Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Caelus;We will send a bitcoin satellite to space! ESCROW  (Read 8910 times)
MovieBTC

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:10:49 AM

Well, unfortunately space is a harsh environment...

RPI will die in a couple of months, rad-hard electronics are needed,etc.. Also space-class amplifiers/transmitters are very expansive.

If this goes on, then I strongly suggest to pay some enterprise to launch it. A rocket per si is dangerous enough, a home made rocket is very risky. Also you will have a lot of troubles with government and airspace clearance to launch.

a RPI would survive longer in a protective environment (I.e inside the satelite) i also think that a RPI or, as you said a ''tweaked'' one would be a good idea for this, considering you could save like 5k Euro on it haha.

as for the structure you posted, it's a good start.

i will be fun to see where this goes, would be fun to see BTC in space Smiley

Code: Hello
Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 10:48:38 AM

maybe i should stitch some patches to fund some parts haha ?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 04:37:59 PM

Hope this works out and you keep the thread updated with the progress and whatever things you'll be needing. I'm sure there's a lot of things to be considered...

i currently have my Eye's on the structure itself, but i'm currently researching memory, Need to get the lowest power consumption possible (if we want more then 100-300 GB) and still be up to the task.

i've found great sensors for Heat which could be used to measure the temperature.

there's still A LOT to go, but i hope more people will join in soon Smiley

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:38:53 PM

Let me just butt in because I'm very curious but who do you expect to fund this venture?

What makes it different or desirable against DSS (Dunvegan Space Systems) existing project?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:50:53 PM

Fantastic project ,i cant help i am not expert from areas what you need,maybe in future we can have bitcoin internet,could be great  for people with poor internet connection

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:56:24 PM

Am I the only one that is thinking this?!

What benefit does putting a satellite for a bitcoin node into space do?  What would people be getting back in return for being apart of this project, etc.?

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 05:09:19 PM

Am I the only one that is thinking this?!

What benefit does putting a satellite for a bitcoin node into space do?  What would people be getting back in return for being apart of this project, etc.?

A Node itself won't do much, that's why we're adding sensors to collect data which could be used by anyone to anything they want.

The project itself should get a lot of media coverage which is never bad.

Bitcoin will literally be a part of space Smiley

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:23:07 PM

Hey, why aim for the Thermosphere ? ..... This thing should go to Mars with the people who will be going there --> https://www.nasa.gov/content/nasas-journey-to-mars

Having a node on another planet, under full control of humans, would be a great leap for Bitcoiners.  Roll Eyes ... When they settle there, they can use Bitcoin as the official currency

for trade. Imagine sending inter stellar transfers to other planets for people rendering services {programming .. etc} from Mars. Go big or go home.  Grin

Wouldn't collectively working together in the harsh environment be paramount for their survival, with the use of any currency being at the bottom on the list if listed at all? Hell, for that matter, developing games for the expat Martians to play during their non-working hours should also be on the list to further secure their survival. While we're at it, include botsex, drugs and rock-and-roll, then we could push Martian-crypto toward the top of the list so to facilitate commerce for said endeavors.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 05:40:24 PM

It is also Possible to Send a Bitcoin transaction over a Radio Frequency. by other words. you could literally bunch a Transaction with a radio onto the satellite and the satellite would bounce it to a computer which would pic up the code a broadcast it.

(you wouldn't need a internet connection to send a transaction, just a radio which is capable of bouncing it of the satellite)

pretty cool

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:46:01 PM

I am amazed by the idea, and i will keep an eye out for this one. I will also try to find some funds to add to this cause once
i see that it's going to be really done. I mean node in space - that would give us place on some media, which is always a nice thing!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:50:00 PM

Good idea to send out a node in space however, due to intense radiation, you should consider on looking for materials/equipment that can pretty much sustain intensive exposure to radiation for a long time. If not, give it a couple of months and the node will wear down faster than expected.

Will keep an eye out on this thread. Hope this gets enough attention and be executed in the future! Cheesy

chennan
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:58:27 PM

It is also Possible to Send a Bitcoin transaction over a Radio Frequency. by other words. you could literally bunch a Transaction with a radio onto the satellite and the satellite would bounce it to a computer which would pic up the code a broadcast it.

(you wouldn't need a internet connection to send a transaction, just a radio which is capable of bouncing it of the satellite)

pretty cool

Yeah I agree, it's a pretty cool idea and that process itself would be pretty cool... but idk if it's $120K cool.  Using a satellite to transfer funds over radio frequency itself is an awesome concept, I just don't think that it will have any use because if bitcoin is a internet currency in general, there is no need for radio frequencies to be used because the internet isn't going anywhere...

I guess I'm just not seeing the full capabilities of this yet, will be monitoring the progress though! Any news is good news for bitcoin, the more public bitcoin becomes the better it is for the currency in general.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 05:58:47 PM

Good idea to send out a node in space however, due to intense radiation, you should consider on looking for materials/equipment that can pretty much sustain intensive exposure to radiation for a long time. If not, give it a couple of months and the node will wear down faster than expected.

Will keep an eye out on this thread. Hope this gets enough attention and be executed in the future! Cheesy

Hey, I have already found the exact material we need for protective casing against radiation, the case "structure" will be the first goal to get, with that we can start working on what to include and so, it also comes with perfectly PCBs to build on which matches the "box"

I am amazed by the idea, and i will keep an eye out for this one. I will also try to find some funds to add to this cause once
i see that it's going to be really done. I mean node in space - that would give us place on some media, which is always a nice thing!

So am I, I'm actually thinking of starting a Kickstar campaign, among various things to raise funds.

About sending transactions with radio frequencies, imagine, the first transaction to be bounced by a radio, on to a Bitcoin Satelite and broadcasted.
You could use a small radio to broadcast the TX to a command station which would later bounce it to the Satelite, making it more viable to everyone.

chennan
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 06:02:33 PM

About sending transactions with radio frequencies, imagine, the first transaction to be bounced by a radio, on to a Bitcoin Satelite and broadcasted.
You could use a small radio to broadcast the TX to a command station which would later bounce it to the Satelite, making it more viable to everyone.

Yeah this could be useful for 3rd world countries that don't have internet, other than that I don't really see any other cause or need for this to be successful.  I'm not trying to rain on everyones parade in this thread, I'm just having trouble seeing the benefits...

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 06:35:46 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 07:18:34 PM by Sakarias-Corporation

Yeah this could be useful for 3rd world countries that don't have internet, other than that I don't really see any other cause or need for this to be successful.  I'm not trying to rain on everyones parade in this thread, I'm just having trouble seeing the benefits...

beside the Node / Raido bouncing.

take a look at the other things which would be included, Radiation sensor, Temperature sensor, and other sensors. All Data from space, is valuable data Smiley

Media title;   Bitcoin Provides Free Data from space!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 09:35:52 PM

I've contacted a guy whom wrote a topic on broadcasting a TX over radio, hopefully he's onboard Smiley

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6653

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 12:15:35 AM

I like this project. Will be following.

Also, for the note to function, we will need the satellite to connect to various ground stations around the world so it constantly stays up to date. We could probably set up a network of volunteers who would broadcast and receive data from the satellite and publish it to the internet.

Also, I know an aerospace engineer (rocket scientist) so I will see if I can get him in on this.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 10:51:33 AM

Also, for the note to function, we will need the satellite to connect to various ground stations around the world so it constantly stays up to date. We could probably set up a network of volunteers who would broadcast and receive data from the satellite and publish it to the internet.

Also, I know an aerospace engineer (rocket scientist) so I will see if I can get him in on this.

Exactly, we'll need people to revive the data on every continent to have a 24/7 uplink.

That would be great!

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:07:03 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 11:34:23 AM by HI-TEC99

Wouldn't the time delay between the satellite node transmitting and the receiver nodes on Earth receiving make the satellite node always out of sync with all Earth base nodes? I'm no electronics/radio expert, but a cubesat couldn't have a very powerful transmitter considering its size. Can tiny transmitters transmit reliably at high speed over the vast distances from orbit back to Earth?

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 11:18:43 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 01:54:52 PM by Sakarias-Corporation

Wouldn't the time delay between the satellite node transmitting and the receiver nodes on Earth receiving make the satellite node always out of sync with all Earth base nodes? I'm no electronics/radio expert, but a cubesat couldn't have a very powerful transmitter considering its size. Can tiny transmitters transmit reliably at high speed over vast the distances from orbit back to Earth?

a Full Node requires ~ Internet connection with upload speeds of at least 400 kilobits (50 kilobytes) per second.

a Cubesat can have a very powerful transmitter, it depends on how you build it, a standard Cubesat S-band transmitter Transmission data rates up to 2 Mbps. but there are way more powerful ones which could be used instead.

i've also checked up more on launching. there are apparently way cheaper alternatives then the 120k i mentioned earlier, it seems to depend on the company situation really, and it can vary from 40-120k

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: