Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:56:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scallion, GPU based onion hash generator  (Read 10847 times)
lachesis (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 04:21:58 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2013, 04:58:23 AM by lachesis

I'd like to announce Scallion, an OpenCL vanity .onion address generator. It gets around 600MH/s on a 6870 (similar on a 5770), allowing it to generate an 8-character prefix in just 15 minutes on average. It's written in C# and runs in both Linux (on Mono) and Windows.

Update (23 Nov 2013): I'm now generating vanity .onion addresses for a small fee. See the Scallion as a Service documentation for more details. In particular, 7 and 8 character .onion addresses are free if you send me a dirty limerick featuring Tor in some way. Smiley Contact me through the email given above or with a PM here.

I mentioned this in a thread over in off-topic, but that's not really the right spot for a project announcement.

Features:
1) Blindingly fast - 600MH/s vs. 2MH/s for shallot
2) Performs PKCS #1 v2.1 sanity checks via openssl's RSA_check_key function
3) FOSS - MIT licence
4) Support for 1024, 2048, or 4096 bit keys
5) Estimates time required to generate a key (on average)

Check out the Github page: http://www.github.com/lachesis/scallion
or skip straight to the binaries: https://github.com/downloads/lachesis/scallion/scallion-v0.9.zip

If you have any problems, reply to this thread or open an issue on github.

Donations: 1onion1PNeM2x9LhdqWn6uVFyU2iSpy7M

Bitcoin Calculator | Scallion | GPG Key | WoT Rating | 1QGacAtYA7E8V3BAiM7sgvLg7PZHk5WnYc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 05:00:02 PM

I feel this has been overlooked by a lot of people. This is awesome. Here's some more info, a 5870 does around 1050MH/s. I found an 8 character test in less than 10 seconds, a second one took about 8 minutes which is what it said it should take. This makes it possible to make .onion addresses at lengths up to 10 characters long if you have a few weeks to let it run. Thanks for stepping up and doing this, this is awesome.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:45:47 AM

Interesting.

I wonder if I could I rent out my soon-to-be-obsolete 3x5970 GPU cluster to anyone wanting a .onion vanity address?

That's easy - go to some Tor-related forum and check.

Any good link for such ... ? thnx.

Make a tiny site and advertise it on the Tor hidden wiki
Then go on the silk road forums and pimp your service, or on the tor general mailing lists

I'd buy an onion vanity address for a no paywall research paper and ebook site i'm building
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:04:29 PM

Interesting.

I wonder if I could I rent out my soon-to-be-obsolete 3x5970 GPU cluster to anyone wanting a .onion vanity address?

That's easy - go to some Tor-related forum and check.

Any good link for such ... ? thnx.

Make a tiny site and advertise it on the Tor hidden wiki
Then go on the silk road forums and pimp your service, or on the tor general mailing lists

I'd buy an onion vanity address for a no paywall research paper and ebook site i'm building

This isn't like the vanitypool though. If you had someone else generate you an onion address then they would obviously have the keys to that address and could cause problems for accessing the domain via the tor network.

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
lachesis (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:59:16 AM

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but I've added secure remote generation to Scallion.

I'm now generating vanity .onion addresses for a small fee. See the Scallion as a Service documentation for more details. In particular, 7 and 8 character .onion addresses are free if you send me a dirty limerick featuring Tor in some way. Smiley

Contact me through the email in the documentation above or with a PM here.

Bitcoin Calculator | Scallion | GPG Key | WoT Rating | 1QGacAtYA7E8V3BAiM7sgvLg7PZHk5WnYc
slikes

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:19:27 AM

https://i.imgur.com/5D8gayd.png
shrekzewuarb5ieg.onion
This just made my day.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:43:34 PM

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but I've added secure remote generation to Scallion.

I'm now generating vanity .onion addresses for a small fee. See the Scallion as a Service documentation for more details. In particular, 7 and 8 character .onion addresses are free if you send me a dirty limerick featuring Tor in some way. Smiley

Contact me through the email in the documentation above or with a PM here.

I do it cheaper than him and have references lol, PM me Tongue

donschoe

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Hello Coins

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:55:07 AM

someone told me it takes one month to generate 8-character onion addresses and charged 0.3BTC for that service, so i researched on my own and was able to generate my address in just about 2 hours with an r9 270x.  Tongue

so, great tool thanks. Grin

Not using Tapatalk.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 10:46:21 PM

Anyone here that can help me getting this working? Tongue
Ill generate an address in return Smiley

Got 2 R9 280X cards ready to work Tongue

valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 11:15:56 PM

Take this one https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen  Wink

work perfectly! If you need help let me know in pm.

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:02:03 AM

Take this one https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen  Wink

work perfectly! If you need help let me know in pm.

Is there a windows version?

valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 12:20:24 AM

Yes which address do you want? I can try it for you.

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:50:10 PM

Yes which address do you want? I can try it for you.

I want to be able to do hash my own addresses Smiley
So I just need some help setting it up Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: