Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Paying for old BTC addresses (0.01BTC)  (Read 659 times)
Antimon1 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:37:15 AM

I'm looking for old bitcoin addresses (private keys actually) which held any amount of bitcoins before May 2014.
Of course the addresses can be empty now.

If your address is eligible (you can send me the public address so I can check) I will pay you 0.01BTC per privkey.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
21coin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Sarthak's a dumb girl

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:40:18 AM

Hahaha sure, how many clams are you hoping to make from this? Cause lemme tell you you'll make nothing from here, everyone here knows about clams. We're not fools you see, and btw I can give you a addy with no clams , you want it?

Inkvor

Activity: 553

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:45:04 AM

I'm looking for old bitcoin addresses (private keys actually) which held any amount of bitcoins before May 2014.

If your address is eligible (you can send me the public address so I can check) I will pay you 0.01BTC per privkey.

Thanks

i guess you are too late in it as someone has already posted a thread like this
--> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1177779.0

and plus i have seen threads like these long before too, maybe you should try posting on other mining forums ..
JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:01:57 AM

Are you looking for a wallet that has more than 1 Bitcoin Total Received?
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:25:40 AM

If I give you a private key of an old btc address, would you pay 0.01 BTC regardless if there's clams available?
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:34:47 AM

Guys i noticed these types of threads earlier too on bitcointalk..can anyone explain me the logic behind why these people are buying these addresses? and what are clams and what will be thier profit?
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700

morir es descansar

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:45:14 AM

Guys i noticed these types of threads earlier too on bitcointalk..can anyone explain me the logic behind why these people are buying these addresses? and what are clams and what will be thier profit?

Old address like the one stated by op(the month and year probably) can dig clams which can give you twice or more value of bitcoins during that year when you trade these clams to biycoin you digged or mostly people uses clams to invest here just-dice.com literally you already owned clams if you have any of those addresses.
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:54:34 PM

If your address is eligible

What would you define as eligible? I'm sure most of us have hundreds of addresses that we've used over the last couple of years.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
mamansuherman

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:59:32 PM

Thanks

if im not wrong its for clam right buddy ?  Huh Huh Huh

im lost all my balance after claim it  Cry Cry
Antimon1 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:15:08 PM

Yeah, the address must have clam to be eligible and you can transfer all btc to another wallet before giving it to me. The amount which was transferred before May 2014 is irrelevant.
rapsaodan84

Activity: 218
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:28:03 PM

Yeah, the address must have clam to be eligible and you can transfer all btc to another wallet before giving it to me. The amount which was transferred before May 2014 is irrelevant.

And why exactly would anyone sell those clam to you for 0.01 instead of redeeming them themselves and get a much higher value? were you trying to fool them?
Antimon1 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:34:35 PM

And why exactly would anyone sell those clam to you for 0.01 instead of redeeming them themselves and get a much higher value? were you trying to fool them?

Maybe they don't want to deal with all that stuff or don't know how to do this?!
You don't have to use my service.
manekari

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:44:00 PM

Can anyone tell me how this clam claim works ? The complete process? I guess i missed this one.

I m having old address, but came across this thing for the first time.

Smiley
rapsaodan84

Activity: 218
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:46:09 PM

Maybe they don't want to deal with all that stuff or don't know how to do this?!
You don't have to use my service.

Yes that's my point: the only people who would want to use your 'service' are those who don't know better, that's why I said you want to fool those who lack the knowledge.
the easiest way to redeem clams is to go to just-dice and type
Code:
/dig ADDRESS PRIVKEY
Antimon1 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:07:31 PM

Can anyone tell me how this clam claim works ? The complete process? I guess i missed this one.

I m having old address, but came across this thing for the first time.

CLAM is basically just an altcoin which gave every btc address ~4.6 CLAMS which was used before May 2014. If you have such one you can collect the CLAMS with the CLAM client and exchange them for btc.
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:41:41 PM

If I give you a private key of an old btc address, would you pay 0.01 BTC regardless if there's clams available?
I am also of the above opinion, I have a btc address that was made before may 2014 but I don't know how to get private key for it.
I might give you the address if you can teach me how to get the private key for the address.
It is worthy to mention that the address was made via blockchain.info
Antimon1 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:29:13 PM

I am also of the above opinion, I have a btc address that was made before may 2014 but I don't know how to get private key for it.
I might give you the address if you can teach me how to get the private key for the address.
It is worthy to mention that the address was made via blockchain.info

The easiest way to get your private key on blockchain.info is to login to your wallet and click on "Import/Export" in the navigation bar. Next you choose "Paper Wallet" from the left and you can read it easily.

Note that you should move all bitcoins (if existing) to another bitcoin address before.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:10:06 PM

Thanks
you will have better luck just spending that btc on clams and holding it is a crypto currency forum so most people here will have a pretty good idea about clams Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀