Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens now that BitcoinXT is essentially dead  (Read 3229 times)
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:39:11 AM

With less than 10% of the nodes and zero mined blocks recently what happens now that BitcoinXT (GVC) is for all practical purposes dead?

What of Gavin and Mike?

Will they still be taken seriously in future projects?

~BCX~
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:43:24 AM

Dead?

Nope, my XT node is still up and running.  Smiley

BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:56:16 AM

Dead?

Nope, my XT node is still up and running.  Smiley

Like I said, BitcoinXT (GVC) is DEAD.

~BCX~

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:08:43 AM

With less than 10% of the nodes and zero mined blocks recently what happens now that BitcoinXT (GVC) is for all practical purposes dead?

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

So by this logic should we not take seriously all owners of failed pull requests? Logic = 0!

erik777

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:39:42 AM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

So by this logic should we not take seriously all owners of failed pull requests? Logic = 0!

How do you compare a major fork attempt with a pull request? 

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:56:55 AM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

It's called grabbing at straws LOL.

Only the hardcore GVC Fanboys are still pretending this isn't a massive fail.

~BCX~
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:26:19 PM

All i know is Bitcoin won't grow with this tiny blocksize and some people here are deliberately hindering this for their own benefit, this bs is keeping bitcoin from mooning where companies like fidelity are trying to build on the blockchain and the thing maxes out, even 8 mb is a joke.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:33:52 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

You just do.
You guys are acting like BitcoinXT was something that never happened before. It may not have happened in the Bitcoin world, but it happens all the time in the Open Source World. So, if their proposal is not accepted by an economic majority, they drop it, and start working on other projects. Business as usual. Nothing dramatic about that.
You guys are just a bunch of retarded fanboys, like in all this stupid iPhone vs. Android wars ...

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:36:05 PM

All i know is Bitcoin won't grow with this tiny blocksize and some people here are deliberately hindering this for their own benefit, this bs is keeping bitcoin from mooning where companies like fidelity are trying to build on the blockchain and the thing maxes out, even 8 mb is a joke.

So what do you propose? 1GB blocks?

"Keeping Bitcoin from mooning"  Cheesy

Of course!..... It's increasingly obvious greed is what's keeping the majority of you noobs from seeing things clearly.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:37:10 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

I might be wrong, but I believe it was both Jeff Garzik and Mike Hearn who came up with the bit ID's concept. That seemed like a really great idea (although I believe it was Hearn who was pushing the concept of using passport RFID tokens as the key for the master account for each chain of ID's, which was admittedly a terrible idea)

Ditto the Payments Protocol, not ideal (I disliked the idea intially), but Hearn and Andresen made convincing arguments about that issue (even though that protocol will probably be replaced by something technically superior before it gets much common use).

So it's fair to say that Hearn and Andresen have both come up with as many good ideas as they have bad ones, those are just the ones I like best of theirs.

Vires in numeris
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:42:47 PM

XT may be dead now and may die more tomorrow or have a fresh breath... But ideas live on and that's what really matters. If XT fails miserably, they at least achieved something important: people are now talking more seriously about changes in Bitcoin and future disputes will be more softer than this.

XT ideas might end up in Core and others ideas might end up in Core too. We never know tomorrow Smiley

As for Gavin and Mike, yes, they can still be taken seriously, as they might have really good ideas in future.
brg444

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:45:56 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

You just do.
You guys are acting like BitcoinXT was something that never happened before. It may not have happened in the Bitcoin world, but it happens all the time in the Open Source World. So, if their proposal is not accepted by an economic majority, they drop it, and start working on other projects. Business as usual. Nothing dramatic about that.
You guys are just a bunch of retarded fanboys, like in all this stupid iPhone vs. Android wars ...

It really isn't comparable and if you can't see it then it is likely you are part of the "retarded" gang.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 12:53:35 PM

We have to see what will happen with BIP101 (or something better) at the time where the block will be everytime full Wink

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:53:41 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

Gavin A. goes Peter R.; Bitcoin unlimited:

"In my heart of hearts, I think everything would be just fine if the block limit was completely eliminated. I think actually nothing bad would happen."

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 12:57:53 PM

Gavin always wanted the unlimited block, he tried to make some compromises with 20 MB first, and 8 MB then.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
MUFC

Activity: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:58:15 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

I'm sure they'll just continue on as usual, unless they get butthurt and throw a paddy. Personally I don't have any respect for them after this stunt. They went about it completely the wrong way.

erik777

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:59:27 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

I'm sure they'll just continue on as usual, unless they get butthurt and throw a paddy. Personally I don't have any respect for them after this stunt. They went about it completely the wrong way.

^^-- AGREE

.▄███     ██████     ███▄
██████   ███████   ██████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
  ██████████████████████
   █████████  ████████
    ██████    ██████
    ███████    ██████
   █████████  █████████
  ██████████████████████
 ██████ ██████████ ██████
██████   ██████   ██████
 ▀███     ██████     ███▀
IMPRESSIO     ▄███████████████▄
     ██             ██
     ▀███████████████▀
           ██ ██
           ██ ██
       ▄▄█████████▄▄ ▄███▄
    ▄███▀▀       ▀▀████ ▀██▄
  ▄██▀   ▄▄█████▄▄   ▀██▄ ██
 ▄██  ▄███  █  █████▄  ██▄█▀
 ██  ███         █████  ██
██  ██████  ███   █████  ██
██  ██████  ▀▀▀  ▄█████  ██
██  ██████  ▄▄▄▄  █████  ██
██  ██████  ████   ████  ██
 ██  ███          ████  ██
 ▀██  ▀███  █  █████▀  ██▀
  ▀██▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
brg444

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:02:27 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

"In my heart of hearts, I think everything would be just fine if the block limit was completely eliminated. I think actually nothing bad would happen."

He can't have said this after this weekend's conference. If he did then he's even more of a clown than I thought.

turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:05:46 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

You just do.

It really isn't comparable and if you can't see it then it is likely you are part of the "retarded" gang.
Why is it not comparable? Please enlighten me.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
brg444

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:09:27 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

You just do.

Why is it not comparable? Please enlighten me.

Because this is a 3B$ economy that depends on trust. Forcing a contentious hard fork for political motives divides the consensus & undermines that trust which puts everyone's money at risk.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: