Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:39:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not invest instead of cloudmining??  (Read 4513 times)
pjsonowal (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:29:29 PM

I want some views of bitcointalk guys here towards the quesrion why not invest instead of cloudmining??,

YouDEFEND it or REFUTE it..Huh

Post your views with DEFEND OR REFUTE and then <msg>

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:33:03 PM

I want some views of bitcointalk guys here towards the quesrion why not invest instead of cloudmining??,

I refute both!

Majority of cloudmining websites are scams anyway. The 1 or 2 that are not scams will not bring you any ROI. Cloudmining is the stupidest thing that I have heard about, but greed takes over in people so they invest in anything.

Then we come to investing. Where to invest when 95% of all investment opportunities are scams as well. You end up risking insanely for not so much of the ROI. You are better off leaving your coins in the cold storage!

Cheers!
pjsonowal (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:39:21 PM

I refute both!

Majority of cloudmining websites are scams anyway. The 1 or 2 that are not scams will not bring you any ROI. Cloudmining is the stupidest thing that I have heard about, but greed takes over in people so they invest in anything.

Then we come to investing. Where to invest when 95% of all investment opportunities are scams as well. You end up risking insanely for not so much of the ROI. You are better off leaving your coins in the cold storage!

Cheers!

Thanxx for posting your vieww... It really helped me a lot.... I think your points are verykmuch worthy

Smiley.

Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:44:08 PM

Isn't cloudmining also simple an investment? You put in X coins and expect a return on it.

As for investment in general, ask yourself the question, how much €/$ have you invested in your life and how much profit you made. Then compare it with bitcoin. Depends where you invest, but with the mistrust of "anonymous" bitcoin it is hard to find something legit and profitable.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:47:20 PM

I refute both!

Cheers!

You are aware of Hashnest? S7 GH/s will be available on Hashnest within a month.

pjsonowal (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:55:31 PM

So guys which is the most secure option..... INVESTMENT OR CLOUDMINING.....Huh

PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:57:53 PM

It's stating the obvious. Investing is better than clouding mining because most cloud mining are scams. The question where to invest? There are no bitcoin investments with formal agreements. So you are sending strangers money and hope they pay you back.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:02:42 PM

So guys which is the most secure option..... INVESTMENT OR CLOUDMINING.....Huh

Invest in what? Put up a list and you will get some opinions. Many cloudmining operations are either scams or overpriced. Hashnest is neither. I have found key to using Hashnest properly is to wait until hash prices are in an established uptrend then buy. Hold for a few months then sell hash at a profit meantime also getting daily mining income. If you believe bitcoin price will be $500 one or two years from now nothing at all wrong with just buying and holding bitcoin.

mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:13:08 PM

Because most cloud mining websites are ponzi schemes that will run away with your money.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:34:44 PM

Most cloud mining operations are a scam, so If I had to choose between investing and cloud mining I would choose investing.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:46:48 PM

I've never tried cloudmining, but i can honestly say i don't think its worth it. there are so many posts(mainly on reddit), where people invest in cloud mining and don't get anything back. although there's similar ponzi sites for investing, they are extremely obvious. if you want to try investing, try sending out loans on BCT, or btcjam or bitbond.
Btcforall

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:50:43 PM

I refute both!

Cheers!
Good point

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 07:52:18 PM

I refute both!

This.

Think about it.  Companies exist for profits, can't survive without profits, and rarely do anything that doesn't help their bottom line, let alone base their business model around it.

So why would they essentially pay people money to have an account?  If the mining is profitable, they would be doing themselves instead of splitting the money with the customer when the only thing the customer brings to the table is capital.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:40:30 PM

I refute both!

This.

Think about it.  Companies exist for profits, can't survive without profits, and rarely do anything that doesn't help their bottom line, let alone base their business model around it.

So why would they essentially pay people money to have an account?  If the mining is profitable, they would be doing themselves instead of splitting the money with the customer when the only thing the customer brings to the table is capital.

The idea is that they can't purchase the hardware without the investment of their costumors. If they had the money to buy the equipment, they wouldn't rent out the hash Wink
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:41:45 PM

I refute both!

Cheers!

You are aware of Hashnest? S7 GH/s will be available on Hashnest within a month.

I am aware of them. I have never used them since I don't believe at all into cloudmining. But for this 1 legit company, you will 10 more scammers. That's the problem, there are just few legit companies in the sea of those others, that are there just to screw people up.

And if you get people to sign up for a legit one like hashnest, cloudmining isn't just about subscribing, buying contracts and making money. You need to know when to buy, you need to follow up difficulty, hashrates, price and make decisions according to these parameters. New people don't know how to do this efficiently so very often they just end up losing money.
GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:45:24 PM

I refute both!

This.

The idea is that they can't purchase the hardware without the investment of their costumors. If they had the money to buy the equipment, they wouldn't rent out the hash Wink
Exactly. Otherwise the same question can be asked about ASIC manufacturers. Why do they sell ASIC, if mining with that ASIC is profitable ?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:05:22 PM

I refute both!

This.

Exactly. Otherwise the same question can be asked about ASIC manufacturers. Why do they sell ASIC, if mining with that ASIC is profitable ?

I think that retail ASIC selling is nearly in the same boat for that reason. 
A lot of people lost money on mining gear and fell behind the difficulty curve. 
By the time they got the equipment, it was too weak.

But at least with ASICS, the end user has to supply electricity, storage,
possibly cooling, hardware maintenance, and software maintenance.
And possibly some of these things are easier to do on a smaller scale.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 09:21:46 PM

There have been a couple of BTC investments that have paid off handsomely. That's a couple in a sea of hundreds or thousands that have taken your coins and failed. As for cloud mining, that's almost as bad.

Fuck both.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:02:55 PM

When ASICminer went down it officially closed the book on both cloud mining AND investing. They were one of the only trustworthy and profitable btc companies and when they ran off with their investors money there was no longer "the one" to point at when folks inquired if anything in this sphere was not %100 scammy poo poo
Btcforall

Activity: 124

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 11:17:55 PM

I refute both!

This.

But they also pay interest plus profit how do they get so much return?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: