Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:57:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTS: My Bandwidth...?  (Read 1330 times)
ccohen322 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 12:59:28 AM

Hi!

Just joined the site recently and am loving it so far. Great community and I'm learning a ton.
I've been thinking about potential methods to earn some extra BTC on the side and realized that maybe I could sell some of my incredible bandwidth capabilities that I have access to. It's unlimited, and never throttled. I'm not sure exactly what you'd need it for, perhaps you'd like me to download and reupload large files for you to another site? You tell me, and offer how ever much you think is fair for the service that I can do for you.
Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any ideas...
Peace Smiley

My Bandwidth (uploads can often be even faster!)

https://i.imgur.com/FUyYI.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jfreak53

Activity: 298
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 01:27:28 AM

Actually nothing, I mean nothing is ever truly unlimited BW. What is your port speed? 10Mbps port speed is 3TB a month of possible transfer Wink since the max you can download per second in thru put is 1220kBytes:
http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?190395-10Mbps-how-many-KB-sec
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=472249

That being said you said two totally different things. You said one you had unlimited, this is not possible since each and every Network card has a limit Per second which in turn limits your total available monthly upload AND download possible in that card, you can break the speed limit of a card. Second thing you said is unmetered, this IS possible since a lot of NOCs don't meter bandwidth meaning they don't watch how much you download and upload, no throttling.

But there is nothing as true as unlimited ever. So the question remains what are your port speeds per second?

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!
ccohen322 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:49:59 AM

Actually nothing, I mean nothing is ever truly unlimited BW. What is your port speed? 10Mbps port speed is 3TB a month of possible transfer Wink since the max you can download per second in thru put is 1220kBytes:
http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?190395-10Mbps-how-many-KB-sec
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=472249

That being said you said two totally different things. You said one you had unlimited, this is not possible since each and every Network card has a limit Per second which in turn limits your total available monthly upload AND download possible in that card, you can break the speed limit of a card. Second thing you said is unmetered, this IS possible since a lot of NOCs don't meter bandwidth meaning they don't watch how much you download and upload, no throttling.

But there is nothing as true as unlimited ever. So the question remains what are your port speeds per second?

Gotcha, I apologize for my lacking knowledge. I'll be honest and tell you that I don't have too much experience with networking and am not quite sure how to measure my port speeds per second (I was really just thinking anyone who might have a use for an upload service or something of that nature would contact me).
jduck1987

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:41:51 AM

You could make a good bit if you ran some private proxy servers. I don't know what your ip address availability is, but you could runs the proxy server (something like Squid3) on an older machine with minimal electrical use.
jfreak53

Activity: 298
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 01:10:46 PM

Based on your test above I would fair to say it's probably a 100Mbps port. Which means you have 30TB a month BW Wink

█ █ microtronixdc.com - Performance VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Full-Rack options!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 05:28:40 PM

OMG LETS TROLL THIS GUY BECAUSE NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE ROFL!  But, regardless its a lot, I think that's what the poster meant.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 06:11:07 PM

OMG LETS TROLL THIS GUY BECAUSE NOTHING IS ABSOLUTE ROFL!  But, regardless its a lot, I think that's what the poster meant.

lol yea, more like 'all you can eat' than 'unlimited' but still, pretty inconsiderate to bash a user who just signs up that day to post a valuable service.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: