Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:26:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Promoting bitcoin - "Pay Less with Bitcoin"  (Read 1169 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 11:42:09 AM

I was thinking maybe there could be a project where we encourage web stores to take Bitcoin as payment and offer a discount (like 3%, about paypal's fees) for those who purchase with bitcoin. In addition, the official 'Pay Less with bitcoin' site will showcase stores and give out free advertising, and could develop easy to use and integrate plugins and APIs to make accepting bitcoins be something that takes around a hour to set up and get working.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
localhost

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:22:53 PM

I'd be interested in this when my site is ready to accept payments (would be something like 6 months from now, though: it's freemium and for the moment only the free part is up Wink). I hope whoever runs this project doesn't forget about local businesses, too (for instance my site is targeted at a specific country only, for the moment at least).

-
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 04:20:50 AM

Try "It's cheaper in Bitcoin" --- much catchier.

Bia Yao Ma

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 05:27:44 AM

Try "It's cheaper in Bitcoin" --- much catchier.

That's a good one.
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:47:35 PM

I think you should quietly make write the scripts for this type of advertising... later.

But right now, work on a nice logo and get a website going where vendors can snag the branding / graphics / whatever else.
There should be plenty of artistic folks who'd help with this.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 04:26:15 PM

I was thinking maybe there could be a project where we encourage web stores to take Bitcoin as payment and offer a discount (like 3%, about paypal's fees) for those who purchase with bitcoin. In addition, the official 'Pay Less with bitcoin' site will showcase stores and give out free advertising, and could develop easy to use and integrate plugins and APIs to make accepting bitcoins be something that takes around a hour to set up and get working.

Just make sure you explain to them all the fees the exchanges will charge them to exchange BTC to USD or EUR and to withdraw fiat to their bank.
And don't forget to tell them that they should go sell the bitcoins in a hurry, preferably as soon as they get them(which is impossible because of the network confirmations needed before they can spend them and before any exchange let's them sell the BTC) or else they risk to lose 20%.

You still think they should give a 3% discount for paying with Bitcoin? Think again.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 05:54:40 AM

Just make sure you explain to them all the fees the exchanges will charge them to exchange BTC to USD or EUR and to withdraw fiat to their bank.
And don't forget to tell them that they should go sell the bitcoins in a hurry, preferably as soon as they get them(which is impossible because of the network confirmations needed before they can spend them and before any exchange let's them sell the BTC) or else they risk to lose 20%.

You still think they should give a 3% discount for paying with Bitcoin? Think again.

If a vendor -wants- bitcoin though it saves them CC fees plus the fees involved with buying coins with old monies. And there are more and more reasons to want bitcoin all the time.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 12:29:55 PM

If a vendor -wants- bitcoin though it saves them CC fees plus the fees involved with buying coins with old monies. And there are more and more reasons to want bitcoin all the time.

If they want bitcoin and they own a store then one wouldn't need to encourage them to accept it, they would do it by themselves.
See what I mean?
localhost

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 08:32:14 PM

If they want bitcoin and they own a store then one wouldn't need to encourage them to accept it, they would do it by themselves.
See what I mean?
Meh... I think the idea is to give an extra incentive for stores who already accept Bitcoin to encourage their visitors to pay in Bitcoins. For this 3% discount they get free promotion at this "cheaper in Bitcoins" site. (and also ideally the "cheaper in Bitcoins" site provide materials to educate visitors about Bitcoin, too)

-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: