Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:38:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: BitForce Jalapeno  (Read 7085 times)
pginvest (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:29:12 PM

Hello All,
After reading some post about jalapeno, i still have the same questions i had before starting read them...

At least till the end of the year i'll have like (at least) 4 or 5 hours/day with free electrical power.
Right now i'm mining with my laptop (Duo P8600 @ 2,4 GHz with GeForce 9600M GS 1 GB and 32 bits Win Vista) with Ufasoft (the only one i can get to work both with gpu and cpu)

My two questions are:
 1- Should i buy the BF jalapeno? How long should it take for me to get it? Is it easy to work with for a non technical user?

2- What's the faster way to mine/get the 15 BTC that it costs? Is there anyway to get like a loan?

I will appreciate any help/comments on this two questions.

Thank you

Am I spamming? Report me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:32:26 PM

Hello All,
After reading some post about jalapeno, i still have the same questions i had before starting read them...

At least till the end of the year i'll have like (at least) 4 or 5 hours/day with free electrical power.
Right now i'm mining with my laptop (Duo P8600 @ 2,4 GHz with GeForce 9600M GS 1 GB and 32 bits Win Vista) with Ufasoft (the only one i can get to work both with gpu and cpu)

My two questions are:
 1- Should i buy the BF jalapeno? How long should it take for me to get it? Is it easy to work with for a non technical user?

2- What's the faster way to mine/get the 15 BTC that it costs? Is there anyway to get like a loan?

Thank you

You can also buy the Jalapeno thru a wire transfer or Paypal. You should be able to just hook it up to your laptop, and start mining (might have to update your mining software first).

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:32:53 PM

did you really read al the threads about it?

nobody knows jack shit about bfls future  products .....

pginvest (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:42:16 PM

did you really read al the threads about it?

nobody knows jack shit about bfls future  products .....
Yup... that why i ask the questions again Tongue
Its more.. know your opinions (once again)

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:50:09 PM

1.) It's up to you if you want to mine. They are going to start shipping out the first pre-orders in the next 4 (maybe 5) weeks. As of right now, you'd be in the back of the line and might not get your order until January 2013. And all of the new SC products will be using EasyMiner. From what I've heard, It's a GUI and you just put in your pool's address, username, and password. It should be "Easy".

2.) Bitinstant is probably the fastest way right now. I've heard that you can usually get the transfers done within a few hours. Bitfloor would be cheaper, but I think they have delayed USD transfers until the end of October.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
pginvest (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:57:27 PM

2.) Bitinstant is probably the fastest way right now. I've heard that you can usually get the transfers done within a few hours. Bitfloor would be cheaper, but I think they have delayed USD transfers until the end of October.
ty mufa23, i'm from Portugal... so it would be Euros Smiley

Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 12:42:56 AM

The free electricity is a moot point as it only draws 4.5W from the USB apparently.

They should be fairly easy in the plug and play respect.
I just paypaled the money from credit card for my orders for that little bit more piece of mind. Although I am in the 10 000 order numbers (I completely forgot about preordering in June) so who knows when I will receive my gear.

Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 04:21:39 AM

No laptops supply 4.5W to one port and very few supply 4.5W to two side by side ports so you'd need an external powered hub.  With ordering now, you'd receive it rather late compared to everyone so the difficulty will be through the roof.  According to BFL's shipping rules, you would get the 4th shipment of them if you're lucky, closer to the 6th realistically.

Even given that, adjusting for future orders, around 1-1.25 year is the payoff period considering shipping and the hub.  It may be worse if tons of people dump on orders after the pre-orders ship and people report that they work and don't break immediately Tongue

Oh btw, running any laptop 24/7 is an incredibly bad idea.  They're not designed to do that.  The CPU fan will wear out and the hard drive will fail a lot sooner.  The sustained heat isn't great for the power adapter either.

So not an idea solution.  You'd be better off finding stuff people want, selling it on the forums for BTC, then sitting on the BTC until long after the split when the price eventually increases.  Speaking of that, watch for my epic video I'm shooting of stuff for sale at my computer hardware and repair shop Cheesy
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 06:31:52 AM

MtGox I guess. I'm not sure how Europeans get their coins.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
shwoop

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 01:18:58 PM

I'm GB but I'm aware MtGox take EURO transfers through Poland.
They seem like the best option to me.

If you're ordering a Jally you might be better off waiting until they're released so you have an idea of the ROI as they sound like they'll have good levels of stock once the pre-orders have been dealt with.
Frequency

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 02:04:56 PM

Hello All,

My two questions are:

Thank you

Huh i am blind because i see 5 questions .. Tongue Tongue Tongue.lol

U better just wait untill they are out there..then put ur money in this project especially if you can,t afford to lose money on it. Roll Eyes

they can go to people with there cash money and instant transfer to wallet works perfect, but they have to know were to search..local onlinemarketplaces are one way.. cash to wallet is one of the most used@ the moment because it,s  anonymous.

COINDER
COINDER
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: