fool-hot-potato, this is the coin you deserve.

Good summary. Evan & company are trying to extract as much value from DASH before it collapses. The higher they can push masternode rewards the higher the profits for them (the instaminers) since they own most of the masternodes.  Unfortunately this model is not suitable to attract new community members and will ultimately fail.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:33:59 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 01:50:41 AM by smooth

Wasn't it shown on the blockchain that a large portion of his coins came directly from the instamine, and then after that was shown he admitted acquiring them that way?

I don't know what is meant by "from the markets" but I would normally interpret that as going on an exchange and placing orders having some or all of them get filled and withdrawing. It doesn't appear from blockchain analysis (unless my recollection above is incorrect) that is what happened.

I suppose in theory "the markets" includes any buyer and seller, but that makes his statement meaningless instead of deceptive.

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:52:21 AM

this was the case:

last block with faulty rules:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/block.dws?4501.htm    500 coins reward

first fixed:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/block.dws?4502.htm    56 coins reward

BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:23:27 AM

Ignore the Monero haters they are E-gangsters and all they do is cry*p*to about other coins into forums instead of creating and real crypto.
Go to Dash threads and learn by ur self those Monero still did not create any real thing except one thing, yup you guessed it speculating speculating and more speculating! and their PR is to sabotage any ANN thread or any other coin thread.

Look at Smooth he is a Monero dev and he is still crying here instead of doing any crypto they have 30 developers! yet they did not do 1% of what Evan did....CRY*P*TO more Monero developers and haters!!

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 02:46:14 AM

DASH released a Decentralized Governance by Blockchain System, embeded with vote function.
The masternodes are coming out to share 45% of mining reward. What do you think about it?
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115264/dash-the-first-decentralized-autonomous-organization

DASH's new "Megablocks" destroy any remaining resemblance between actual and (predictable) algorithmic emission.

Dumpers with tons of Madoff-nodes simply vote themselves more coins to dump.  Desperate bag-holders double down, trying to keep the price pumped to preserve their cargo cult world of make-believe.

Cointelegraph has no credibility, as they are in league with (or are) the Bytecoin scammers.  Funny how they report on every anon coin except Monero.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:41:29 AM

1. At least one person understood what I wrote, so I think the fault lies in your cognitive dissonance when it comes to the reality of Dash's instamine and the BS that is Evan. Accident, please. He's either a fool or a liar. And Otoh is either a fool or practicing greater fool strategy. So yes, I don't take either at their word. I think I made that point clear.

2. I'm not going to try and discern how much Evan personally mined; all I need to know is that he was misleading others as to the launch time, was mining before anyone else had a chance--500,000 coins were mined in the first hour (check that), was offering to buy more coins, cut the distribution to benefit him and the early instaminers, changed the name twice to most likely escape the taint of his instamine, loaded a bunch of algos onto one coin which any cryptographer worth a damn will tell you is piss-poor design and created a shabby way to mix coins that just so happens to reign in more profits for those holding the most coins, which unless you are going to naively niggle over what is 100% verifiable, is most likely him and a few instaminers. You can play dumb with your money. I won't.

In short,  Buyer beware.

1. I think I know what you want to believe and imply, that is pretty clear to me. But the reasoning you decided to base that on this time didn't make sense as both of the premises for it were false afaik. i.e. how can Otoh know 2 million were mined by Evan and InternetApe in the first 8 hours as you claimed when only 1.5 total were mined in that time and there were more miners than just Evan and InternetApe, and I haven't seen him claiming the launch was "fair".

2. Well you have already made claims discerning a lot of stuff when it suits you like "majority of masternodes are held by those very instaminers" and saying Evan is a scammer instaminer so now all of a sudden not caring how much Evan mined seems a bit odd to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: