Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:01:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a step-by-step instruction for gui-devcoin-wallet-installation on debian  (Read 1488 times)
brunozisterer (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:22:32 AM

Bounty at the moment 0.350 BTC on:
http://www.rugatu.com/questions/3740/step-by-step-instuction-to-install-devcoin-wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 06:27:49 AM

Are you running into any errors doing as the post there says to do?

Such as finding there is something else it depends on that you have not installed, such as oh dunno maybe boost for example?

Or maybe libcurl? It uses curl library for the "get the distribution lists from websites" thing that it does.

Or have you simply not actually tried yet?

When you run it, are you doing it from the same place all the receiver_1.csv, receiver_2.csv files are?

As one of the websites used way back in the early days is gone now so it won't be able to find enough websites for the reaclly old receiver files to be able to chck a majority of the sites agree as to the contents of the files.

I think when it runs it will suck the receiver files from the directory you are in when you run it into its ~/.devcoin/receiver directory, so you could copy them there yourself ahead of time if you don't want to sit at the current location of those files when you first run it.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
brunozisterer (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:15:55 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2012, 07:46:51 AM by brunozisterer

Thank's Mark for the immediate reply,
I'm also running in erros when doing as the post there says to do.
I almost got 3 pages of errors if I run "make".
I try to install now libcurl and boost and see what happens.
Bruno

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 07:29:38 AM

Well it certainly ought not build without boost and curl libs thats for sure.

YOu likely need the development packages for the libs, not just the actual runtime libs themselves, so that you have the "header files" describing for compilers what the syntax etc is for the various things found in the libs.

Same for qt maybe.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: