Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:06:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that Bitcoin is dying? Should I invest? Where can and how do I buy?  (Read 1200 times)
rusticforester (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 03:53:03 PM

I have seen questions on the forum and it worries me to invest, I have about 8000 USD to invest and would like to know if it is a wise move or I should just keep my money.

Where can and how do I buy Bitcoins?

Thank you
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:04:41 PM

You should be worried. Buying btc as an investment is a gamble.

Worst case scenerio would see your 8 grand turn into 4 grand or less in the future. If you are prepared for this possibility and can afford it then go for it.

Your best bet is to sign up with a bitcoin exchange and buy them there. Other avenues will be more expensive.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
rik2

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:13:07 PM

nope its not true.its just being a little down from somedays but it will sure rise up to the sky soon
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:16:42 PM

Bitcoin is not dead. Rather it is far from it. But, if you dont have the nerve to handle bitcoin's price fluctuation, convert your FIAT to bitcoin and invest part of it into cloud mining. Calculate how much you can make here...

www.cloudmining.website/calculator.php
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:17:37 PM

As rokkyroad mentioned, it is a risk the same as any investment.  If you are willing to accept that you could lose your money then you are good to go but whatever you do don't put everything you have into anything just in case.

There are numerous exchanges out there that you can buy Bitcoin from, look for the long standing ones such as Coinbase, Bitstamp etc, you can search the forum for more information on exchanges and then decide which one suits you best.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

First lesson of bitcoin is to stop listening to others. You will get lots of confident answers to your questions, but no one knows the actual answers about the future of bitcoin. You are better off just buying some coins and spending them the way that God and Satoshi intended. If you like it stick with it and forget the noise coming from equally ignorant sources. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:29:28 PM

bitcoin already died 72x (source: https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries)

but now really: trust only yourself and nobody else. taking responsibility for own desisions is on of core value related to freedem which bitcoins brings. there are lot of news sources, reddit channel, irc, books, videos..just study and you will find out by yourself, if you should invest and ig bitcoin is dying.

you can buy at https://localbitcoins.com/ - actually imho the best and safest way how to obtain some tokens.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:06:14 PM

I have seen questions on the forum and it worries me to invest, I have about 8000 USD to invest and would like to know if it is a wise move or I should just keep my money.

Thank you

Only invest what you can loose this is true for any investment.  Bitcoin is not dead a look at the exchanges, but it could go up or down both are options.  I personally am  in it long term I believe it will be here to last.

But I and anyone could be wrong.  There could be some altcoin that somehow takes over the digital money area (unlikely) and btc worth nothing (again unlikely). 

As far as where to buy what country are you from?  This will effect it most in my opinion.
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:20:47 PM

If you want to invest in bitcoin you have to be patient and cold
The money that you will invest should be savings or un needed money so do not invest with your rent money for example
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 05:30:40 PM

Thank you

If your sole purpose is to make money, no.

Bitcoin is a wonderful technology and there's so much to learn from it. If you find its ecosystem interesting, you should learn more about it and see for yourself.

It doesn't make much sense for me to invest in something you don't understand or believe in.

As for where and how to buy, it depends on your location.
There are a bunch of exchanges where you can transfer fiat funds from your bank and buy bitcoin from others from it.
https://localbitcoins.com/ is also something you should check out.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 06:20:52 PM

Thank you

No, i personally believe bitcoin will bright in the future, but it's depends on yourself, you should to research first if you still doubt to invest.
Check out some bitcoin news site which you can follow bitcoin trend:
- http://www.coindesk.com/
- https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/
- http://cointelegraph.com/

You want to buy bitcoin? Where you come from? LocalBitcoins can give you a facilities which you can buy bitcoin with people around you. Or you can check this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695082.0
rusticforester (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:13:06 PM

Thank you for all your replies.

I think localbitcoins look good and I plan to keep my Bitcoin until the price increases. Not invest in mining, I have read a lot in the last few hours and it appears cloud mining is more risky than just holding bitcoin.

I think also I will use a multisig armory wallet on my machine.

GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:20:04 PM

I think also I will use a multisig armory wallet on my machine.
Better use paper wallet. Create one offline and store all your funds over there. Try not to re-use an address from where fund has been sent out.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 07:29:35 PM

bitcoin "died" so many times in the last years, you can barely count the times Cheesy

Bitcoin at its current value is a good enough to go in late, in my opinion.

rusticforester (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:46:17 PM

bitcoin "died" so many times in the last years, you can barely count the times Cheesy

Thanks, My friend was into bitcoin since 2009 when it started, he made a lot of money mining it. I feel a bit jealous Cheesy
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:09:14 PM

Thanks, My friend was into bitcoin since 2009 when it started, he made a lot of money mining it. I feel a bit jealous Cheesy

Wow, your friend is early adopter, certainly he's rich now, isn't? Cheesy

I feel like lost a train when bitcoin price touch $1000, i know bitcoin for the first time when the end of year 2013.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:15:03 PM

Thank you

Check this website: https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

So according to this website, Bitcoin has died already 72 times. You can even read these obituaries.
So 72 times people have proclaimed the death after different negative events that have happened in Bitcoin's history and the truth is that Bitcoin is still alive. So I hope that I have answered your question and that you have realized that no, Bitcoin is not dying.

This means that you can freely invest your money. The others above me have already explained where you can buy some coins.

Cheers!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:35:26 PM

Do a lot more reading than you already have and then make your own decision. I can't imagine you'll be missing the boat any time soon.

If you do decide to take the plunge quite a few do cost averaging so they buy a certain amount every week or month to even out the volatility.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:48:25 PM

Thank you
8000 $ Is a big amount you can buy yourself mining hardware for this amount and mine bitcoin
rusticforester (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:28:20 PM

Thank you
8000 $ Is a big amount you can buy yourself mining hardware for this amount and mine bitcoin

my friend looked at this.

I could buy 3 x AntMiner S5+ Miners. That would cost me $7000

I would make roughly $1400 per month. - minus electricity I would make $900 per month. now to get my $7000 back, I would need 8 - 9 months. In which time difficulty would have rose so more like 12 - 15 months.

Let alone all the hassle and space. I would get my money back in BTC mining eventually, Or I could just buy 35 BTC now and hope it rises.

please correct me if my math is wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: