Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:49:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Logging into Bitcointalk  (Read 327 times)
Mayer Amschel (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:03:12 AM

Hello guys, Mayer here.

Just a suggestion i have and im sure many of you will agree;

If we happen to not have our password saved for auto login, and accidentally make a typo in our password we have to wait 45 seconds.

Maybe we can have like three chances to type in our password before automatically making us wait.

Hours
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:05:30 AM

This should be in Meta

The wait time is for bruteforcing protection, I think. If it lets you input a password 3 times in a row before waiting, it makes the hacker discover the password faster. It's also a better DoS protection.
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:08:38 AM

Hello guys, Mayer here.

Just a suggestion i have and im sure many of you will agree;

If we happen to not have our password saved for auto login, and accidentally make a typo in our password we have to wait 45 seconds.

Maybe we can have like three chances to type in our password before automatically making us wait.

Thats the waiting time to insure the security of Forum disallowing you to try maximum number of Permutation and combination.
Anyways i don't think the time should be reduced lesser than 45 seconds.

jack01

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:34:27 PM

I agree with topic author. Its really takes a lot of time sometimes if you dont remember your pass..

Better captcha after third unsuccessful authorization...   

But some people trading on this forum so security should be on 1 position.  Tongue
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:04:08 PM

But some people trading on this forum so security should be on 1 position.  Tongue

Exactly. And a hacked DT account could make quite a bit of damage...

If you have issues with the password have it reset. And stake an address to your account in case something happens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: