Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:46:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mining with my laptop  (Read 3358 times)
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:45:48 AM

Mining with your PC/laptop is = burning your PC/laptop
Laptops, or desktops actually, will not earn any bitcoins anymore.  You need an ASIC to earn any amount of bitcoins.  Try looking up Bitmain...they are the only company shipping new units at the moment.

I wouldn't even recommend trying it out on your laptop.  The pool will probably not recognize such a low hashrate and you will just burn your computer out pretty fast.
And i think, ASIC's are also not enough. If you want, you'll need bunch of ASIC's.
pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:58:03 AM

Hey everyone. I want to mine some bitcoins..
the thing is that Idk if I can do that and you said its not worth it..
my pc is: Asus ROG Gl551JW-Ds71
CPU: i7- 4720HQ 2.6 up to 3.6GhZ
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 2GB.
I wanted to know if this computer could earn something for me or not
+ I wanna know how much it can earn for me/lose- less or more how much per day ( if you might guess or know by knowledge )

Second thing:
I have another pc and I will tell you the GPu and the CPu/

CPU: i7 - 5500u 2.4GHZ up  to 3Ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT ( or gtx ) 840M 2GB

Same questions about that laptop. thanks everyone who help Smiley

that specs may be high in laptop or desktop ends but it will not earn you bitcoins mining on that   ....i myself had 4gb amd radeon fixed on my desktop....but it doesnt earns me so much....you have to buy ASIC miner ,see it like an investment which will give u returns....You invest on ASIC miner...You work daily with it and can earn bitcoins more than the bitcoins that your laptop mines......there are also some guys who sells ASIC miners here...get one and hit mining now...Smiley

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 10:56:12 AM

The only devices capable of mining SHA256 coins like Bitcoin or Scrypt coins like Litecoin at a profit, or even close to being able to do so, are ASIC - and there are some older ASIC devices that can no longer mine profitably. This has been true of Scrypt for almost 2 years now, and quite a bit longer for SHA256.

FORGET trying to mine Bitcoin with any GPU, much less any CPU, unless you like giving your money away for no reason to your electric company.

Laptops have ALWAYS been a bad idea for any sort of 24/7 usage in any case, they tend to be too marginal on cooling to survive long-term when used heavily.

Forget trying to mine ANY coin profitably with Intel graphics. VERY low performance, VERY low efficiency, compared to Nvidea or AMD/ATI graphic offerings.
 Even the AMD/ATI and Nvidea graphic cards need to be current-generation or at most one-gen old to be profitable - Nvidea Maxwell or AMD 2xx/3xx offerings depending on the specific coin, though most coins seem to like the Maxwell cards the best right now.

Forget trying to mine ANY coin profitably with ANY CPU, unless the coin is very very new and doesn't have a GPU miner available yet.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:02:18 AM

Nobody pointed this out, but an U3 might not be the best choice...

I was looking in to buying one of those, but it seems they go zombie quite often, slashing your profit... I'd rather go for an S3 or something...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: