Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:11:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation Caelus;We will send a bitcoin satellite to space! ESCROW  (Read 8910 times)
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:10:09 PM

Hey, why aim for the Thermosphere ? ..... This thing should go to Mars with the people who will be going there --> https://www.nasa.gov/content/nasas-journey-to-mars

Having a node on another planet, under full control of humans, would be a great leap for Bitcoiners.  Roll Eyes ... When they settle there, they can use Bitcoin as the official currency

for trade. Imagine sending inter stellar transfers to other planets for people rendering services {programming .. etc} from Mars. Go big or go home.  Grin

Classic example of why we need sidechains - communication is too slow and too unreliable for people to mine the same blockchain on Mars that they're mining on Earth.  Even with newer technology and optimized communication speeds, with minimized interference, there would be constant forks at best.  And then there could be regular communications blackouts depending on the relative positions of the planets, so I don't think it would work.  You'd need separate blockchains.

When people go to Mars, they would need to send their bitcoins to the Mars sidechain.  Their transaction will take a while to reach Mars, but it will get there long before they do.  Then they'll have coins on the Mars blockchain.

Then when they're ready to come back to Earth, they send their coins back from the sidechain to the original Bitcoin blockchain on Earth.

That's some real sci-fi optimism you got going on there buddy... maybe by then we could time travel back to 2009 to invest heavily into bitcoin so we'll be rich now Smiley But seriously... that would be awesome if people really do end up going to Mars with new politics, philosophy, and way of doing business there. Hurry up and be year 2050 already!!

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:20:53 PM

i've managed to get a Kickstarter campaign up and running for the structure !
What is the link?

I think we should include two computers, the raspberry pi and an actual board designed for satellites for the flight system. That flight computer can also control the power to the raspberry pi in case the raspi should crash or die at some point.

This site appears to be quite helpful for components: http://www.cubesatkit.com/

Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:28:26 PM

i've managed to get a Kickstarter campaign up and running for the structure !
What is the link?

I think we should include two computers, the raspberry pi and an actual board designed for satellites for the flight system. That flight computer can also control the power to the raspberry pi in case the raspi should crash or die at some point.

This site appears to be quite helpful for components: http://www.cubesatkit.com/

That's actually a good idea to have a backup computer.

here it is https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/811726885/cubesat-brodcasting-a-bitcoin-node-in-space-and-fe

i've also made a BTC address in the OP incase people want contribute with BTC

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:32:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBllP5dPSHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZzmcNB_1Tc

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:35:53 PM

This is not entirely the same thing, but it's great that more people are working on things like these Cheesy !

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:44:06 PM

How did you determine the the goal for the kickstarter campaign?

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:47:58 PM

How did you determine the the goal for the kickstarter campaign?

The Main goal with this Kickstarter campaign is Mainly to get the Cubesat structure and the PCB's that comes with it, so we can start building and planing from there. by acquiring the first part we're sure to fix the other later on once people see that we are fully serious about this project.
i didn't want to make a kickstarter campaign starting out with asking for 5-10x times that amount.
sorry if it wasn't clear in the campaign, i'll fix that soon then Smiley

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 09:54:16 PM

i've updated the OP with Kickstarter link and the first goal

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:37:21 PM

I'm not goin' be critical of your endeavor, but please clean up the grammar - mainly capitalization - because it reflects badly on you, in turn, those in the cryptocurrency space (no pun intended). Thanks, bud, with wishing you luck. Godspeed.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:39:36 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 11:19:57 PM by Sakarias-Corporation

I'm not goin' be critical of your endeavor, but please clean up the grammar - mainly capitalization - because it reflects badly on you, in turn, those in the cryptocurrency space (no pun intended). Thanks, bud, with wishing you luck.

Sorry it's a very very bad habit, i used to have tons of binds on SHIFT and almost every  third click i did was with shift pushed down. stupid thing got stuck. i'll clean it up.

if you guys like to idea and simply wanna help, a nice comment of any kind would help on the Kickstarter campaign to push it to the top.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/811726885/cubesat-brodcasting-a-bitcoin-node-in-space-and-fe

i updated the OP with the first goal.

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:43:01 AM

Make sure you put some way to update software on it if that's possible...wouldn't want it running outdated software.
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:00:26 AM

You should do a reward that give access to it. Like a user. I will be more than happy to help if I could access part of it later.  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 11:27:15 AM

You should do a reward that give access to it. Like a user. I will be more than happy to help if I could access part of it later.  Grin

That is actually a good idea, since it's going to be for the community

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 11:40:18 AM

I think only a few operators who know what they are doing should be able to access it. For security. The reward can be the user get read only access and can send whatever data and commands they want to send up to an operator who makes sure that it is OK to send the data.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:06:43 PM

I think only a few operators who know what they are doing should be able to access it. For security. The reward can be the user get read only access and can send whatever data and commands they want to send up to an operator who makes sure that it is OK to send the data.

there could be a reward as ''use the cubist for 1 day (with supervision)'' a lot of companies do that

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

Anyone got any ideas how we can raise funds ?

Currently I can get "mission patches" to give out to people and "send your name to space" and "your name on a contribution website"

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 07:31:32 PM

I've made a Twitter account to spread the word! https://twitter.com/BitcoinCubesat you can support the project by retweeting or follow Smiley

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 07:49:01 PM

Currently I can get "mission patches" to give out to people and "send your name to space" and "your name on a contribution website"
If some interesting instruments such as a camera are included then maybe saying a reward is to get access to that instrument.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 07:51:44 PM

If some interesting instruments such as a camera are included then maybe saying a reward is to get access to that instrument.

That wold be a good idea, there are some Good cameras Designed for Cubesats, but we have to consider the power consumption, but then again, there's always a option to add another 1U for extras

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 07:55:43 PM

That wold be a good idea, there are some Good cameras Designed for Cubesats, but we have to consider the power consumption, but then again, there's always a option to add another 1U for extras
I think the satellite would need to be 2U in order to have enough space for everything. It looks like a raspberry pi, backup computer, hard drive and batteries would take up most of the space in a 1U.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: