Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:57:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everyone going to invest in LTC GPU mining bonds now? Options?  (Read 1639 times)
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 08:25:17 PM

Now that LTC is blowing up and the difficulty is growing like crazy(and if history is a good indicator, the price as well), I'd like to know where people are putting their money. And what the alternatives are in our post-GLBSE world in terms of exchanges.

Also, since it looks like all the GPU farms are going to be slowly switching over to LTC mining to continue profitability, if any one can make some recommendations of productive ex-BTC miners moving over to LTC who offer shares/bonds that would be great.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 09:54:24 PM

GPU farms are going to be slowly switching over to LTC mining

I've heard this before, but I was under the impression you could only cpu mine litecoin. Judging by the network speed, it looks like no one is gpu mining..
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 11:06:32 PM

LMAO someone owns a bunch of litecoins.
AngryCatfish

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 11:15:28 PM

When litecoin first released it was cpu but awhile ago went gpu. I have a feeling a few people have the vast majority of litecoin waiting for them to get higher in price.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 11:23:11 PM

Now that LTC is blowing up and the difficulty is growing like crazy(and if history is a good indicator, the price as well), I'd like to know where people are putting their money. And what the alternatives are in our post-GLBSE world in terms of exchanges.

Also, since it looks like all the GPU farms are going to be slowly switching over to LTC mining to continue profitability, if any one can make some recommendations of productive ex-BTC miners moving over to LTC who offer shares/bonds that would be great.

Thanks

one option for investing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101694.0

I've heard this before, but I was under the impression you could only cpu mine litecoin. Judging by the network speed, it looks like no one is gpu mining..

Actually the network is flush with GPU miners.  That's why the network speed is so high.  You have to remember scrypt mining is measured in KH/s not MH/s. 
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 01:50:10 PM

LMAO someone owns a bunch of litecoins.

I own 0 litecoins. I've just been reading up on the alt chains recently and recently the price of litecoins has risen a lot, and I'm curious to see how this all plays out with everything coming to a head here with asics, the bitcoin reward halving, and all these GPU miners getting pushed out of bitcoin mining.

I wouldn't recommend buying litecoins anyway at this point. Maybe back a few months ago or something if I actually knew what these alt chains were all about(scamish/crap for the most part) I might have considered buying a small amount for speculative purposes. But really litecoin only ever becomes big if something really bad happens to bitcoin or SHA-2.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:48:04 PM

Personally, I would rather do my own mining than buy "mining bonds".

Aside from the risk of having to trust the miner, and also trust the exchange if there is one involved, I enjoy building the hardware, figuring out the software, and seeing it do the work of mining.  Paying someone to mine for me takes a lot from it.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: