Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Seems that Ethereum is going through the same hype and hump that Ripple and Stellar did on their time. Maybe I am wrong so want to know the opinion on it?  (Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 10:22:04 PM)
This is a normal pattern. - 13 (26%)
You are right, altcoins seems to go into oblivious rather quickly. - 14 (28%)
Ethereum is different and still needs to mature. - 16 (32%)
Something else is going on - 7 (14%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on Ethereum a month after.  (Read 3960 times)
jza (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 10:22:04 PM

This is the graph a month after:

Seems that the same cycle is going on. Althought Stellar did had some big, BIG outages and issues, making the bust even more resound.
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 02:45:42 AM

Maybe you are right, but Ethereum is more promising that all those, also, the bit Ethereum projects are still on development (Augur). They are raising millions on crowfund. Maybe we can see a big rise in the price for the next months, or maybe next year. Wink
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:49:14 AM

etherum too exaggerated prosfek exceeds them in the beginning, but no results at this time. maybe
Andrelvogue

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:09:13 AM

Maybe you are right, but Ethereum is more promising that all those, also, the bit Ethereum projects are still on development (Augur). They are raising millions on crowfund. Maybe we can see a big rise in the price for the next months, or maybe next year. Wink

Well I hope so than it will be nice.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:21:01 AM

Like I have been telling. The price is too high at the moment. Ofcourse it may regain these prices, but the platform needs to mature first. Also, it needs to become way more user friendly. People that bought into the hype are now slowly selling of as price goes down and seeing their potential profits evaporate.
jza (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:26:36 AM

Like I have been telling. The price is too high at the moment. Ofcourse it may regain these prices, but the platform needs to mature first. Also, it needs to become way more user friendly. People that bought into the hype are now slowly selling of as price goes down and seeing their potential profits evaporate.

Maybe but if you notice on the question, I also mention Ripple and Stellar, they are quite mature now, and their price never went back up. So that is really the continuation of the discussion and sort of build a projection for Ethereum.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:43:17 AM

Still overpriced.I expect the price to decline more.But not from one day to another.It will be a steady slow decline.Back to IPO price or close to it.
leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:58:47 AM

Price is going to drop very hard.
Project needs more funding, it is going to be the NXT 2.0 pure failure.
Vitalik has no idea what he is doing and communications withing the team is on an all time low.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:54:35 PM

I think the price will drop as the big holders begin to cashout their ETH.
The coin supply is too much and unless there is any good news on ETH, ETH will continue to drop.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:30:41 PM

I voted for normal pattern. It was clear that the price will drop this much. Inflation rate is too high on the beginning, the software is too less user-friendly to attract non-techie users and there are a lot of early adapters who want to make a good gain.
crypto jerk

Activity: 236

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:38:31 PM

So let me get this straight. After how many millions they still managed to fuck up the distribution curve and still are debating it.

ROFL. Amatuer's playing at being satoshi.....

Rich kid vitalik is just that, a kid, playing with daddy's money.

I voted for normal pattern. It was clear that the price will drop this much. Inflation rate is too high on the beginning, the software is too less user-friendly to attract non-techie users and there are a lot of early adapters who want to make a good gain.
leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:44:06 PM

So let me get this straight. After how many millions they still managed to fuck up the distribution curve and still are debating it.

People who own Ether well just look at this vid and than you can facepalm yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDGq4aeevgY
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 02:45:01 PM

Im sure the investors that laid down 13m are shitting brix

Hours
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:37:57 PM

I never understood Ethereum, too hard to mine (not about the difficulty, just learn how to do) and no wallet, right ?
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 06:06:36 PM

I never understood Ethereum, too hard to mine (not about the difficulty, just learn how to do) and no wallet, right ?

Download the binaries from website, install, open gui client (Alethzero), press MINE button --> Profit.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:27:08 PM

Because it's not like Bitcoin doesn't have a problem with a tiny elite having mined or bought most of the coins for little investment or anything.

Anyway not sure why people still compare ETH to Bitcoin, they have little in common frankly.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:30:43 PM

the software is too less user-friendly to attract non-techie users... and there are a lot of early adapters who want to make a good gain.

This is a contradictory statement.

The 3 different clients (go, python and c++) are for DEVELOPERS and MINERS ONLY...
And the diversity is designed to avoid the centralization that Bitcoin's "official" wallet has created.

In effect, ETH has not been released to the general public.

If early adopters "wanted to make a good gain"...
They would have adopted the opposite strategy = release a simple, "official" wallet = exit strategy.

While ETH goes through the Alpha Testing stage... here's a list of 100 projects in the Ethereum pipeline:

http://dapps.ethercasts.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparing ETH to the NXT Mook Skinning Machine is ridiculous.

Typical NXT project:

(1)  Propose an absurd idea like growing pumpkins on Mars using a mesh of Raspbery Pi.

(2)  Raise $500,000 from idiots in USA... transfer funds safely to Eastern Europe.

(3)  Deliver nothing but fake tech buzzwords, screenshot mockups, random code dumps and snark on slack.  

(4)  Repeat #1 with a new absurd project.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:44:38 PM

I heard for the Etherum exactly a month ago,
At the beginning i have bought a lot and at the same time sold a lot(mostly instantly)
Nowadays i see the price that has been decreased too much from (@646 to @400), and i think it's all about pumping and dumping.
Simply this alt coin is unstable about the price/market cap.
jza (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:26:43 PM

I also dont think the price will ever recover to the opening price unfortuantely.

Maybe I am wrong, but I wouldnt be surprised if I am right.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:28:28 PM

Download the binaries from website, install, open gui client (Alethzero), press MINE button --> Profit.

It's so easy ? Everyone told me that was no graphic interface and to mine you needed to do a lot of really hard tasks. I'll follow your guide. Thank you  Wink !
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: