Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:47:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Point of Sale - WalletBit  (Read 3874 times)
coincollectingenterprises

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 09:30:27 PM

Design Look:

https://walletbit.com/pos/wallet

Something about orange is throwing me off. Green is the color of money. Orange is like a pumpkin. The buttons could be okay but that giant orange bar at the bottom plays tricks on my eyes.

Page addition:

Would strongly recommend adding at least to the bottom of every page in your footer an "about us" page and "contact us" page.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 11:54:54 PM

Design Look:

Something about orange is throwing me off. Green is the color of money. Orange is like a pumpkin. The buttons could be okay but that giant orange bar at the bottom plays tricks on my eyes.

Page addition:

Would strongly recommend adding at least to the bottom of every page in your footer an "about us" page and "contact us" page.

This.

But still the design is delicious.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 11:57:54 PM

This looks great. It seems like a complete billing system for a small business. One problem in the EU is that it should support the IRS audit files, or else it's nothing more than a duplicate of the real billing system every business should have.
Kris (OP)
Donator

Activity: 640

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:09:13 PM

Design Look:

Got my inspiration from the bitcoin logo, I will see what I can do about it, thanks.

Page addition:

Done. good idea, thank you.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:09:35 PM

Design Look:

Page addition:

This.

But still the design is delicious.

Smiley
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 03:12:14 PM

This looks great. It seems like a complete billing system for a small business. One problem in the EU is that it should support the IRS audit files, or else it's nothing more than a duplicate of the real billing system every business should have.

It will be an almost complete billing system, in the way that it will complement their current system, be that Microsoft Dynamics, ERP or CRM system.
ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 08:47:11 PM

Design Look:

I like it. Green is the color of the money only in some country: in Europe Euro ranges from blu to yellow, and so is for many other countries; and orange is the bitcoin logo color.

Bitrated user: ercolinux.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 03:26:16 PM

Design Look:

I like it. Green is the color of the money only in some country: in Europe Euro ranges from blu to yellow, and so is for many other countries; and orange is the bitcoin logo color.

This is a fantastic point.

Perhaps a "where are you located" button may be the right way to go so you can "paint" your website colors appropriate to the psychological affects of money based on the geographical location of the merchant.
ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 03:42:20 PM

Design Look:

Perhaps a "where are you located" button may be the right way to go so you can "paint" your website colors appropriate to the psychological affects of money based on the geographical location of the merchant.

Not so easy to find one: as I said before Euro is blue for 5 and 20 notes, red for 10, orange for 50, yellow for 200 and violet for 500, so what colour do you pick up? Other currency have the same problem of very wide range of colour too. Maybe is possible to make a css with some choice of colour (green for USA, orange for bitcoin lovers  Wink and so on) but I still think that orange is the bitcoin colour

Bitrated user: ercolinux.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 03:59:33 PM

Design Look:

Not so easy to find one: as I said before Euro is blue for 5 and 20 notes, red for 10, orange for 50, yellow for 200 and violet for 500, so what colour do you pick up? Other currency have the same problem of very wide range of colour too. Maybe is possible to make a css with some choice of colour (green for USA, orange for bitcoin lovers  Wink and so on) but I still think that orange is the bitcoin colour

I was thinking to simply it with a button choice upon entry of the website and then it takes you to the an appropriate subdomain which is all cloned from the main site with the appropriate different color scheme. It'd be very easy to implement without any real coding.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 04:04:28 PM

I used Walletbit in order to purchase a VPS and was very unimpressed by the following:

1) I deposit the "exact" btc amount for my bill but you guys took a "fee" from it (you really think you can charge buyers?).

2) What is the point of the silly password type thingy (why not just paste in a btc address?).

I will not be using this website again and could not recommend it to any buyer at all sorry.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 06:12:02 PM

I used Walletbit in order to purchase a VPS and was very unimpressed by the following:

1) I deposit the "exact" btc amount for my bill but you guys took a "fee" from it (you really think you can charge buyers?).

2) What is the point of the silly password type thingy (why not just paste in a btc address?).

I will not be using this website again and could not recommend it to any buyer at all sorry.

Thats not fair. Besides this information is not stated on the site.
Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:07:14 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2012, 01:44:47 PM by Kris

Thats not fair. Besides this information is not stated on the site.

1) Sorry you feel this way. But every deposit will incur a fee. Once you deposited though, it is FREE to send bitcoin to anyone.
You are right in that we put the miners/transaction fee on the "buyer/user" if your transaction happens to incur this fee.

2) The silly password type thingy is called Secure Card, and it is only for your protection. We don't want anyone else to be able to spend your bitcoins.

--
Kris
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 07:16:13 AM

Well best of luck with this model - I'll even gift you the extra amount I sent in order to be able to send the amount that I had wanted to send in the first place (I can look after my own bitcoins so won't be using this service again).

Smiley

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 19, 2012, 07:19:22 AM

Well best of luck with this model - I'll even gift you the extra amount I sent in order to be able to send the amount that I had wanted to send in the first place (I can look after my own bitcoins so won't be using this service again).

Smiley

We are just trying to provide what is best for everyone, but sometimes this favors others instead. If you can keep your bitcoins safe yourself, I always strongly approved and recommend this!

I have sent you a PM
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 07:40:32 AM

I have sent you a PM

Thanks for that.

Kris (OP)
Donator

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 11:48:43 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2012, 02:17:58 AM by Kris

We have revised our fee structure and made it more accessible, renewing our commitment to transparency. Thank you for pointing out our shortcomings CIYAM Pty. Ltd. If anyone else has any suggestions or comments, we are always striving to improve the quality of our service at Walletbit.

Please familiarize yourself with the improved and more accessible layout of WalletBit fees at https://walletbit.com/pricing. In many cases Walletbit is cheaper than our leading competitor.

Thank you
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:34:13 AM

No comma between "simple" and "pricing." Should be: "WalletBit provides a simple pricing model..."
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:44:37 AM

Thank you for your suggestion, it will be updated as soon as possible.

No comma between "simple" and "pricing." Should be: "WalletBit provides a simple pricing model..."

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 06:18:02 PM

Sell me on your product as a business that sells online. Meaning, what is the benefit of going through your service which charges a re-occurring percent fee of my overall BTC income compared to paying a programmer a one-time fee to incorporate an API to accept BTC into a pre-existing cart system.

Seriously. As a merchant, I'm open to the idea. But I don't see the benefit from a cost-savings perspective based on what I see on your website.

My needs are simple: During the checkout process of a pre-existing cart, I want a customer to be able to choose BTC as an option of payment where the only information I need is a U.S.-based confirmed shipping address.

EDIT: I also disagree with your view that Paypal is high fraud risk. Following their seller protection program, it actually is very low risk....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: