Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:31:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a Place to discuss Bitcoin in Canada  (Read 465 times)
itsamemario (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:16:11 AM

https://voat.co/v/bitcoincanada
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:09:34 AM

Good to know about this. Or should I say "aboot"
No actually, it's "about" I've lived all my life in Canada and never once heard a single person say it that way. It's a fiction that some American made up and I don't know why, there's plenty of actual true things that Canadians do that they could make fun of.
Anyhizzle, I like that Voat sub. It gives me reason to join Voat. Thanks for pointing it oot  Grin
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:42:09 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqsF8vbR_Q

itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:17:39 PM

Good to know about this. Or should I say "aboot"
No actually, it's "about" I've lived all my life in Canada and never once heard a single person say it that way. It's a fiction that some American made up and I don't know why, there's plenty of actual true things that Canadians do that they could make fun of.
Anyhizzle, I like that Voat sub. It gives me reason to join Voat. Thanks for pointing it oot  Grin

EH?

Haha thanks for the message, that was awesome.  Glad you joined Voat, it's a pretty cool place, although I think they have some upgrades still, the site is looking very awesome. I will do my best to keep a current circulation of up to date happenings in Canada. 
Shizzle.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:38:56 PM

I remember reading about Voat. What is it exactly, like a reddit ripoff? whats so different about it?
I remember reading it would run under the Bitcoin blockchain or something, but never found the details about how would this actually be done.
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:44:58 PM

I remember reading about Voat. What is it exactly, like a reddit ripoff? whats so different about it?
I remember reading it would run under the Bitcoin blockchain or something, but never found the details about how would this actually be done.

Haven't heard about the blockchain although that would be pretty cool.  It's basically a reddit clone with a few differences. For example in the v/bitcoin thread, the moderator privileges are transparent and you can view what they are deleting and actions they are taking. Just an added layer of transparency, but quite similar to reddit with a few small changes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: