Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:33:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Kids Keep Asking: Bitcoin, Are We There Yet?  (Read 1646 times)
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:17:04 PM

News URL : https://www.bitcoin.com/news/kids-keep-asking-bitcoin-yet/

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:36:55 PM

Pull over Bitcoin! I have to peeeeeee.
MasterYii

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:32:17 AM

Kids are always curious for things, keep asking questions and stuffs and for them to be curious about biticoins then an adult must explain it to them in the most simplest way they can.
bimasena25

Activity: 187

https://bitcointester.com/

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 07:58:46 PM

we as adults must give best simple description about bitcoin, as money without physically thing

Bitcoin Tester

*Image Removed*
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:34:55 PM

Are We There Yet?

you know, it pains me to say. but a lot of the pro-XT camp came off this way. all this rhetoric about "what if bitcoin is adopted by a billion people 12 hours from now?" it really comes off like kids screaming "moon"....infrastructure and coding developments, progress on the block size debate---these are positive things. they continue to happen. that =/= real organic adoption, and we don't know what that looks like or how it will play out/over what time period.

Miss Fortune

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:05:02 AM

Maybe they think it is some kind of a new video game or a new cartoon show.
MasterYii

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 05:34:06 AM

Those kiddos ask a lot pretty smart ass kids, we are getting there I hope that they can comprehend more about this in the future.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:49:43 AM

Guys I won't quote some the previous posts of this thread. But are you for real? Did you guys even read opening post?
It has nothing to do with the kids as young humans but this article title is rather metaphorical.
Author shows slight optimism that we as bitcoin community are growing and will reach higher price someday.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:32:59 PM

Guys I won't quote some the previous posts of this thread. But are you for real? Did you guys even read opening post?
It has nothing to do with the kids as young humans but this article title is rather metaphorical.
Author shows slight optimism that we as bitcoin community are growing and will reach higher price someday.

I wasn't mistaken when I said the Bitcoin ecosystem is really full of kids that want to be rich by yesterday rather than tomorrow !!

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
NoRespect

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 04:27:56 PM

I wasn't mistaken when I said the Bitcoin ecosystem is really full of kids that want to be rich by yesterday rather than tomorrow !!

the child was only too plain
better if children already know bitcoin right?
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:08:58 PM

Rome wasn't built in one day. We are getting there slowly. Every day is an step forward, just look at the Bitcoin reddit for constant inflow of good an interesting news. What childs in the future will ask to parents that didn't invest in Bitcoin when they look at other childs whose parents became rich off Bitcoin: "Dad, didn't you see the necessity of Bitcoin?"
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:20:12 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2015, 07:45:37 PM by PolarPoint

"We are getting there, honey. We told you it was a decade's drive, we didn't force to hop on. If you can't wait, here are some fiat, take a bus home."  Cheesy

Bitcoin is accepted by some of the largest corporations, we can buy a lot more things with bitcoin than a few years ago, we have many more exchanges and some of them are licensed. I would say we have come a long way.
bButtercup

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:28:20 PM

What childs in the future will ask to parents that didn't invest in Bitcoin when they look at other childs whose parents became rich off Bitcoin: "Dad, didn't you see the necessity of Bitcoin?"

my dad spent all my college money on bit coins when bit coins was like $1200 then when he went to sell his bit coins he was hacked and robed and his iphone also stolen so mom divorced him and i dont kno where hes at
now im iliterate and work at mcdonald and have 2 sell my vagoo sometime
im 19 and pregnent and would rather my baby smoke crack and shoot drugs than ruin life with bit coin which is worse
thanks 4 deestroing my life bit coin Sad
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:33:15 PM

LOL...the child was too plain, if he knows what the meaning of bitcoin ? Cheesy
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:35:29 PM

What childs in the future will ask to parents that didn't invest in Bitcoin when they look at other childs whose parents became rich off Bitcoin: "Dad, didn't you see the necessity of Bitcoin?"

my dad spent all my college money on bit coins when bit coins was like $1200 then when he went to sell his bit coins he was hacked and robed and his iphone also stolen so mom divorced him and i dont kno where hes at
im 19 and pregnent and would rather my baby smoke crack and shoot drugs than ruin life with bit coin which is worse

Tsk. Everyone knows if you're going to bet your kid's college fund - bet on Germany to win the World Cup.

This space intentionally left blank.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:03:41 PM

Lesson:  Don't get a stupid dad.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES