Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:47:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Magicaldice.com(Provably fair or not..?)Warning for dicers  (Read 3231 times)
Bluewaffle (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:20:17 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 06:24:48 AM by Bluewaffle

So whats everyones thought on this about the newest dice site to be introduced to btc community (magicaldice.com)

https://i.imgur.com/KXcIS9j.png

https://i.imgur.com/Sp046W0.png

Sorry about the sloppy work made it fast but it doesnt matter in a situations like this in my opinion..

please let  me know your thoughts....

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:22:41 PM

That one guy was very lucky. And no, the winner is not the same guy as the owners.

Same thing can happen on primedice, just-dice or luckyb.it is just LUCK.
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:24:15 PM

That one guy was very lucky. And no, the winner is not the same guy as the owners.

Same thing can happen on primedice, just-dice or luckyb.it is just LUCK.

Take a look at the server seed hashes.
Bluewaffle (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:25:49 PM

Guess i should have mentioned that  ...YES LOOK AT SERVER HASH
lol what do you expect though from noob;p

rambeazle

Activity: 244

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:26:47 PM

Unibtc was a probably cheating, got caught
Bluewaffle (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:29:02 PM

what makes you say that?

rz20
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:30:38 PM

Ahh ok, you didn't tell me to look at the server seeds.

Yes, it seems they changed the encrypted SHA 256 of the server seed without notifying the users and without publishing the secret of the hash.

It seems fishy but I think they just made a mistake not telling the users to generate a new client seed + server seed as primedice has done many times.
psy112

Activity: 346

psygambler

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 12:31:33 PM

Unibtc was a probably cheating, got caught

And how is it possible for him to cheat?

Bluewaffle (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:34:50 PM

Yes, it seems they changed the encrypted SHA 256 of the server seed without notifying the users and without publishing the secret of the hash.

It seems fishy but I think they just made a mistake not telling the users to generate a new client seed + server seed as primedice has done many times.

Not accusing anyone of anything or it wouldnt be in this section..but just thought this needed to be out there for the people to see...and you got a good point there about primedice...except with this particular incident they did so and didnt reset nonces and theres literally no way to verify the previous bets........

P-Funk

Token

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:35:49 PM

No, the server seed hash shouldn't have changed, and if it did, the server seed itself should have been in the second screenshot.
Stars

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:50:02 PM

This issue has already been resolved, I've spoken with Unibtc about it. But I will explain in detail, what happened for all you people wondering.

Magicaldice has been open for just over 2 weeks, so when Unibtc came to our website and managed to profit 54 BTC there was definitely red flags raised and questions that needed answering. The main concern being that Uni knew exactly when to switch from hi to lo and knew exactly when to change his bet from 1 btc to 2 btc. This happened on probably 25-30 separate occasions which A LOT of people pointed out to us, so it wasn't only us thinking there was something strange going on, it was others too.

Regardless, we still had no proof so we paid out all of his winnings. Although yesterday we did ask him to show us who he is, he gave us his ID, bank statements and also added me on FB with the same name on the statement + ID so everything seemed to check out. We also got him to verify some of his accounts that he played on, on other dice websites. We thought if he could prove he plays a lot on other sites, this would also strengthen the idea that he really is a legitimate player and just got lucky. After all of that, we we're pretty confident maybe he did just get lucky.

Let me bring you back a week or so to when we experienced a pretty big bug. Our dev was fixing a few things to do with roll speed and he accidentally fucked up pretty big. He made it so all rolls would produce the same result, and the nonce would stay the same. We fixed this issue fairly quickly and nobody got harmed since we re-set balances to the amount they were at before the issue occurred. Unibtc was online when this happened and that was where he managed to cash out 3 btc due to constantly winning (because roll was the same) and kindly gave them back to us. Now we forgot all about this until yesterday when we started thinking about it some more and we thought what if a user didn't re-set their seeds since then, maybe it's a possibility that it could have messed up future rolls or somehow leaked the server seed without us realizing it. So for that reason, we thought ok.. it still may be possible Unibtc has some sort of exploit. Maybe he knows the server seed and that's how he knows when to switch from hi to low and when to switch from 1 btc to 2 btc bets. So because of that possibility, which I admit probably was very small we decided to change Unibtc's server seed without telling him. The reason for not telling him was because we wanted to see if he'd continue to bet and if he did continue to bet then it proves to us that he probably is a legitimate player and we're just being paranoid. The correct decision was to message Uni and kindly ask him to re-set his seeds though, which is where we fucked up. We acted on impulse without thinking about it, our thought process was, "there's a possibility he's using an exploit? Ok, let's remove that possibility".

Like I said, I've spoken with Unibtc and although he was mad at first he did eventually understand where I was coming from and accepted my apology for not telling him in advance about re-setting his server seed.

Patejl

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:57:24 PM

-----snip---

So, you can actually change server seeds from the admin panel? That seems quite serious seeing you can change server seed as you do also know what the roll result will be.

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

P-Funk

Token

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:57:31 PM

This issue has already been resolved, I've spoken with Unibtc about it. But I will explain in detail, what happened for all you people wondering.

Magicaldice has been open for just over 2 weeks, so when Unibtc came to our website and managed to profit 54 BTC there was definitely red flags raised and questions that needed answering. The main concern being that Uni knew exactly when to switch from hi to lo and knew exactly when to change his bet from 1 btc to 2 btc. This happened on probably 25-30 separate occasions which A LOT of people pointed out to us, so it wasn't only us thinking there was something strange going on, it was others too.

Regardless, we still had no proof so we paid out all of his winnings. Although yesterday we did ask him to show us who he is, he gave us his ID, bank statements and also added me on FB with the same name on the statement + ID so everything seemed to check out. We also got him to verify some of his accounts that he played on, on other dice websites. We thought if he could prove he plays a lot on other sites, this would also strengthen the idea that he really is a legitimate player and just got lucky. After all of that, we we're pretty confident maybe he did just get lucky.

Let me bring you back a week or so to when we experienced a pretty big bug. Our dev was fixing a few things to do with roll speed and he accidentally fucked up pretty big. He made it so all rolls would produce the same result, and the nonce would stay the same. We fixed this issue fairly quickly and nobody got harmed since we re-set balances to the amount they were at before the issue occurred. Unibtc was online when this happened and that was where he managed to cash out 3 btc due to constantly winning (because roll was the same) and kindly gave them back to us. Now we forgot all about this until yesterday when we started thinking about it some more and we thought what if a user didn't re-set their seeds since then, maybe it's a possibility that it could have messed up future rolls or somehow leaked the server seed without us realizing it. So for that reason, we thought ok.. it still may be possible Unibtc has some sort of exploit. Maybe he knows the server seed and that's how he knows when to switch from hi to low and when to switch from 1 btc to 2 btc bets. So because of that possibility, which I admit probably was very small we decided to change Unibtc's server seed without telling him. The reason for not telling him was because we wanted to see if he'd continue to bet and if he did continue to bet then it proves to us that he probably is a legitimate player and we're just being paranoid. The correct decision was to message Uni and kindly ask him to re-set his seeds though, which is where we fucked up. We acted on impulse without thinking about it, our thought process was, "there's a possibility he's using an exploit? Ok, let's remove that possibility".

Like I said, I've spoken with Unibtc and although he was mad at first he did eventually understand where I was coming from and accepted my apology for not telling him in advance about re-setting his server seed.

But if the server seed was changed, why would it retroactively change the hash on an old bet? And why, if the seed was changed, would the old bet still not have a revealed server seed?
Stars

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:04:40 PM

-----snip---

So, you can actually change server seeds from the admin panel? That seems quite serious seeing you can change server seed as you do also know what the roll result will be.

It may look serious and possibly malicious, but I can promise you those weren't our intentions. Even if they were, as far as I know the only way we could cheat if Unibtc had a pattern and we gave him a seed which messed his pattern up. E.g if he would only roll under 49.5 we would give him a seed that rolls a lot of high numbers. But that's not the case at all because if you've watched Unibtc bet, he doesn't have a pattern. He switches from hi to lo randomly and also bets random amounts.

Stars

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:07:05 PM

But if the server seed was changed, why would it retroactively change the hash on an old bet? And why, if the seed was changed, would the old bet still not have a revealed server seed?

I'm wondering why after changing the server seed it didn't reveal his old server seed on his old bets too. My guess is that since our dev did it manually it didn't update on the bet ID, since it maybe only updates on the bet ID after a player re-sets it. Either way, we made a mistake for sure.  I will get that question answered when our dev comes online though.

Patejl

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:13:01 PM

-----snip---

It may look serious and possibly malicious, but I can promise you those weren't our intentions. Even if they were, as far as I know the only way we could cheat if Unibtc had a pattern and we gave him a seed which messed his pattern up. E.g if he would only roll under 49.5 we would give him a seed that rolls a lot of high numbers. But that's not the case at all because if you've watched Unibtc bet, he doesn't have a pattern. He switches from hi to lo randomly and also bets random amounts.
Yup I understand that you didn't cheat unibtc, but you do have the power to cheat other people , not saying you would but seems shady for you to have that  kind of power. AFAIK most people don't check every one of their bets for fairness, and you have the power to use it to your advantage if you find a HR with a particular stratergy.

▄
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

rz20
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:13:22 PM

I'm wondering why after changing the server seed it didn't reveal his old server seed on his old bets too. My guess is that since our dev did it manually it didn't update on the bet ID, since it maybe only updates on the bet ID after a player re-sets it. Either way, we made a mistake for sure.  I will get that question answered when our dev comes online though.
Maybe the dev changed the seed secret directly in the database to the user unibtc and it is lost now.
Stars

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:17:06 PM

-----snip---

Yup I understand that you didn't cheat unibtc, but you do have the power to cheat other people , not saying you would but seems shady for you to have that  kind of power. AFAIK most people don't check every one of their bets for fairness, and you have the power to use it to your advantage if you find a HR with a particular stratergy.

Every website has that power. It's not like we did it to everyone, we did it to unibtc because we thought it was possible he had the server seed from when the same roll incident happened.

Stars

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:17:36 PM

Maybe the dev changed the seed secret directly in the database to the user unibtc and it is lost now.

Pretty sure he did change it in the database yeah.

xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:22:19 PM

-----snip---

As far as I'm aware all dice site admins have this ability.  They know the server seed which is created by them and have them stored somewhere. Beacuse of the nonce method; unless the user is changing their client seed each roll the admins will be able to predetermine future rolls.

It would be a little unnerving to think they have this information readily available to them. Even without any intentions of cheating their users its quite possible they could leak information about future rolls and inadvertently cause issues.

I know dooglus had been known to look ahead from time to time but stopped when he accidentally gave up information to a better.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: