Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:42:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin price is blowing up!  (Read 9521 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:50:09 AM

How did I get owned given the price spiked to 0.001 on low volume? As I said people aren't stupid enough to put their bitcoins into PPC as shady as it is.

Oh right...at least 3 other miners. Wow okay so we have instead of 1 person with a huge lot of PPC we have...at least 4 people? Wow great ...so much better decentralization of PPC.

"less than 50% of PPC total is needed to manipulate the network" - Sunnyking

Need I say more?

Edit: What's to stop a collusion of the large stacks of PPC that mined early from manipulating the network that has an incomplete whitepaper and forumla/analysis?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:51:18 AM

Let's count how many shady things have happen to date surrounding PPC and Sunny Drags...

1. PPC released with an incomplete white paper that comes along after launch.
2. Huge amounts of PPC mined (30%+ mined in 5 days total (to-date) supply))
3. Sunny's trolls like AndyRossy and Server etc come out to defend Sunny as soon as he is caught in a tight spot claiming $100-$200k development time has gone into PPC to date and that Bitcoin's development is only about $500k worth.
4. PPC bitparking exchange price spikes to 0.001btc then back to 0.0001btc and AndyRossy claims that isn't a pump and dump (at all).
5. Mr. Sunny Drag Queen admits he doesn't even have a formula or mathematical analysis of how PPC should work.
6. Difficulty on the block explorer shows erratic jumps in difficulty from like 1.18 to 10,000 every few blocks. No real pattern here it seems. Reminds me of "trust nodes" that get to mine every other block etc.
7. Sunny also admits that much less than 50% of total PPC is needed to manipulate the network (what number? he doesn't even know).

Oh another subject change, yes LTC is a pump and dump..... oh wait, no, PPC is, oh wait, sunny king has lots of coin, oh wait.... maybe ppc is just.

Last answer / reply for you in here, you're wasting my time.

1) You've not even read the white paper, I doubt you even understand it.
2) Correct, and, as you point out, this diminishes over time, the total PPC's out there is over 10m now.
3) 100-200k is fair; and as to the above point, im happy to reward the lead dev for doing a good job.  He doesnt have "over 30%+", but im sure he has, and he should, hold some of the currency.  It's a working incentive.
4) This has been answered before, like LTC in early days, it's price stability, you've not addressed the flat line since, over the last month. LTC charts shows its a cycle of pump/dump, nothing more. Some people like this.
5) This is inaccurate, and ties to your point 7.  
6) See point 1, this made me laugh btw.
7) Maybe you can solve / map this, it's not a trivial problem.

Andy

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 09:56:27 AM

Let's count how many shady things have happen to date surrounding PPC and Sunny Drags...

3. Sunny's trolls like AndyRossy and Server etc come out to defend Sunny as soon as he is caught in a tight spot claiming $100-$200k development time has gone into PPC to date and that Bitcoin's development is only about $500k worth.
4. PPC bitparking exchange price spikes to 0.001btc then back to 0.0001btc and AndyRossy claims that isn't a pump and dump (at all).
5. Mr. Sunny Drag Queen admits he doesn't even have a formula or mathematical analysis of how PPC should work.
6. Difficulty on the block explorer shows erratic jumps in difficulty from like 1.18 to 10,000 every few blocks. No real pattern here it seems. Reminds me of "trust nodes" that get to mine every other block etc.
7. Sunny also admits that much less than 50% of total PPC is needed to manipulate the network (what number? he doesn't even know).

Oh another subject change, yes LTC is a pump and dump..... oh wait, no, PPC is, oh wait, sunny king has lots of coin, oh wait.... maybe ppc is just.

2) Correct, and, as you point out, this diminishes over time, the total PPC's out there is over 10m now.
3) 100-200k is fair; and as to the above point, im happy to reward the lead dev for doing a good job.  He doesnt have "over 30%+", but im sure he has, and he should, hold some of the currency.  It's a working incentive.
4) This has been answered before, like LTC in early days, it's price stability, you've not addressed the flat line since, over the last month. LTC charts shows its a cycle of pump/dump, nothing more. Some people like this.

Andy

I'm curious, does Sunny Drag Queen pay you by the hour or by the minute to try to detract from the shadiness that surrounds PPC?

oh and 100k-200k is hardly fair worth for PPC when it has an incomplete whitepaper AND has also an incomplete analysis/formula of how it supposed to work. LOL this made me laugh and will continue to do so for some time.

Cheesy

I like how you did not address the centralization of PPC by a few...and how that IS a huge problem. Oh right because it isnt a huge problem because you are one of the big holders...oh right...sorry nevermind lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 10:05:30 AM

Andy

So again please explain to me how point 5 is inaccurate... lol
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin

You are right I don't have a math analysis of how much coins are needed to attempt control of block chain. First it's more difficult than Satoshi's design, secondly I think there maybe other practical attacking vectors that I have missed so putting a math formula there as the final say on security is a bit misleading as well. So no I don't think I am ready to do this type of analysis. I think I have mentioned this before.

I did not claim that you need 50% coins to control ppcoin block chain. Much less of that would be enough.

It may not match your expectations but I did what I can to contribute, rather than sitting there and accusing other people being lazy and greedy while they are the ones doing the real work. How convenient.

If you are so helpful then why don't you polish your analysis and continue discussion on the security properties? Instead you would just launch your personal crusade to attack me and ppcoin project. If you worried so much about investors then why I haven't seen one pm from you describing the vulnerability of ppcoin and discuss with me ways of fixing it? I have received quite a number of pms but none are from the detractors as their main goal is to discredit ppcoin in public.

However given all that I have endured from you, you are still welcome to pm me if you truly wish to discuss about security analysis of ppcoin. Otherwise we would just have to part our ways.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 10:38:59 AM

Good advice for you and others, particularly newcomers here is that there are certain personalities that are just more efficient to just ignore... to the newcomers to this board, the shade of urine, right up to full blown kidney stone blood in the urine color highlighting their "ignore" link is a great indicator.

Just sayin'...

**Holds no PPC, does not plan to deal with it yet, just watching and waiting to see how it develops for the time being.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 10:42:58 AM

Good advice for you and others, particularly newcomers here is that there are certain personalities that are just more efficient to just ignore... to the newcomers to this board, the shade of urine, right up to full blown kidney stone blood in the urine color highlighting their "ignore" link is a great indicator.

Just sayin'...

**Holds no PPC, does not plan to deal with it yet, just watching and waiting to see how it develops for the time being.

Thanks for your input Mr. Created my account on October 6th, 2012 and thinks I have much input and not enough to read to get caught up to have a meaningful discussion.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 03:59:52 PM

it seams like its too early for ltc to rise, price came falling like a rock today.

what do u think will it ever even have a chance against btc.

cheers
AndyRossy

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 04:26:44 PM

it seams like its too early for ltc to rise, price came falling like a rock today.

cheers

Yep, it's round one of the dump

This whole thread, title included, was just to set up a dump, everyone knows this. LTC is a cycle of pump/dump regularly.  It's a bit like a ponzi come pyramid if you think of the mechanics/who profits. It'll drop a lot more too also for other reasons, esp as some miners jumped on as soon as difficulty went up, basically to maximize the money they can generate before it readjusts again, they'll be selling off as soon as they're mine - they're not in it to "hold the currency".

Img

Edit. Also, lol at the volume spike.
BitBlitz

Activity: 285

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 05:54:41 PM

As much as I'd like to see LTC be successful, how will the value hold up if tons of GPU miners start mining it, drive the difficulty up, just to sell it?  If it doesn't serve a purpose other than than converting it right away, it will not remain profitable against what it is converted to for long.

The quantity of LTC created is still the same as before. The number of miners doesn't change anything about the supply. And if it's not profitable anymore, the miners with the higher cost will drop, reducing the difficulty and making mining more profitable for those who stay.

I was there when the same scenario happened with Bitcoin last year after the bubble. The same questions arised. What happened is that after the big boom of 30$ where tons of miners came to mine, miners dropped slowly but constantly as the price dropped down to 2$. The only miners still mining on November were people like me who have low electricity cost. We were not making a lot of money, but we were making a ton of Bitcoin that compensated for the lack of value of Bitcoin.

The value is relative and is not that important for the survival of Litecoin. What is important is how many different people move Litecoin. The more there is people, the better it is for the currency. More miners means a better diversification of Litecoin, and that's always a good thing.
I think you missed my point.  This has nothing to do with miners reaching equilibrium with difficulty and earnings.  My point is that the price of LTC won't go anywhere if it serves no purpose other than converting into another currency.

The contrast with Bitcoin was that there were investors, markets where you could spend them, hoarders, and value other than exchanging for cash.  If Bitcoin was only being sold into cash last year, it would be dead today.. 

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
Brunic (OP)

Activity: 632

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:24:04 PM

Hey guys,

This topic is about Litecoin. I don't give a f**k about PPcoin. There is other topic for that, discuss that matter elsewhere.

I think you missed my point.  This has nothing to do with miners reaching equilibrium with difficulty and earnings.  My point is that the price of LTC won't go anywhere if it serves no purpose other than converting into another currency.

The contrast with Bitcoin was that there were investors, markets where you could spend them, hoarders, and value other than exchanging for cash.  If Bitcoin was only being sold into cash last year, it would be dead today.. 

Well, first, the price of Litecoin is between 6 and 9 cents. Last time Bitcoin was at that price, there was not a lot of investors or markets either. I know I'm acting like a little girl with my topic, but I'm realist enough to see that Litecoin is still valued very low. Currently, the value of Litecoin is around 0.007% of the price of Bitcoin. We can consider the market of Litecoin is also around 0.007% of what Bitcoin is.

I know the market needs to be build, but it takes time. There's interesting opportunities for having two legit blockchains. I already have a couple of ideas of projects that could be done using two blockchains. As an alt-currency, in one year, Litecoin has already made a lot of accomplishments when you compare to other alt-currency.

What you said has been said many times of Bitcoin since I've been around. Bitcoin is still here because people found things to do with it. I'm confident it will be the same thing for Litecoin.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:45:08 PM

cheers

This whole thread, title included, was just to set up a dump, everyone knows this. LTC is a cycle of pump/dump regularly.  It's a bit like a ponzi come pyramid if you think of the mechanics/who profits. It'll drop a lot more too also for other reasons, esp as some miners jumped on as soon as difficulty went up, basically to maximize the money they can generate before it readjusts again, they'll be selling off as soon as they're mine - they're not in it to "hold the currency".

Img

LOL I love how your dump theory only applies to litecoin when PPC had a spike in price where someone took a dump too....oh wait...low volume so it dont count....ooooh lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 07:31:37 PM

What I'm seeing right now is a huge wall up at .00799 on btc-e.com.  Looks like one person has about 52,000 LTC sitting there, and every time the price runs up it drops back down again, simply because it can't break through that wall.

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
AndyRossy

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:52:45 AM

cheers

Img

When's the next pump/dump cycle starting?

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:59:39 AM

When asics, but it will be all pump and no dump Smiley

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
AndyRossy

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 10:13:38 AM

Or, people with GPU's will sell them an upgrade to ASIC's, if ASICS happen / anytime soon.

People assume that ASICs->GPU'ers all move to LTC->LTC price goes up. Yet to believe this is the accurate route of how things will pan out, if ASICS are released (afaik first ASIC should be out by now.)
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 10:16:56 AM

Right and....

Rainbows, pretty colors, marshmallow clouds, Unicorns, and money growing on trees. World peace and price can only go....

Quote (Bruce Fagner): "up up up"

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 10:43:51 AM

Right and....

Rainbows, pretty colors, marshmallow clouds, Unicorns, and money growing on trees. World peace and price can only go....

Quote (Bruce Fagner): "up up up"

lol, calm down buddy. basic economics:)

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 11:16:30 AM

I would use "If" instead of "When"...
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 11:27:12 AM

I would use "If" instead of "When"...

Everyone knows ASICs can happen and there are 3 differnt operations working on them. One of the four (if not all 4) will have them sooner or later.

Trolling
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 11:43:51 AM

One of the four (if not all 4) will have them sooner or later.

I don't believe they'll manage to make a finished product having only 10 megaUSD. Will see...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: