Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:22:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALPHA messed up their design AGAIN. LOL  (Read 950 times)
samsonn25 (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:44:49 PM

ALPHA messed up their design AGAIN.  LOL

OMFG what a Disaster:

[   "Greetings Miners!
We sincerely apologise for getting this update out to you after such a long time. As we have been at a stage where we have just been awaiting system design changes and tweaks there has not been much to update on; as these have been more technical than physical so we do not have much to show.

We had originally planned to have our devices already shipped, as said in our previous update we have all our chips ready; the only delay was getting the system design so we are manufacturing and assembly ready. We had sent our system design for review before manufacturing to a UK based company who are experts in system design, they had found flaws in the system design which was made by the Indian design team. We were told if we were to take our design for manufacturing there would be serious issues. Therefore, we have contracted this UK based company to commit to making these on both the 50Mh/s and 250Mh/s systems.

The technical recommendations and changes are summarised below:

Design analysis shows that the issues found can be solved by bill of material (BOM) and hardware changes. The proposed solutions need to be tested on a prototype to verify that the proposed solution is effective.
DFM review shows that an update to the PCB is needed before going into mass production.
System analysis shows that the Enpirion power supply can be used as an alternative power supply solution to the Texas Instrument power supply without compromising cost and performance. Recommendations for future expansion are also considered.
Recommended that the USB port at the back of the data miner system be reallocated as a USB to serial interface. Having a freely accessible serial interface would be useful in scenarios requiring emergency recovery due to an invalid network setting rendering the system inaccessible via Ethernet. One such solution would be to use an appropriate FTDI USB to serial transceiver.

Towards the end of July these changes were sent to our Indian design team so they could implement them and send prototypes back to the UK based team. The Indian design team is days away from completion, once these changes are made we will start manufacturing and shipping in phases; the 50Mh/s devices first and then the larger devices.

We truly apologise for the delays and are doing the best we can to ship ASAP. We have been with our original designers from the start and it is difficult to change contractors if they have first hand knowledge of our chip and system design, this knowledge dates back since 2013 with our FPGA design. But now when we have hit the stage of the project where we have had the chance to slowly hand-over our designs to a UK based company we are seeing positive signs and progression.

When developing a new technology from a white-paper and concept, there are bound to be delays which we cannot anticipate, unfortunately we were hit by these delays. As this was a pre-order project we did make customers aware most of the work was yet to be completed. I also believe there are currently no other scrypt-based miners being shipped from any competitors, so when we do ship I believe customers would be delighted to finally have our product in-hand. Finally there is something very important to me that I want to make mention of, my intention is to try to compensate all batch 1 customers (including those refunded) in the future with our further projects."   ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:57:52 AM

Do people actually BELIEVE the crap scam lies out of Alpha after this long?

About the only truth I can see in their message is "there are currently no other scrypt-based miners being shipped from any competitors", since SFards seems to have dropped the ball badly on the SF100 and Innosilicon isn't shipping A4 based machines or selling the chips to 3'd party manufacturers - YET.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
samsonn25 (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:36:27 PM

Jan 2016

They are still working out design power issues.  omfg
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:19:48 AM

Jan 2016

They are still working out design power issues.  omfg

Ack! Zombie thread resurrection! ICK!

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Jasmint

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:36:33 PM

There is little hope we will get the Alpha miner any time soon.
malefactor

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 06:04:23 AM

This is baloney.  He's using industry terms but saying nothing.

Ok, you have a design problem that can be fixed with a BOM change.  What kind of problem?  If you know it can be fixed with a BOM change, why does it have to "go back for analysis"?  Does alpha have any engineers of their own, or are they just project managers hoping that this time the disinterested Indian contractors won't screw it up?  (and why should they, because the more they screw it up, the more billable hours they generate)

Why does it take weeks to months to make any progress, get any analysis?  Conventional practice is to prototype the BOM change yourself and test... THE SAME DAY.

I could go on and on.  I'm deliberately only scratching the surface.  This is not how the industry really works.  But, he's betting that nobody knows that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: