Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:10:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VPS recommendations  (Read 3095 times)
voipone (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 12:05:25 AM

Hi, any recommendations on rock solid VPS service ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WaterTrooper

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

LOOKCOIN

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 02:33:55 AM

Mind if I ask what you will be doing with this VPS?
Epicblood

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 04:52:25 AM

My guess is he will be using it to mine, or host a pool.

1AbYgR1FspHBB5EqyaxX6MrT6jmc7eMVEQ
Looking for Scrypt miner for ML605
Revolutionary MoneyMaking! Build your own cloud miner!
Treacheroso Von Pahnzi

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 05:04:32 AM

best vps, northwest florida!

http://www.flyvps.com/
WaterTrooper

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

LOOKCOIN

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 06:09:55 AM

VPS to mine is not worth it.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 06:31:55 AM

depends on what you are gonna use it for? is payment in btc a requirement for the VPS provider?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
voipone (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 05:44:13 PM

depends on what you are gonna use it for? is payment in btc a requirement for the VPS provider?

Sure, I would like to pay with btc, will be used for a testing voip server.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 06:06:09 PM

see what fits your needs here:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Dedicated.2FVirtual_Server_Hosting

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
stepkrav

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 11:05:22 PM

ask Luceo and/or visit fennec.name
bytedisorder

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 05:29:15 AM

If you want to support the Bitcoin community, my hosting company Bitronic Technologies has some great VPS offerings and we accept Bitcoin. We offer Xen PV/Xen HVM and any flavor of linux you can drum up a working image for. At present we have CentOS, Suse, Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu. Many versions of each OS available. We also offer cPanel/WHM and Plesk Control Panels and Licencing.

Our prices are very competitive!

With full root access, you are in a position to install advanced software and completely personalize virtually anything as though your VPS were a dedicated server without the price of the aforementioned. For simple administration, cPanel can be obtained. If you're running high load websites with an ever increasing quantity of site traffic, but can't yet afford a dedicated server to accommodate the elevated load, then have a look at our cost-effective VPS web hosting plans. A VPS guarantees an insulated hosting atmosphere, with the crucial assets you'll find on a dedicated server. You can rest assured that your allotted CPU, RAM, disk space and traffic, are allotted solely to you. Bitronic Technologies VPS Hosing is located in the Bitronic Technologies datacenter, meaning that your mission-critical applications are backed by our state-of-the art redundant UPS, N+1 CRAC, and enough backup power to last 6 days.

Check out our VPS starting from $29.95 a month here:

https://bitronictech.net/vps-hosting.php

If you don't need cPanel we can drop those packages by 10 dollars a month in price!

Hope  to hear from you soon.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:02:24 AM

If you want to support the Bitcoin community, my hosting company Bitronic Technologies has some great VPS offerings and we accept Bitcoin. We offer Xen PV/Xen HVM and any flavor of linux you can drum up a working image for. At present we have CentOS, Suse, Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu. Many versions of each OS available. We also offer cPanel/WHM and Plesk Control Panels and Licencing.

Our prices are very competitive!

With full root access, you are in a position to install advanced software and completely personalize virtually anything as though your VPS were a dedicated server without the price of the aforementioned. For simple administration, cPanel can be obtained. If you're running high load websites with an ever increasing quantity of site traffic, but can't yet afford a dedicated server to accommodate the elevated load, then have a look at our cost-effective VPS web hosting plans. A VPS guarantees an insulated hosting atmosphere, with the crucial assets you'll find on a dedicated server. You can rest assured that your allotted CPU, RAM, disk space and traffic, are allotted solely to you. Bitronic Technologies VPS Hosing is located in the Bitronic Technologies datacenter, meaning that your mission-critical applications are backed by our state-of-the art redundant UPS, N+1 CRAC, and enough backup power to last 6 days.

Check out our VPS starting from $29.95 a month here:

https://bitronictech.net/vps-hosting.php

If you don't need cPanel we can drop those packages by 10 dollars a month in price!

Hope  to hear from you soon.
Your service seems good except two things:
Xen, offers less performance compared to KVM or containers like lxc, openvz.
Price, its a bit two high.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 10:21:42 AM

It looks like the best VPS offered for BTC so far is :
http://www.buildyourvps.com
I mean the best by price/quality ratio.
Is anyone here using it ? If so, how good they are IRL ?

EDIT. maybe TS will test it for community ?!
I perhaps will do it myself but not this month.

Another good VPS candidate for ... testing ) is
 shelltor.com, although their BTC rate is ... unusual )
both awesome. but i don't understand shelltor's credit/eur/bitcoin/price it seems rather confusing.
but one can get free access, if its for at good reason.

bytedisorder

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 08:31:15 AM

What do you think would be reasonable cost for a VPS considering WHM is 10 bucks a month?

I am flexible, however the servers have been selling at that price.

So if you don't want cPanel the prices are 10 dollars lower per package. Also, I'll offer 25% off to anybody who buys from this forum. Use the promo code VPS25 at checkout. Sound good?
Lip

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 11:11:05 AM

I recommend Bitronic:

https://bitronictech.net/

It's solid and professional service.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 11:13:08 AM

I recommend Bitronic:

Sockpuppet!

warning: bitronictech.net is likely to steal your money.

Lip

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 11:36:44 AM

I recommend Bitronic:

Sockpuppet!

I dont think so. I just registered and that was the first topic I saw. BTW I can post only here.
bytedisorder

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 11:53:19 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2012, 12:03:42 PM by bytedisorder

kokjo,

I have no sockpuppets, and I have never stolen any money. So what the heck are you basing your accusations on?

It's infantile to level a personal accusation like that based on nothing.

Better Business Bureau Rating: A
http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/internet-web-hosting/bitronic-technologies-in-southold-ny-130971/

Trusted Rating on Scam Adviser
http://www.scamadviser.com/is-bitronictech.net-safe.html

You sir are a liar and a charlatan.
bytedisorder

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 11:58:18 AM

Oh and by the way thanks for leaving your feedback Lip, are you one of my clients? If so I'd like to take the time to say thank you for your business. If you are not a customer, I hope to see you at Bitronic Technologies soon!
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 12:01:41 PM

I recommend Bitronic:

Sockpuppet!

I dont think so. I just registered and that was the first topic I saw. BTW I can post only here.
1. bytedisorder promotes whats looks like a honest business, selling expensive vpses with a lot of tech-babble
2. i say that the price is too high, but did not comment on the tech-babble.
3. you(the sockpuppet) a newbie with one post appears, and begins to praise bytedisorder service. (coincidence, i think not. 1-post-noob)
4. i conclude that i business, with proven low moral standards(using sockpuppets is low moral), is likely to wanna steal your money.

the reason why i don't think that this is the first post you saw, is that there are 3 hours between your first post and post before, meaning that this thread was buried under alot of other threads.

bytedisorder

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 12:05:24 PM

I do a regular search of "VPS" and "web hosting" to see if anybody is looking for it. I'm just an evil capitalist trying to feed my wife and baby  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: