Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:42:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Straight & Parlay  (Read 697 times)
zeraTunerse (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:07:49 PM

Dont Just give out the definitions , what parley or straight is, i know them , just wanna know Which is better when you are a Pro Gambler.
I have seen people sticking to Parley much than straight , Just explain me why you prefer Parley/Straight on the other.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:21:45 PM

Parlay gives you a small chance at some huge winning, while straight is for when you're relatively sure and want to win.
I'd say, entering a Parlay is more similar to gambling on a game with a big jackpot. Low odds of winning, high multiplier. Hard to skillfully win too.

However, with a straight game, if you have a good idea of who is going to win, you can almost definitely get profit. I'd guess a parlay introduces more variance, as I've seen most people running pick threads telling people to only play straight.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:36:08 PM

Parlay is tooooooo difficult to win cause if you pick many matches, there could be something unexpected, you should know that, and even we can lose money on straight, how can we earn easily on parlay?

Once I bet big on parlay in US Open first round, all of those 7 matches should be easy matches, but I lost 3 of 7, damn those are unexpected, so if we wanna win big, we should bet a little and accumulate many wins to big wins, it is still not easy.

I prefer straight cause you can win big in one straight bet, like I bet 7.1 btc @2.38 odds on marin cilic VS tsonga in US Open, and I got 17.1 btc on one bet, but you can't win big from parlay cause betting a lot in parlay bet is tooooo risky, like I said I bet 5btc in US Open first round, and I lost 5 btc which I thought that should be very easy money.  Cheesy
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:47:08 PM

I use to bet Parlay, But my bets are with chance to fall in one game- For example 2/3, 3/4 and even 4/5
I like this method because most of the time I have one fall, and it still gives me nice profit.
Also in this method I use to put backup bets after 2-3 games are finished and only 1 game left.
You can follow my thread, Im trying to use there mt method with nice results
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:09:36 PM

Parlay is tooooooo difficult to win cause if you pick many matches, there could be something unexpected, you should know that, and even we can lose money on straight, how can we earn easily on parlay?

Once I bet big on parlay in US Open first round, all of those 7 matches should be easy matches, but I lost 3 of 7, damn those are unexpected, so if we wanna win big, we should bet a little and accumulate many wins to big wins, it is still not easy.

I prefer straight cause you can win big in one straight bet, like I bet 7.1 btc @2.38 odds on marin cilic VS tsonga in US Open, and I got 17.1 btc on one bet, but you can't win big from parlay cause betting a lot in parlay bet is tooooo risky, like I said I bet 5btc in US Open first round, and I lost 5 btc which I thought that should be very easy money.  Cheesy

The point of Parlay isn't to earn "easy money". The idea is that you do your research on games for the entire day, and look for the mismatches. You shouldn't expect to win any time, or even most of the time, but if you just win every now and then you will earn huge profits. With just a small bet you can earn 1 Bitcoin or even more, and if you look at it this way, you risk just a small amount of money for a huge reward.
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:29:15 AM

I make parlay bets every now and then, just for fun, you don't lose too much money if you lose the parlay but if you happen to get lucky you can win a lot of money with very little investment, I did won a 8 match parlay once and earned a good amount of money. But it's not easy so I don't know if all Pro Gamblers go for Parlays, but there are some matches where you almost know the outcome, a big team/player playing against a small one and the odds for the favorite one are generally almost non-existent, so what you can do is find a bunch of matches that fall in this category and parlay them together and you can get decent odds.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:13:04 AM

Parlay is just for guarantee match so you can stack it up to win good amount of money, for straight this is 50 50 percentage of winning so sometimes you will win sometimes you lose, but mostly people doing this straight game because it is easier and it is easily to win (higher odds)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: