Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:00:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "F- America!"  (Read 584 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:19:08 AM

A dangerous incident involving an alleged street race in Beverly Hills was caught on video, but police say they may not be able to take action.
Witnesses recorded the Saturday afternoon incident, which broke out on quiet residential streets, and involved a yellow Ferrari and white Porsche.
Residents say it was then that they were in disbelief as they witnessed the two vehicles driving at speeds they say reached 100 mph down Walden Drive, blowing through intersections, and nearly hitting cars.
“My boys were out in the street biking and it was very scary. They were passing the stop sign several times for a good 20 minutes,” Roya Levian, a witness, said.
Paulette Koumett says she was in her car on a very busy Wilshire Boulevard when she saw the cars racing.
“Completely crazy, because it was, they were going, I saw them on my back mirror and I said, ‘Oh my gosh, they are going so fast,’ ” Koumett said.
Eventually, the Ferrari was seen smoking after reportedly doing burnouts. It returned to a home in the area.
Journalist Jacob Rogers says he tried to ask a man why they were racing and endangering lives, but the man cursed at him and told him to get off the property.
When Rogers tried again another time, he says the man said, “’F-America’ and he threw a cigarette at me and that was before he indicated he could kill me and get away with it.”
Beverly Hills police were called to the scene, but no arrests were made.
Investigators say they’re now trying to confirm whether any laws were broken and are looking into exactly who the drivers are.
Police say the men are from Qatar and may have diplomatic immunity, meaning they cannot be arrested in the U.S. because of an agreement between the two countries.

No one came to the door when CBS2 tried to get their side of the story, but Reporter Rachel Kim saw two men getting out of a sport utility vehicle in back of the house and approached them:
Rachel Kim: “Do you live in this home, sir?”
Unidentified Man: “First of all, I don’t know nothing.”
But as police investigate, residents say they want the racing to come to an end.
“Laws are laws. People are people. I don’t care where they come from,” Levian said.
Police said they took a complaint from residents and were working with the U.S. Department of State in the investigation.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/09/14/dramatic-video-captures-alleged-street-race-in-quiet-beverly-hills-neighborhood/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:18:57 AM

A dangerous incident involving an alleged street race in Beverly Hills was caught on video, but police say they may not be able to take action.
Witnesses recorded the Saturday afternoon incident, which broke out on quiet residential streets, and involved a yellow Ferrari and white Porsche.
Residents say it was then that they were in disbelief as they witnessed the two vehicles driving at speeds they say reached 100 mph down Walden Drive, blowing through intersections, and nearly hitting cars.
“My boys were out in the street biking and it was very scary. They were passing the stop sign several times for a good 20 minutes,” Roya Levian, a witness, said.
Paulette Koumett says she was in her car on a very busy Wilshire Boulevard when she saw the cars racing.
“Completely crazy, because it was, they were going, I saw them on my back mirror and I said, ‘Oh my gosh, they are going so fast,’ ” Koumett said.
Eventually, the Ferrari was seen smoking after reportedly doing burnouts. It returned to a home in the area.
Journalist Jacob Rogers says he tried to ask a man why they were racing and endangering lives, but the man cursed at him and told him to get off the property.
When Rogers tried again another time, he says the man said, “’F-America’ and he threw a cigarette at me and that was before he indicated he could kill me and get away with it.”
Beverly Hills police were called to the scene, but no arrests were made.
Investigators say they’re now trying to confirm whether any laws were broken and are looking into exactly who the drivers are.
Police say the men are from Qatar and may have diplomatic immunity....

The car does not have diplomatic immunity.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:34:48 AM

If a individual has Diplomatic Immunity, the peoples of the land providing that Diplomatic Immunity should have Domestic Immunity regarding their interactions with that individual.

Of course, that is just my silly reaction to a ridiculous situation.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 08:00:51 AM

Ha, yeah, but does the property of the diplomats remain untouchable?

The reality is shit like this happening should not be excused away for diplomatic immunity, or any reason. The neighborhood could make that families life very difficult if they wanted to. Sometimes that's what needs to happen to get the proper authorities to respond. Imagine if a few thousand people protested out side the house - a peaceful sit-in of sorts. The news crews would show up, find out who the diplomat is, cause embarrassment for that person and their country...

Shaming someone into better behaviour is still possible...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:54:47 PM

The reality is shit like this happening should not be excused away for diplomatic immunity, or any reason. The neighborhood could make that families life very difficult if they wanted to. Sometimes that's what needs to happen to get the proper authorities to respond. Imagine if a few thousand people protested out side the house - a peaceful sit-in of sorts. The news crews would show up, find out who the diplomat is, cause embarrassment for that person and their country...

Bestest idea ever. Honor is still a very precious commodity for them and their family name.

I feel sad for that LaFerrari though. No respect at all. That thing was in pain at the end of the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVhIGUADuPM

Sad

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 08:12:04 PM

I never understood why we have diplomatic immunity,from time to time its always some jerk off exploiting it to get off on some serious charges.
We had a guy in Canada that kept getting pulled over drunk behind the wheel and nothing could be done. The guy got called back to Russia and we where saved that way,otherwise he most likely kill some one.

Whats the purpose of it? A joy ride through a Country for what!
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 08:31:35 PM

Bestest idea ever. Honor is still a very precious commodity for them and their family name.

I feel sad for that LaFerrari though. No respect at all. That thing was in pain at the end of the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVhIGUADuPM

Sad

Thanks. Ostracizing people for really obnoxious behaviour has effects to last a lifetime!

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:21:13 AM

QATARI PRINCE FLEES AFTER FERRARI DRAG RACE IN L.A.

A prince from Qatar has fled the United States after allegedly drag racing through Beverly Hills and being denied diplomatic immunity from prosecution.

Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad al Thani of Qatar’s ruling family, who is in his twenties, was videotaped running stop signs as he raced through residential neighborhoods in the city, prompting an investigation. When police questioned him, Al Thani denied he had driven recklessly and claimed diplomatic immunity, according to the Los Angeles Times.

According to Beverly Hills police Chief Dominick Rivetti, the police consulted the U.S. State Department and the Qatar consulate and concluded Al Thani had no immunity from prosecution.

The video was posted online by Adam Bornstein, a car enthusiast.The police could not determine who was driving the cars, according to Lt. Lincoln Hoshino.

Al Thani has spent millions of dollars to support Al-Anabi Racing, a professional drag-racing team. Del Worsham, Al-Anabi’s Funny Car driver, said in 2009, “For Khalid this isn’t about selling more soda. It’s about making Qatar a major player in worldwide drag racing. To do that he realizes he’s got to first become a major player on the U.S. circuit.” Al Thani spent an estimated $10 million on the team in 2009.

Al Anabi won championships in top fuel in 2010, 2011 and 2013 using three different drivers. But in January, Al Thani’s estimated annual $10 million sponsorship suddenly disappeared; drag-racing crew chief Alan Johnson said Al Thani had “terminated funding,” which was “completely unexpected.”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2015/09/18/qatari-prince-flees-ferrari-drag-race-l/

--------------------------------------
Nice looking yellow McLaren P1. But that's not a yellow Laferrari...
 Roll Eyes

Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:30:48 PM

I wanna try that.  I bet it was a fun ride

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: