Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:24:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quote of the Century  (Read 1493 times)
Zarathustra (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:36:00 AM

P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:55:43 AM

What is this, reddit?
uxgpf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:10:58 AM

Peter Rs presentation was very good, but I think that pun about blockstream is completely unnecessary. There's enough bad blood so no need to add more fire to the flames.
Zarathustra (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:51:27 AM

Peter Rs presentation was very good, but I think that pun about blockstream is completely unnecessary. There's enough bad blood so no need to add more fire to the flames.

Yes, very good presentation. The quote of the century needs to be spread as much as possible. Otherwise the presentation doesn't get the attention it deserves. That's why some people already spread it on other social medias.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22in+the+end+i+believe+production+quota+will+fail%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=%22in+the+end+i+believe+the+production+quota+would+fail%22
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:11:16 AM

Bitcoin is as strong as it's user count and monetary status of said ones. At this point that strength is lower than the "interest groups" you're talking about,
so i wouldn't be too optimistic. Atleast not for now that is.

cheers
foreveryoung

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:39:43 AM

what happen with bitcoin in 10 years later??
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:48:20 AM

Bitcoin is as strong as it's user count and monetary status of said ones. At this point that strength is lower than the "interest groups" you're talking about,

cheers

If BTC goes places then the current crop of overlords will look impossibly quaint and will be rapidly forgotten. It's kind of embarrassing that a supposedly world beating phenomenon is being squabbled over like WoW raid gone wrong. I'm looking to the day where they're an irrelevance.
SubversiveTech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:13:44 PM

It's kind of embarrassing that a supposedly world beating phenomenon is being squabbled over like WoW raid gone wrong. I'm looking to the day where they're an irrelevance.

You mean to say they're actually relevant now?   Huh

The idea that Bitcoin will cause a global economic collapse or that it will seize the power from the mostly unnamed "corrupt elites" is laughable.

A digital currency won't seize the means of production. It has zero chance of changing military hierarchies. A digital currency by itself is incapable of "totally changing the world."

Any advance of cryptocurrencies to seize large %'s of global markets will require old money to get on-board.... more or less rendering the anti-establishment rhetoric impotent.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:17:13 PM

cheers

Only time and mass adoption will tell if these dams will break. Bitcoin has way to go.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:20:09 PM

Have fun trying to keep bitcoin decentralized with a blocksize big enough to keep all transactions, no matter what, on chain and with micro fees. This is unfortunately a pipe dream. Bitcoin or any other technology unfortunately deliver this so we are stuck with solutions like blockstream + "let a fee market develop" approach. So until someone comes up with a better idea just deal with it. It's better than centralized nodes.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:12:34 PM

where can i watch the video replay

Peter R
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:57:47 PM

It was on youtube but it was later removed (along with the other talks for that session).  The videos for all the other sessions have now been posted so this is the only missing session.    

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:03:45 PM

It was on youtube but it was later removed (along with the other talks for that session).  The videos for all the other sessions have now been posted so this is the only missing session.    

Was there any talk about the BIPs, especially BIP 105 & BIP 106 in the whole session ?

Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:11:16 PM

Was there any talk about the BIPs, especially BIP 105 & BIP 106 in the whole session ?

This conference was aimed at presenting research related to scaling bitcoin in order to "set the scene" for future proposals.  The Hong Kong conference is intended to discuss concrete proposals like BIP105, etc.  So, no proposals were presented during PowerPoint talks, or discussed at round tables.  

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:39:41 PM

Great presentation.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:16:56 AM

why?

Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:48:48 AM

why?

I'm not sure. Some are saying that it was censored; others are saying that there were technical difficulties. What is strange though is that people from the conference said to me personally that it was posted for a while before it was removed.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:58:27 AM

sounds potentially fishy. let's keep an eye on the situation.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 04:45:49 AM

"What is needed is an electronic payment system based on cryptographic proof instead of trust"   -Satoshi

P.S. Also, Sprach...

Zarathustra (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:58:32 AM

sounds potentially fishy. let's keep an eye on the situation.

"Every post the mods censor, every user they ban, just for disagreeing with the approved perspective, makes us even stronger." (statoshi)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: