Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:42:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I posted some flyers in public downtown yesterday  (Read 7095 times)
nobbynobbynoob (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 09:31:08 PM

The flyers I put up the other day were taken down, either by the weather or by officious "do-gooders". But not to worry, I've gone and put up some more! Grin They are pinned up at strategic bus stops, lamp posts outside neighbourhood convenience stores, etc. I should keep doing this periodically.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RyanRed

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 07:02:30 AM

Way cool man!
nobbynobbynoob (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 11:55:25 AM

Thanks man. Smiley

If it's council officials who took the flyers down, there's almost certainly no bias. I don't see any flyers visible around the city centre so they're probably making some kind of effort at public cleanliness/orderliness or something, a far cry from the situation 30 years ago for sure.

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
mikegogulski

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 02:49:26 PM

I don't actually recall ever seeing They Live, so now you've got me curious. TPB has it, of course.

Dude, that film is core curriculum.

PS: isohunt > TPB

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
tehace

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 03:15:19 PM

Take pics next time you put some up Cheesy

DOGE: DChHzYffNDrMsM9L1GtG14cmp1NUXrEe9Z
nobbynobbynoob (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 06:29:09 PM

Take pics next time you put some up Cheesy

I'll try to remember to take the camera with me! Filming and taping up flyers at the same time is of course a bit tricky...

ErebusBat

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 07:52:58 PM

This is a cool idea, especially when combined with the fiat currency.

It could be one of those things that they see it but it doesn't really register until they get a bill in their hands.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
dustintrammell
VIP

Activity: 156
Merit: 103

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 07:13:41 AM

Assuming there is no law against defacing your money (there probably is for fly posting) just write "bitcoin.org" on all the debt notes that pass through your hands then everyone who uses the money will see it.

Thanks a bunch for the ingenious guerrilla marketing idea. I've just gone ahead and done this for all the euro notes currently in my wallet.

I experimented a bit with different writing instruments, and in the end would recommend using a pencil. It works and looks better (at least on euro notes) than a ballpoint pen, doesn't permeate to the other side of the note as a felt tip pen would, and is erasable in case the payee gives you any grief about your illicit graffiti Cool

I had an ink stamp made years ago...  Much faster for marking large batches of notes (:

Dustin D. Trammell
Twitter: @druidian
PGP: E0DC F55C 9386 1691 A67F FB18 F6D9 5E52 FDA6 6E16
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 07:30:48 AM

Honestly though bitcoin isn't ready from the prime time, it's still too nerdish. It needs to be a phone app that's both hacker proof and so simple your grandma could use it and transactions need to near instantaneous so you can use it in a store.

That is true to an extent. Then again, I consider myself only very mildly nerdish (it's been decades since I've actually written a fully functioning computer program, honest Guv!) yet have not found it too daunting to get into using Bitcoin and grasping the major concepts. The whole notion of a cryptocurrency as a hard e-commodity might be the tricky bit to explain to the unwary.

Then again, it's already been recently said around here that most high-street shops don't deal in gold, yet that substance still trades at $1600/ozt or so. Smiley Bitcoin isn't yet widely accepted but it is increasingly widely accepted.
That's where a third party service like Bitcoin comes in.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:21:12 AM

The posters at http://coinabul.com/promote/ are a good start but not exactly what I'm looking for. I did not manage to locate the poster printing functionality on https://localbitcoins.com/ just yet; perhaps that requires having an advertisement.

Yep, you do need an advertisement, because the flyer is advertising _your_ cash exchange. So it is very useful - you put the flyer to some billboard, some potential customer will spot the flyer, grab your exchange address and buy some bitcoins from you - allowing you to profit. And also excellent way to market bitcoins and help the average Joe to get started with bitcoins right away.

Example, my flyer: http://imgur.com/WPIFp (sorry for the finnish language, my exchange is obviously in Finland)

Edit: and btw, the flyer looks much smoother as original PDF, imgur converts the pdf to crappy quality...

Arto
Donator

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 05:00:51 PM

The posters at http://coinabul.com/promote/ are a good start but not exactly what I'm looking for. I did not manage to locate the poster printing functionality on https://localbitcoins.com/ just yet; perhaps that requires having an advertisement.

Yep, you do need an advertisement, because the flyer is advertising _your_ cash exchange. So it is very useful - you put the flyer to some billboard, some potential customer will spot the flyer, grab your exchange address and buy some bitcoins from you - allowing you to profit. And also excellent way to market bitcoins and help the average Joe to get started with bitcoins right away.

Example, my flyer: http://imgur.com/WPIFp (sorry for the finnish language, my exchange is obviously in Finland)

Thanks for the LocalBitcoins.com flyer sample, that is pretty nifty. No worries about the Finnish, it was perfectly legible Wink

MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 09:02:42 PM

small stickers. aslongs they peel off.
Arto
Donator

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 09:40:24 PM

For those who may not have been watching the spin-off thread regarding guerrilla marketing on paper money, some highlights:

Here my first Canadian dollars ready to be unleashed!

Done!

I hope they are still legal tender  Cheesy

Many good follow-up ideas being bandied about regarding rubber stamps, stickers, QR codes, and whatnot; please join the discussion!

lile

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 10:23:08 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2012, 01:07:48 AM by lile

I'd love to make a giant bitcoin-logo crop circle one day. Imagine the headlines, aliens supporting bitcoin! Anyone up for it? Smiley
Arto
Donator

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 09:35:49 PM

Just noticed some potentially useful flyer designs in the Bitcoin Marketing Cards thread:

My brother and I have been working on some Bitcoin marketing material for the upcoming Students for Liberty conferences in New York City and Boston. We're going to be manning a table there with the good folks from the Free State Project, to try and get the young ones interested in Bitcoin!

We're putting the design work into the public domain and we'd love for people to download it and print their own. We'll also be selling printed material for you to order online. We've got a lot of exciting ideas we're working on, so stay tuned for more! [...]

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: