Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:32:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderator is doing a bad job  (Read 3065 times)
Richy_T (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2117

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:14:17 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2012, 05:06:52 PM by hazek

*i still think you're a shitty moderator, hazek, for having allowed Atlas to post no less than 5-6 simultaneous threads bashing the devs and the BF.*

Meh, this is a discussion forum. If no one replies, his threads will drop off the bottom. I would think that hurling abuse at the moderators would be a more serious offense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:18:26 PM

*i still think you're a shitty moderator for having allowed Atlas to post no less than 5-6 simultaneous threads bashing the devs and the BF.*

Meh, this is a discussion forum. If no one replies, his threads will drop off the bottom. I would think that hurling abuse at the moderators would be a more serious offense.

have you noticed the boatload of threads that get moved?  how are those decisions made?  i would think mods should be impartial and not just keep threads they philosophically agree with.  that's what's happened here.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:43:36 PM

have you noticed the boatload of threads that get moved?  how are those decisions made?  i would think mods should be impartial and not just keep threads they philosophically agree with.  that's what's happened here.
I don't understand the point you are trying to make.  That mods move threads to forum topics that better suit the discussion at hand?  And this is somehow a bad thing?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:47:40 PM

I don't understand the point you are trying to make.  That mods move threads to forum topics that better suit the discussion at hand?  And this is somehow a bad thing?

allowing 5-6 threads on the same topic simultaneously, by a guy like Atlas, bashing the devs and BF is inappropriate.  that's my opinion.
Richy_T (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2117

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:56:35 PM

allowing 5-6 threads on the same topic simultaneously, by a guy like Atlas, bashing the devs and BF is inappropriate.  that's my opinion.

I disagree that bashing the devs and/or BF is inappropriate. What is this, the catholic church? 5-6 threads on the matter may be out of line though.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:56:55 PM

have you noticed the boatload of threads that get moved?  how are those decisions made?  i would think mods should be impartial and not just keep threads they philosophically agree with.  that's what's happened here.
I don't understand the point you are trying to make.  That mods move threads to forum topics that better suit the discussion at hand?  And this is somehow a bad thing?

allowing 5-6 threads on the same topic simultaneously, by a guy like Atlas, bashing the devs and BF is inappropriate.  that's my opinion.
And yet you state "i would think mods should be impartial".  You don't see my confusion about the point you are trying to make?

On the one hand you state that the mods should not be impartial, that they should remove threads by Atlas that they disagree with.  On the other hand you state that mods should be impartial and imply that they should keep all threads and "not just keep threads they philosophically agree with".

Perhaps you are experiencing a bout of cognitive dissonance?
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:20:23 PM

cypherdoc,

If you are not happy with the way I fulfill my responsibility to the administrator of this forum as a moderator you are more than welcome to post a complaint in this appropriate section of the forum. Also in case you didn't know this, I'm not the only one moderating Bitcoin Discussions and I am not the only one receiving reports and if there is a dilemma, ultimately the forum administrator gets to decide how moderation is applied.

All I do is what I promised the forum administrator I would do and I follow his guidelines to the letter. I'm sorry if that doesn't make you happy, but then that isn't my problem, it's your problem with the forum administrator.

So I ask you for the sake of keeping the section I moderate clean and for the sake of solving inefficiencies or moderator abuse as fast and as efficient as possible, please, in the future, present your complaints directly to the administrator instead of attacking me as an off topic reply to a random post of mine.

Thank you.

Best regards,
hazek

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:36:04 PM

cypherdoc,

If you are not happy with the way I fulfill my responsibility to the administrator of this forum as a moderator you are more than welcome to post a complaint in this appropriate section of the forum. Also in case you didn't know this, I'm not the only one moderating Bitcoin Discussions and I am not the only one receiving reports and if there is a dilemma, ultimately the forum administrator gets to decide how moderation is applied.

All I do is what I promised the forum administrator I would do and I follow his guidelines to the letter. I'm sorry if that doesn't make you happy, but then that isn't my problem, it's your problem with the forum administrator.

So I ask you for the sake of keeping the section I moderate clean and for the sake of solving inefficiencies or moderator abuse as fast and as efficient as possible, please, in the future, present your complaints directly to the administrator instead of attacking me as an off topic reply to a random post of mine.

Thank you.

Best regards,
hazek

dude, i just responded to your agitated post above.  it seems you're the one who can't handle it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117997.msg1266943#msg1266943
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:50:04 PM

hazek, do u have any idea what you're doing censoring this forum like this?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:00:21 PM

have you noticed the boatload of threads that get moved?  how are those decisions made?  i would think mods should be impartial and not just keep threads they philosophically agree with.  that's what's happened here.
I don't understand the point you are trying to make.  That mods move threads to forum topics that better suit the discussion at hand?  And this is somehow a bad thing?

allowing 5-6 threads on the same topic simultaneously, by a guy like Atlas, bashing the devs and BF is inappropriate.  that's my opinion.
And yet you state "i would think mods should be impartial".  You don't see my confusion about the point you are trying to make?

On the one hand you state that the mods should not be impartial, that they should remove threads by Atlas that they disagree with.  On the other hand you state that mods should be impartial and imply that they should keep all threads and "not just keep threads they philosophically agree with".

my original response to your comment got censored by hazek so let me repost:

i don't have a problem with Atlas putting up one post expressing his opinion on the topic but what he did, and was allowed to do, is put up 5-6 threads all on the same subject with slight variation which bashed the devs and BF.  don't make me go back and dig them up all posted on essentially the same day that the BF was announced.
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:05:55 PM

my original response to your comment got censored by hazek so let me repost:

i don't have a problem with Atlas putting up one post expressing his opinion on the topic but what he did, and was allowed to do, is put up 5-6 threads all on the same subject with slight variation which bashed the devs and BF.  don't make me go back and dig them up all posted on essentially the same day that the BF was announced.

Show us the evidence.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:07:44 PM

we've been banished to a section of the forum where no one visits which is why the topic was moved in the first place.  don't waste my time.

you know full well what threads i'm talking about since you're the one who put them up.

save me the time.  you pull them up.
Atlas

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:17:27 PM

we've been banished to a section of the forum where no one visits which is why the topic was moved in the first place.  don't waste my time.

you know full well what threads i'm talking about since you're the one who put them up.

save me the time.  you pull them up.

I remember covering many subjects that day. I think you're just mad that the Bitcoin Foundation hasn't risen to total power yet.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:41:37 PM

save me the time.  you pull them up.

I remember covering many subjects that day. I think you're just mad that the Bitcoin Foundation hasn't risen to total power yet.

see, its comments like those that make ppl like me reject what you have to say.  all those threads had a similar tone to them.  i could care less about the BF.  what i don't like is your trolling.  

and as far as hazek is concerned i'm really disappointed b/c i thought he was intelligent.  censoring mild criticism like mine shows a deep insecurity.  after all the BS he spews about democracy, elitists, corporatocracy;  its all just bull to me now.
Atlas

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:52:15 PM

see, its comments like those that make ppl like me reject what you have to say.  all those threads had a similar tone to them.  i could care less about the BF.  what i don't like is your trolling.  

and as far as hazek is concerned i'm really disappointed b/c i thought he was intelligent.  censoring mild criticism like mine shows a deep insecurity.  after all the BS he spews about democracy, elitists, corporatocracy;  its all just bull to me now.

There's no censorship here. Your criticism was offtopic.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 06:53:42 PM

There's no censorship here. Your criticism was offtopic.

he actually deleted a few of my posts.  and the immediacy of the actions clearly indicates a desire to hide criticism.  hazek should be ashamed.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:33:05 PM

cypherdoc,

It is true, I did delete a few of your off topic posts, only because they were off topic and posted after I had already split the thread and moved your initial off topic posts and after I notified you about that with a PM. Unfortunately this forum doesn't, at least not to my knowledge, allow me to merge threads. If I could do that I would have split your posts from that original thread and moved them into this one. Since I couldn't and your posts were off topic, and I wasn't going to create new threads and move those, I opted to delete your posts.

You are more than welcome to repost all of them here.

Best regards,
hazek

p.s.: Moved posts are not censorship. Most issues have their appropriate sections of the forum, for example forum & and moderator discussion belongs in Meta.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4344

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 02:14:36 AM

natives are restless today

pitchforks

get your pitchforks here

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 05:18:05 PM

cypherdoc, my opinion on the matter is the Bitcoin Foundation was a special case.

Technically, the announcement of it belongs in Service Announcements/Discussion, yet it remains on the main forum. I think this inconsistency is tolerable given the significance of TBF. The community reacted strongly to it, in more than one way. So complaining about moderation inconsistency over that announcement is understandable, but I think a bit rigid.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 05:44:42 PM

cypherdoc, my opinion on the matter is the Bitcoin Foundation was a special case.

Technically, the announcement of it belongs in Service Announcements/Discussion, yet it remains on the main forum. I think this inconsistency is tolerable given the significance of TBF. The community reacted strongly to it, in more than one way. So complaining about moderation inconsistency over that announcement is understandable, but I think a bit rigid.

understood.  a few things though:

1.  I was logged in that whole day of the announcement.  Atlas put up no less than 5-6 threads bashing devs and the BF. i was not the only one who noticed either.  hazek moved many other threads that day except these.  i brought my concerns up in one of Atlas's threads and he told me hazek agrees with him fundamentally as a reason for his behavior.  i believe this to be true.  ok fine, i'm all for different opinions.  but that many threads and such blatant favoritism?

2.  I thought the matter was over but yesterday when I started bringing it up again in the Hammer thread, hazek inexplicably starts deleting and moving my comments over here.  and i mean instantly within seconds under the guise of "off topic".  i even put up a post in the Hammer thread with a link to this thread and even that was deleted.  WTF?!@!  if off topic is his criteria for moving comments to Meta, this would be the new Discussion forum.  i've never had that happen to me and its clear he is censoring any criticism of his actions.  he knows hardly anyone comes over to Meta.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: