Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:14:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the use of Bitcoin is kind of complicate?  (Read 5473 times)
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 08:11:52 AM

Vinny Lingham said, in Consesus 2015, the following phrase:
 " If you don't simplify the use of bitcoin, why would people want to use it as a currency?

What do you think about that, check the whole article in the following link:
http://www.coindesk.com/trust-law-enforcement-and-killer-apps-consensus-2015-morning-sessions/

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 08:45:49 AM

of course it is true. but bitcoin is already so much easier than 2-3 years ago. pretty good & fast progress.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:56:17 AM

Yes it is complicated. Take a look at this video and it will be crystal clear to you:

https://youtu.be/MRcA01xt2L0

There is still a lot of work to do make it user friendlier, especially buying and securing. These are two areas for me that are absolutely most complicated for any new bitcoiners out there.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 08:59:40 AM

So using banks and getting a credit card is a simple procedure? It only is if you don't read the whole complicated contract that you have to sign. Considering how it was a few years back, I do not consider using Bitcoin complicated. It might just require slightly more effort. There are pretty good (both technical and non) videos that explain Bitcoin nicely under 5 minutes. After that one must find a place to acquire Bitcoin, and I think that this is still the weak spot. Not enough ATMs and exchanges/other ways of acquiring.

For a tech savy user, using Bitcoin should be one of the simpler tasks.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182

Hello there!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:04:19 AM

Bitcoin IS being simplified for normal consumer use. People already use it at waffle stalls in my country (South Africa, I know! Crazy right?) and I buy waffles every weekend. I guess me and the waffle guys are used to working with the system of mobile QR codes and all that. Not to mention that bitcoin is so much easier to use than a year ago.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
Ceizer54

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:05:44 AM

Nopes for me Earning Spending and Storing bitcoin isn't complicated nor either using it...The think which bring headache to me is mining...i hate it..i tried several times but didn't even mined a single satoshi and don't know how other people just mine with thier normal pc Sad
Southampton

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:06:10 AM

Its really not that difficult at all. In fact it is quite simple to use even for the tech unsavvy. Using a wallet like blockchain.info is just like paypal imo. Wallets will get even easier and safer to use as time goes on too.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:12:30 AM

For a tech savy user, using Bitcoin should be one of the simpler tasks.

Yes, great.
The fact is that how many users out there are tech savvy enough?
I think very few.

The other day I tried to explain in simple words what BTC is to a merchant and it felt like a desperate challenge.

They really cannot get as it is: they want to understand it compared to bank accounts etc. otherwise the won't understand.

That's just silly.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:16:19 AM

A very good point if there was way of instantly transferring Bitcoin to fiat quick and a small fee more people be interested. At the moment the fickle price of Bitcoin and the time needed to transfer fiat is a major downer for anyone interested.
B4zzA

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:17:31 AM

" If you don't simplify the use of bitcoin, why would people want to use it as a currency?

http://www.coindesk.com/trust-law-enforcement-and-killer-apps-consensus-2015-morning-sessions/

Bitcoin still remains for the technically adept.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 09:20:56 AM

Nopes for me Earning Spending and Storing bitcoin isn't complicated nor either using it...The think which bring headache to me is mining...i hate it..i tried several times but didn't even mined a single satoshi and don't know how other people just mine with thier normal pc Sad
Nobody isd mining with their PC anymore. This is just wrong. Mining is easy as well.

Yes, great.
The fact is that how many users out there are tech savvy enough?
I think very few.

The other day I tried to explain in simple words what BTC is to a merchant and it felt like a desperate challenge.
They really cannot get as it is: they want to understand it compared to bank accounts etc. otherwise the won't understand.
That's just silly.
Very very few. I know a lot of people that don't know that the 'prt sc' button is for screenshots. They do not know how to make a screenshot of their desktop on their computer. I didn't want to comment that further.

Bitcoin still remains for the technically adept.
Actually not knowing how to properly handle technology will eventually be comparable to not knowing how to read or write.

A very good point if there was way of instantly transferring Bitcoin to fiat quick and a small fee more people be interested. At the moment the fickle price of Bitcoin and the time needed to transfer fiat is a major downer for anyone interested.
Bitcoin is supposed to be used. Converting to fiat should not be one of your primary goals.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
|Bitcoin|

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:30:02 AM

Yes it is too complicated for an average teenager to understand. For bitcoin to take the world it need to attract teenager.  But it is hard for them to understand without having technology bg.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:34:03 AM

Yes it is too complicated for an average teenager to understand. For bitcoin to take the world it need to attract teenager.  But it is hard for them to understand without having technology bg.

Well, bet at the moment BTCitcoin is not complicated to understand for average teenagers there are so many video tutorial available around the globe so any person with internet connection can know the basic of it and can use it for it's daily use.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 12:47:04 PM

It is more towards the exchangers part but not on the usability. If you have atm which you can just put in the money and you get your bitcoin this is far better than going to exchanger, register an account, give all your info, scanned passport, that would turn people off as it is too complicated

MUFC

Activity: 500
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:55:49 PM

It being complicated isn't the issue - but I don't think it is - but to get people to use it as a currency they need to have a reason to. For most people just don't have any desire to use bitcoin as it doesn't offer them anything really.

Is it? I think your underestimate how tech savvy kids are these days. They certainly know much more than most peoples parents.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:01:00 PM

It is quite complicated when you dive in and start to find your way around, what can it do, how to acquire some and so on.  Once you get beyond that it is straight forward.

Regarding new everyday people and how complicated it is for them to use, it is getting much easier as more retailers and business come on board, in the new future it should become even easier to get Bitcoin and use Bitcoin.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:04:33 PM

It is quite complicated when you dive in and start to find your way around, what can it do, how to acquire some and so on.  Once you get beyond that it is straight forward.

Regarding new everyday people and how complicated it is for them to use, it is getting much easier as more retailers and business come on board, in the new future it should become even easier to get Bitcoin and use Bitcoin.

I'm just not sure how any new people are going to use btc regularly, if even regular users admit its a complicated process (which it is).

Its confusing, and I'm sure most people have either lost, or sent coins to the wrong address at least once.

If more people are to start using btc, this should be addressed now, rather than just hoping it will become easier down the line.
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:48:29 PM

I think it is very easy to use Bitcoin easier than real money Cool

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:56:07 PM

no i think it isn't the only hard thing for many average people is security, ensure the safety of their bitcoin is more hard for them than using it

it's also the problem why many don't trust bitcoin yet
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:57:43 PM

With time, im pretty sure that it will be more simply to use, btw, now is not so hard to use it, people can pay or send BTC with just 1 click on their smartphones, so when you have everything configured is pretty easy to use, and dont forget that new generations are more adapted to the technology that us Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: