Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so much Drama For QS and not for TC?  (Read 2006 times)
Sarthak (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:48:22 AM

I am just curious why is there so much drama going on the thread for Quickseller and not for Tomatocage?
They did the same mistake but TC has still so much +ve trust and QS has so many -ve.
Is it because QS lied about getting banned from the forum?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 05:01:51 AM

-snip-

Probably. It may also because QS left positive feedbacks.

* Edited.

Sarthak (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:04:39 AM

-snip-

Probably. It may also because QS left positive feedbacks.

* Edited.
But, i see that even Tomatocage left a positive feedback in his own alt account. But nothing happened to him?
I saw BayArenaCoins put a negative feedback in his profile but its all green again now.

*Edited

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:30:32 AM

Its been mentioned in most of the threads I read on this topic,believe there is already a thread about this particular aspect as well.
At first the drama was interesting but now its turning into more of a black eye on all of us for allowing it to get this far.

The reasons I have seen explained for TC is that it was a one time deal and he admitted it right away. This my memory and I could be even quoting a puppet at this point,who knows! The problem now is we have to many off shoots on one issue all over the forums and its dragging people into the discussion that really should be left out of it.
The bigger swagger we add the victims that will be brought down as the dirty flinging escalates to madness.

Lets get this issue handled and if evidence does pop up that needs looking at it will present its self. The way this forum operates its not likely some one will sit on
a juicy tidbit that could bring down a well known member.

Lets let the people involved go at it and hopefully it does not have to many stray bullets that drag the whole forum down.

Guess I am saying there was no need for this thread but in a round about way. Cool
Hexcoin

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 06:14:35 AM

i saw a proof too that TC left a positive feedback to his alt because of the fake trade/escrow. i wonder why no drama againsts TC
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:22:45 AM

I believe this to be due to fact that QS was way more active and "loud" when it came down to hunting down scammers, so he made much more
enemies who furthermore then participated in the witch hunt against him.
Sarthak (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:17:45 AM

I believe this to be due to fact that QS was way more active and "loud" when it came down to hunting down scammers, so he made much more

I wonder why Vod is against him then....

i saw a proof too that TC left a positive feedback to his alt because of the fake trade/escrow. i wonder why no drama againsts TC
Yeah me too Smiley

Okay! Moving this thread to reputation board now.

poeEDgar

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:19:18 AM

Right. It was the scammers. Roll Eyes

Peep his trust ratings. Wink

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:46:11 AM

I'm surprised people weren't more upset that TC left positive trust for the deal he self-escrowed. Despite leaving positive trust for the other escrows he used, Quickseller never left positive feedback for an account that he currently owned.

Neither QS nor TC are scammers in my opinion. They're unethical, yes, but still safe to trade with. I find it pretty sad how fast reputable people turned against QS considering the lack of evidence against him. Tsp's "post analysis" was questionable to say the least. As you can see, QS mostly used Panthers to post in the Auctions and Goods sections, mainly buying and selling physical coins. I'm guessing Panthers52 would be a close match to many other physical coin traders, it just so happens Quickseller used to buy and sell coins from his main account as well.

So why did he use his Panthers52 account in the first place? Was it to build up enough reputation to pull off the master scam of the century? Or was it to protect his real life identity from the dozens of enemies he had made over his past year of scam-busting? You must take Quickseller for a complete idiot if you think it's the former. Why would he waste 6 months building up Panther's rep when he had a plethora of high trust accounts to choose from during his time selling accounts. I think it's much more likely that he started using the Panthers account to trade physical coins with once he realized someone malicious might try to get his shipping info to dox him. This is exactly what Quickseller said here, but seems to have been overlooked by most, thanks to all the other crap posted in that thread. And he was completely right to try and protect his dox, just look at what has happened to him since it became semi-public. People have already contacted his place of employment, I'm sure he will be harassed in other ways as well. Should he have escrowed for himself? No, but I doubt it was done with malicious intent. He used a third party escrow for the first 6 months, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just sick of the transaction being slowed down by waiting for a third party. Once again, unethical behavior, but not necessarily scammy. If QS had just come out and admitted this from the very beginning, he would've had a chance of coming out of this with his reputation mostly intact like TC did.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 10:53:59 AM

For me, TC doesn't leave ratings or work as an escrow for mainly earning a reputation on this forum. However, QS has been doing this to earn a reputation and a DT account (which he can sell). I find QS's ratings a bit harsh than TC who usually leaves ratings without having a personal issue with a member. QS's account just being a year old and having so many ratings feels fishy and currently his personal attack on Vod, Redsn0w and others seems like he values his DT account a lot (which shouldn't be a case as those who value their position in DT seem to misuse it often).

I guess this has already been discussed in another thread (exactly same issue)  Roll Eyes

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:31:20 PM

You didn't quite understand me. I'm not saying it was only the scammers, but considering the fact that we went from self escrowing which brought little damage to anyone even tho it was not
a moral thing to do - to doxxing and court threats. If there was no oil on the fire by those people from the side QS would at best receive DT loss and Vod would flag him and that would be it.
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:03:54 PM

You didn't quite understand me. I'm not saying it was only the scammers, but considering the fact that we went from self escrowing which brought little damage to anyone even tho it was not
a moral thing to do - to doxxing and court threats. If there was no oil on the fire by those people from the side QS would at best receive DT loss and Vod would flag him and that would be it.

Yes but TC didn't even get these. In fact Vod still has positive trust on TC's page!
BurgerKill

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:15:43 PM

This was already discussed in my thread. From what was posted there, I believe it was because TC argued that he did not self-escrow.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1179382.0
Sarthak (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:21:49 PM

This was already discussed in my thread. From what was posted there, I believe it was because TC argued that he did not self-escrow.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1179382.0

Well, I never saw that thread. Thanks for the heads up Smiley

Locking this thread now. Thanks for the answer everyone.

Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 08:32:52 PM

You guys are missing another self escrow player
check this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1184583.0

Available
PM me to rent this space.
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:50:54 AM

You guys are missing another self escrow player
check this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1184583.0

you guys are missing a bully trying to ruin other peoples reputation with lies only because he is mad because someone discovered the identity of an account he bought, check that
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 06:23:29 PM

I am just curious why is there so much drama going on the thread for Quickseller and not for Tomatocage?
They did the same mistake but TC has still so much +ve trust and QS has so many -ve.

imo, because a lot of people suspect Quickseller of having much shadier intentions. can't say one way or the other for sure. BUT his whole forum history does show: trying to achieve "trusted member" status in a very short time (and manipulating the trust system to do so), painstaking efforts to remain anonymous. this type of behavior should be viewed as suspicious. i don't think Tomatocage has ever warranted that kind of scrutiny.

raaajlucky

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:09:56 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2015, 02:08:39 PM by raaajlucky

TC should remove all those negative feedback he has provided

If he again start giving negative feedback - every one should together ............

He has labeled many people for alt accounts but he him self have few of them - what is happening here and why he still not banned yet?
Sanjx

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:21:57 PM

What the heck about this issue, lesson learned to this issue about self escrow. It's just joking yourself around with your imaginary transaction buddy.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:31:03 PM

TC should remove all those negative feedback he has provided

If he again start giving negative feedback - every one should together ............

He has labeled many people for alt accounts but he him self have few of them - what is happening here and why he still not banned yet?

i would think that he has only labeled alt accounts of proven scammers. do you have examples that suggest otherwise? i think if an alt reveals himself (intentionally or not) to be a marked scammer, that the alt should be marked as well. it's only reasonable when considering those that do business on this forum.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: