Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:26:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: secret rocket?  (Read 2795 times)
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:52:22 AM

Just ignited.  So many people counted on a drop this Thursday and weekend - but there was no drop on Thursday and I bet that there will be no on the weekend - many bears will be buying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:50:12 AM

Just ignited.  So many people counted on a drop this Thursday and weekend - but there was no drop on Thursday and I bet that there will be no on the weekend - many bears will be buying.

There has been next to no volume. I see no signs of the price going up anytime soon.
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 11:06:07 AM

Those secret rockets have been quite disappointing lately  Roll Eyes

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 11:12:42 AM

Those secret rockets have been quite disappointing lately  Roll Eyes

Have to agree on that, we need more fuel!

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 11:21:36 AM

Why were people expecting a drop on Thursday by the way?

zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 12:28:56 PM

Because there were drops two previous Thursdays (and because it is in line with the weekend drop theory).  That is true that the volume is very small - that's why it is *secret* rocket.  It is a long shot - do you prefer the threads like 'I have a reason to believe that the price is now around 12'?
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:00:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=13qeX98tAS8#t=58s

Mark my words..
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 06:15:27 AM

Not this time - I tell you!

It has started - I know that forum registration stats is easy to manipulate - but it was a good indicator in the past and now it is shooting up.
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 03:48:27 PM

...in my pants.

Cheesy

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 03:56:56 PM

Not this time - I tell you!

It has started - I know that forum registration stats is easy to manipulate - but it was a good indicator in the past and now it is shooting up.

Confirmation bias Wink

mysteriousawake

Activity: 193

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 07:25:11 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DONT FORGET TO DONATE IF I HELPED YOU
mobodick

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 07:40:35 PM

You even get to choose your own color. How cool is that, huh?
bitcoinbear

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 07:43:58 PM

Because there were drops two previous Thursdays (and because it is in line with the weekend drop theory).  That is true that the volume is very small - that's why it is *secret* rocket.  It is a long shot - do you prefer the threads like 'I have a reason to believe that the price is now around 12'?

I can guarantee that the price will drop every weekend except on those weekends when it doesn't.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 07:44:16 PM

Are you aiming at the crayon Simpsons ep?
You think Homer would be heavily invested in bitcoin?
mysteriousawake

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 07:50:13 PM

THats awesome

mobodick

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 08:11:29 PM

Are you aiming at the crayon Simpsons ep?
You think Homer would be heavily invested in bitcoin?
Homer? Nah.
Moe? Definitely (invested heavily in pirate).
Mr. Burns? Considering running a ponzi.
Bart? Running a ponzi.
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:24:38 AM

Non-explosive - isn't that improvement over http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=13qeX98tAS8#t=58s ?
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 08:03:13 PM

Since according to you, the secret rocket has already ignited while it isn't going up much, what will happen once it runs out of fuel? Smiley

bitcoinbear

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:40:32 PM

Since according to you, the secret rocket has already ignited while it isn't going up much, what will happen once it runs out of fuel? Smiley

The secret rocket points to the right, so clearly it is making time go faster. When it runs out of fuel time will slow back down again.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:49:50 PM

i'm pretty impressed that my adaptation of inau's "rocket secretly taking off" threads last winter have sparked a continuing theme of manipulative pseudo-speculation.

too bad two small sell-offs just occurred... seems like it ran out of fuel and we should now expect a plummet to the center of the earth.

indicators, man.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:48:54 PM

i'm pretty impressed that my adaptation of inau's "rocket secretly taking off" threads last winter have sparked a continuing theme of manipulative pseudo-speculation.

too bad two small sell-offs just occurred... seems like it ran out of fuel and we should now expect a plummet to the center of the earth.

indicators, man.

At one time this forum could influence the price but I don't think it can any longer.

Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:53:24 PM

indicators, man.

At one time this forum could influence the price but I don't think it can any longer.

I agree, it doesn't seem what gets said here has an effect on the price lol
zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:58:13 PM

indicators, man.

I don't think it ever was.  But back to the subject - I've lost my bet about no drop over weekend, but still it was a small one.  As to indicators - I've mentioned mine - this website stats  - it is showing a new wave of interest, maybe it is not yet bringing in new money - but it will - that's my theory.
mysteriousawake

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 03:37:29 AM

indicators, man.

I don't think it ever was.  But back to the subject - I've lost my bet about no drop over weekend, but still it was a small one.  As to indicators - I've mentioned mine - this website stats  - it is showing a new wave of interest, maybe it is not yet bringing in new money - but it will - that's my theory.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118026.msg1270073#msg1270073
I dont think its a crayon, desicion 19th - 21st

mobodick

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:04:58 PM

indicators, man.

If the new people were genuinely interested in the forum they cannot miss the barrage of negative news concerning bitcoin.
If i was new then i'd think twice before investing in anything bitcoin. I would be curious, but i would consider investing a big risk.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:58:42 PM

If the new people were genuinely interested in the forum they cannot miss the barrage of negative news concerning bitcoin.
If i was new then i'd think twice before investing in anything bitcoin. I would be curious, but i would consider investing a big risk.

Investing in Bitcoin has always been a big risk. The most prominent people in Bitcoin (like Gavin) often start by saying bitcoin is an immature technology and is high risk.

mobodick

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:07:48 PM

Investing in Bitcoin has always been a big risk. The most prominent people in Bitcoin (like Gavin) often start by saying bitcoin is an immature technology and is high risk.
Sure, but untill bitcoinica, pirate and GLBSE fell over there was no real measure of the risk. What was shown in the past couple of months was how deeply immature this community still is.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:56:40 PM

Sure, but untill bitcoinica, pirate and GLBSE fell over there was no real measure of the risk. What was shown in the past couple of months was how deeply immature this community still is.

I think the risk he means regards the inherent possibility of bitcoin actually failing ie protocol exploit/network failure. Of course with each day passing that becomes less and less of a possibility.

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:03:35 PM

I think the risk he means regards the inherent possibility of bitcoin actually failing ie protocol exploit/network failure. Of course with each day passing that becomes less and less of a possibility.

I would turn it around: with more and more BTC users and increased value, the incentive to break the protocol in one's advantage becomes bigger and bigger. Computer power and knowledge increase over time as well, so security remains an important element. Of course, the protocol itself has been tested the last few years already with the opportunity to mature to a certain extent.

zby (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:40:39 AM

That is old news.  When did you start with bitcoins?  From what I remember there newer was a shortage of failures - people forget them quickly.  Now there are only positive news like the bitcoin foundation.

I can see how the technical/wave analysis shows down trend - that is why old timers with big btc stashes sell - we'll see if that will be enough to keep it down.
mobodick

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 05:54:33 AM

That is old news.  When did you start with bitcoins?  From what I remember there newer was a shortage of failures - people forget them quickly.  Now there are only positive news like the bitcoin foundation.

I can see how the technical/wave analysis shows down trend - that is why old timers with big btc stashes sell - we'll see if that will be enough to keep it down.
I've been around for 1.5 years or so.
But what is striking about these latest cases is that they were pretty much trust issues.

And at the moment i would not trust anyone organizing in a non democratic way.
So i'm not sure about the bitcoin foundation.
Sounds more like a 'i'ma gonna secure my fat income' foundation to me.
How does the community participate in this foundation?
Who decides what is best for bitcoin?
citboin

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:36:33 AM

Secret North Korean rocket? xD
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: