Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:34:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPC] Is Sunny King (of PPCoin) RealSolid (of SolidCoin)?  (Read 5222 times)
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:25:36 AM

Well....Sunny King is no Satoshi Nakamoto. Wink

But I suspect not a RealSolid either.

1. Sunny King appears to be more than one person. Go over Sunny's posts and you'll see no less than 2, and IIRC, at least 3 different writing styles. (satoshi is widely suspected to have been a group of people, but had one clear voice in public, the writing is the same throughout satoshi's posts)

2. I've have some discussions with RealSolid, and sunny Kin is nowhere near as butthurt about bitcoin. I've not seen Sunny suggest that any of his detractors are members of the "bitcoin church" or any other stupid solid crap like that.

(would you people quit quoting smoothie? many of us ignore him for a damn good reason, mainly, he has nothing relevant to add, and is a trolling asshat)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:28:36 AM

I'm butthurt because smoothie made me look bad at some point in time...i'm also a bitch.

Stop quoting me guys.... as guruvan said.

Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 06:13:24 AM

Please know that a perfect system for freedom of speech actually obligates anonymity. E.g. elections in democratic societies are anonymous.

Uhh the people may cast a vote anonymously, but they are still registered, and the politicians certainly aren't anonymous.

Now with the development of a public good, like a software infrastructure, the creator only has the obligation to release enough information for things to get peer reviewed. And by being open source, ppcoin also has full filled that requirement.

Whatever, this is just a rationalization. I'm not saying it's a requirement to be known, but the fact that every single "leader" of these crypto knock offs have chosen to be anonymous (except coblee, I think), and it's no coincidence that every single knock off is a pyramid just like the original. Quite debatable that it is a public good, after all, when there is so much potential wealth transfer to be had.

Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 05:06:45 AM

Please know that a perfect system for freedom of speech actually obligates anonymity. E.g. elections in democratic societies are anonymous.

Uhh the people may cast a vote anonymously, but they are still registered, and the politicians certainly aren't anonymous.
Are you suggesting that the developers of a cryptocurrency should be compared to politicians?

Now with the development of a public good, like a software infrastructure, the creator only has the obligation to release enough information for things to get peer reviewed. And by being open source, ppcoin also has full filled that requirement.

Whatever, this is just a rationalization. I'm not saying it's a requirement to be known, but the fact that every single "leader" of these crypto knock offs have chosen to be anonymous (except coblee, I think), and it's no coincidence that every single knock off is a pyramid just like the original. Quite debatable that it is a public good, after all, when there is so much potential wealth transfer to be had.
The minting rate is biased towards early adopter profits. However, AFAIK that's a necessity, since it provides an incentive to invest into mining infrastructure at an accelerated rate. The public good aspect is not related to the wealth transfer in bootstrapping the currency, but to it's sustained features.

Which also reminds me of one of the fundamental problems of cryptocurrencies which still has to be resolved. The reward system does not have incentives for cryptocurrency maintenance and improvement. The only incentive developers have is to implicitly benefit from the super-early adopter advantage and hold on to those shares until the cryptocurrency has matured and they can simply act benevolently. However, that doesn't protect the currency from being abandoned by the core developers (pump&dump).
I think they tried to fix this with devcoin.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 06:39:49 AM

Are you suggesting that the developers of a cryptocurrency should be compared to politicians?

wtf bro, you brought it up

The minting rate is biased towards early adopter profits. However, AFAIK that's a necessity, since it provides an incentive to invest into mining infrastructure at an accelerated rate. The public good aspect is not related to the wealth transfer in bootstrapping the currency, but to it's sustained features.

It isn't just biased towards early adopter profits, it's biased against a well-functioning currency. Deflation is stupid, especially at the insane levels required for the bitcoin-ilk to achieve any remote amount of currency market share. It is too early to tell and I'm not about to spend time reading the PPC code or envisioning future scenarios for it, but it seems like it will be even more early-adopter heavy than bitcoin.

Which also reminds me of one of the fundamental problems of cryptocurrencies which still has to be resolved. The reward system does not have incentives for cryptocurrency maintenance and improvement. The only incentive developers have is to implicitly benefit from the super-early adopter advantage and hold on to those shares until the cryptocurrency has matured and they can simply act benevolently. However, that doesn't protect the currency from being abandoned by the core developers (pump&dump).

Tying the cost to produce something more than just supply and demand would be a start. :cough decrits: Tongue

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:41:35 AM

PS At the moment I do not wish to answer questions related to my identity/privacy. So I will ignore all such questions for now.
He just asked if your the SolidCoin guy, nothing else! He didnt ask for ur Realname, Age, Creditcard or whatever!
The denial to talk about the relation of you and RealSolid just prooves that you are it (simple logic!). Someone would only deny this if he knows his Name/Others would be known trough RealSolid. Therefore u just proved that u are RealSolid.

After all i dont care about who you are, all i want to tell you is: there is no reason to hide this! hiding it just makes PPCoin more shady. Be a man and stand for ur mistakes!

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:50:50 AM

#altcoinproblems
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 06:34:22 AM

#altcoinproblems

lol

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
proper_proper (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:28:53 AM

He just asked if your the SolidCoin guy, nothing else! He didnt ask for ur Realname, Age, Creditcard or whatever!
The denial to talk about the relation of you and RealSolid just prooves that you are it (simple logic!). Someone would only deny this if he knows his Name/Others would be known trough RealSolid. Therefore u just proved that u are RealSolid.

After all i dont care about who you are, all i want to tell you is: there is no reason to hide this! hiding it just makes PPCoin more shady. Be a man and stand for ur mistakes!

Exactly, using simple logic we can show that Sunny King is probably Real Solid. Case closed. The prosecution rests. You only live once.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: