Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: What about TC?  (Read 1553 times)
BurgerKill (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:34:33 PM

QS has been under fire for escrowing for a secret alt, but no one has really been pointing TC out for doing the same thing for his alt. In fact, TC even added positive trust to his alt while QS didn't.

I have had a strong impression that both escrowing for yourself and adding positive feedback for your alts are both extremely frowned upon; the latter especially because TC is on DT.

So what's up? Why isn't TC being pointed out? I didn't read through every single page of the 31-paged thread, so forgive me if the answer is somewhere there.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3066

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 01:38:59 PM

QS has been under fire for escrowing for a secret alt, but no one has really been pointing TC out for doing the same thing for his alt. In fact, TC even added positive trust to his alt while QS didn't.

I have had a strong impression that both escrowing for yourself and adding positive feedback for your alts are both extremely frowned upon; the latter especially because TC is on DT.

So what's up? Why isn't TC being pointed out? I didn't read through every single page of the 31-paged thread, so forgive me if the answer is somewhere there.

TC admitted to doing it once for his roommate, who was in the other room.

Plausible and believable explanation, and he certainly didn't try to hide the fact, like Quickscammer did.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:41:03 PM

The OP was intended to be for QS.
The TC apeared later. You can see that he also receive negative trust.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=37522
BurgerKill (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:47:04 PM

The OP was intended to be for QS.
The TC apeared later. You can see that he also receive negative trust.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=37522
But you can see that QS has -4, while TC has -1; QS was removed from DT, while TC is still there; and overall, I haven't seen a single thread about TC. So I decided to create one.

Plausible and believable explanation, and he certainly didn't try to hide the fact, like Quickscammer did.
I won't comment on this because I have mixed feelings about this explanation. I will let other users voice their opinions before taking a stance.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 01:49:13 PM

I think the Tomato thing was a 1-time deal and he admitted it right away.
Brad Harrison

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:52:34 PM

Lol for his roommate, do you really fucking believe that? TC seems to be treated like god around here

Vod are you an alt of TC?

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 01:55:21 PM

Lol for his roommate, do you really fucking believe that? TC seems to be treated like god around here

Nope.  Proud to say I have no alts.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:10:55 PM

lol what was the point of escrow if the other party was in the other room, other than to fake trust in a way and decieve ?
those who negged qs and did not do the same for tc are a bit on a double standards it seams
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:00:15 PM

I think it is because he actually admitted it, both when he was caught and when it came up during the discussion about QS. However, unlike QS, he did not attempt to cover it up and did not try to continue to argue against it and just accepted that he was caught. It also seems like that was a one-time thing whereas it seems like QS was doing it repeatedly.

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:34:39 PM

I am just aware of Quickseller and his current allegations against him. Not aware of the discussion over TC,but I am also not neg repping either one of them,although I think QS has some serious flaws in how he goes about business.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:12:24 PM

The reason is that TC admit to it while QS dint. Don't know if TC did tell the other party that he was the escrow and the buyer/seller but he did mention about it while QS kept lying, abusing, faking a ban, calling out other DT members and taking money from TF (which is more than a shady thing to do).

The two did wrong by self escrowing but QS has been having a shady reputation since the time he has joined the forum. Selling accounts, Selling DT account, putting false allegations on anyone who criticizes him (calling 95% people scammers), having a "I"M THE BEST or I"M GOD" kinda attitude, appearing greedy, abusing people and now self escrowing and faking a ban is the worst of all.

Both TC and QS aren't scammers but TC has been an old member of the forum while QS has been always involved in controversies and been accused of negating anyone without a solid proof. Not to forget his joining date and him trying to go overboard to catch scammers (makes him look too good when he isn't). TC's ratings have mostly been accurate and I've rarely seen threads that accuse him of negating them without any solid proof.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:16:00 PM

The reason is that TC admit to it while QS dint. Don't know if TC did tell the other party that he was the escrow and the buyer/seller but he did mention about it while QS kept lying, abusing, faking a ban, calling out other DT members and taking money from TF (which is more than a shady thing to do).

The two did wrong by self escrowing but QS has been having a shady reputation since the time he has joined the forum. Selling accounts, Selling DT account, putting false allegations on anyone who criticizes him (calling 95% people scammers), having a "I"M THE BEST or I"M GOD" kinda attitude, appearing greedy, abusing people and now self escrowing and faking a ban is the worst of all.

Both TC and QS aren't scammers but TC has been an old member of the forum while QS has been always involved in controversies and been accused of negating anyone without a solid proof. Not to forget his joining date and him trying to go overboard to catch scammers (makes him look too good when he isn't). TC's ratings have mostly been accurate and I've rarely seen threads that accuse him of negating them without any solid proof.

Yeah of course, Tomatocage is more mature and honest compared to Quickseller. Now I don't know if QS will stay active under his 'main' account or will use another alt.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:18:26 PM

Now I don't know if QS will stay active under his 'main' account or will use another alt.

If QS and TF are indeed two separate people, seeing QS's reputation, he would be foolish to not just abandon the account and take the 20btc.   Undecided

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:24:23 PM

Yeah of course, Tomatocage is more mature and honest compared to Quickseller. Now I don't know if QS will stay active under his 'main' account or will use another alt.

QS isn't his original account nor his first one. Going by the way he has been selling accounts from the time he was a part of this forum makes me believe he has been stalking this place and he has learnt a lot about the rules, ways to get on the DT, getting in good books of people out here, not getting banned inspite of having SO MANY ALTS and earning a reputation. He seems much more knowledgeable than we THINK he is.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:37:39 PM

I think it is because he actually admitted it, both when he was caught and when it came up during the discussion about QS. However, unlike QS, he did not attempt to cover it up and did not try to continue to argue against it and just accepted that he was caught. It also seems like that was a one-time thing whereas it seems like QS was doing it repeatedly.
He gave an half admission to self-escrowing, when the reaction by someone was negative he backtracked, when he was called out on the obvious lie he admitted to self escrowing, then backtracked again. This was when the overall sentiment of escrowing for oneself was extremely negative.

When I was denying escrowing for myself the overall sentiment of this practice was that it was no big deal.....

How is this not the opposite to what you said
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:52:54 PM

Yes, what about me? I'm not sure how many times I have to say it, but extraKrispy is a totally separate person. He did live with me at one point though, so I escrowed for him because it was convenient and the fastest option. Since he was literally about 15 feet away, there was little chance of me running off with his coins. All the deals that I escrowed for him were done with the same procedures that I'd do for any other deal (although I may have waived an escrow fee or two), so it was no different than if I he were 1500 miles away. We never conspired to pass on an extra escrow fee to the 3rd party or anything like that. Ask BadBear or Theymos about our IPs. They should be the same for the most part. I mean if he were my alt, wouldn't I have at least tried to hide it with a proxy?

My situation is kind of hard to prove from either side of the argument, so I can understand the skepticism. However, I think a lot of people are making a bigger deal about it than it really is. I'm more interested in looking out for actual scammers.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 06:28:59 PM

TC, the only person blaming you is Quickscammer.  The community supports you.  (95% anyway lol)

Bill Gates

Activity: 95
Merit: 9

Devil's Advocate

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:47:32 PM

Nopes. Vod is not TC's alt. But, Vod is on DT because of TC. HostFat has already untrusted Vod. Now, dooglus & TC are Vod's DT sponsor. If TC gets out of DT, Vod will lose his level 2 power. Hence, Vod wants TC in DT.

I dont know, how a member caught cheating can be on DT 1 because of admitting the cheating. So, if TF admits that he stole the coins, he will be re-added in DT ?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 06:49:15 PM

Nopes. Vod is not TC's alt. But, Vod is on DT because of TC. HotFat has already untrusted Vod. Now, dooglus & TC are Vod's DT sponsor. If TC gets out of DT, Vod will lose his level 2 power. Hence, Vod wants TC in DT.

All facts.  Why the anon account?

BurgerKill (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:52:58 PM

Yes, what about me? I'm not sure how many times I have to say it, but extraKrispy is a totally separate person. He did live with me at one point though, so I escrowed for him because it was convenient and the fastest option. Since he was literally about 15 feet away, there was little chance of me running off with his coins. All the deals that I escrowed for him were done with the same procedures that I'd do for any other deal (although I may have waived an escrow fee or two), so it was no different than if I he were 1500 miles away. We never conspired to pass on an extra escrow fee to the 3rd party or anything like that. Ask BadBear or Theymos about our IPs. They should be the same for the most part. I mean if he were my alt, wouldn't I have at least tried to hide it with a proxy?

My situation is kind of hard to prove from either side of the argument, so I can understand the skepticism. However, I think a lot of people are making a bigger deal about it than it really is. I'm more interested in looking out for actual scammers.
Okay.

Firstly, I'd like to note that I'm only taking this stance because I want to learn more about this situation. Not because I'm opposing anyone. But I'd like to know why you posted via extraKrispy's account, and not yours. Did he ask for you to do so?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: