Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear Market  (Read 855 times)
Gillette (OP)

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:18:53 PM

How long do you think bear market will last for altcoins?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:48:36 PM

Depends. If you're talking about doge, it'll last forever. Doge is done, dead, gone. It is a lost cause. As for others, it depends. Litecoin recently went through a halving, it didn't do much except for an exceptional pump (followed by an exceptional dump). It sits at about twice it was at 4 months ago, but it's still in a bear market. I think it's going to be riding below $5 for the rest of the year. Maybe we'll see $6 sometime in 2016, if it acts like how bitcoin did with it's first halving, we're going to see a significant rise sometime December... but it's a whole other market right now. We're going to see a slow and somewhat steady rise to $7 until the next halving.
And I wouldn't know about the rest of them, I don't know enough to comment about the rest of them.

Gillette (OP)

Activity: 744
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:26:15 AM

Depends. If you're talking about doge, it'll last forever. Doge is done, dead, gone. It is a lost cause. As for others, it depends. Litecoin recently went through a halving, it didn't do much except for an exceptional pump (followed by an exceptional dump). It sits at about twice it was at 4 months ago, but it's still in a bear market. I think it's going to be riding below $5 for the rest of the year. Maybe we'll see $6 sometime in 2016, if it acts like how bitcoin did with it's first halving, we're going to see a significant rise sometime December... but it's a whole other market right now. We're going to see a slow and somewhat steady rise to $7 until the next halving.
And I wouldn't know about the rest of them, I don't know enough to comment about the rest of them.

Why do you think DOGE is dead?

Why are you waiting for a significant rise of LTC in December 2015? When is the next halving of LTC?
I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:13:01 PM

Fed QE > Stock Market > bitcoin market prices > altcoin markets > crypto traders

asepticskeptic

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:49:09 PM

Bear market? This is what a bull market looks like at the end of pogs and slap bracelets and beanie babies and cryptocurrencies.

You should sell now fishy.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:39:42 PM

The PoS pump and dump scams destroyed the alt market. Once PoS shitcoin mills stop flooding the market, and there are some decent PoW coins with real communities behind it then the bear market will end.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:19:23 AM

bear  Huh i thought it was a bull market as how 97.8% of the coins have a non zero value is beyond me  Shocked
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:52:20 AM

As long as Bitcoin will not see any significant increase we won't see any big price changes for altcoins as well.So the actual situation could continue for several more months.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:34:16 PM

Many altcoins will be always in a bear market after people dump and take their btc to buy some new ' promising ' coins.
The market is so saturated that it is good to have the bear markets to remove those junk.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 04:03:21 PM

How long do you think bear market will last for altcoins?

Myself, I thought the bear market was already over - but, let's face it: I might well be wrong. Calling the end of a bull market is notoriously tricky, but calling the end of a bear market is tricky in a different way. Rather than trying to detach yourself from the howl of compelling excitement, calling the end of a bear market means figuring out when the gloom and depression has finally reached its limit. One mistake I've already made - with respect to Bitshares - was mistaking a turn of the tide for yet another temporary "sucker's rally" pump. I had to buy back my position at a higher price than I had offloaded it for.

One of the main reasons why turns in the trend are so lethal is, they make normally prudent moves counterproductive. "Buying the dip," which makes sense in a bull market, turns into "buying the sucker's rally" when the bull turns to bear. "Buying and quickly selling the sucker's rally", which makes sense for a prudent bull who isn't sure if the bear is still growlin' and chompin', turns into "buying, selling and getting left behind" when the bear finally vanishes and the bull makes its appearance.

Alternate cryptocurrencies are so new, I have to reason by analogy when sizing up this chaotic whirl. The best analogy I found, with respect to turns of the trend, comes from venerable geologist Brent Cook:

"'What Was It Like, Dad?'" https://www.explorationinsights.com/pebble.asp?relid=29900

"Part II: 'Will Mining Boom Again, Dad?'" https://www.explorationinsights.com/pebble.asp?relid=32671

I'm well aware of the flaws and hazards of reasoning by analogy, but the above two linkies are the best I could find for perspective's sake.

tl;dr: No-one really knows when a bear turns into a bull, except for the good ol' after-the-fact hard way, so we just gotta take our best guesses with the best analogies we can find. In many ways, it's a mug's game.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:45:51 PM

bear is dead ... alts will bull run ... btc can throw a spitball and dirty it up if it goes +$500

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 11:01:02 PM

Why do you think DOGE is dead?

Why are you waiting for a significant rise of LTC in December 2015? When is the next halving of LTC?

DOGE goes against one of Bitcoin's most important basics, limited distribution. There are no more halvings in DOGE, and there is a fixed amount that's being distributed for each block. There are always more DOGEcoin and the market will mostly be saturated because this coin a joke. Or to put it in Dogecoin's community terms "Wow, such meme use. much irrelevancy". There is not a large enough community behind it, there is a virtually unlimited supply and nothing is there to help it pick up (no more halvings), it shows no sign of ever picking up above 100 satoshi value. It is done.

As for Litecoin, it went through a significant boost in price followed by a crash. Bitcoin also did this before its first halving. If Litecoin follows the same pattern bitcoin did after it's halving, it'll be at about the same price for 2 months after the halving to steadily rise during and maybe a bit after the third month. It's a coin toss,  to be honest, because I don't know if it will follow that pattern. I will hold on to my Litecoin until December.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 02:53:22 AM

bear  Huh i thought it was a bull market as how 97.8% of the coins have a non zero value is beyond me  Shocked

Pretty much this.

There was a massive, insane bubble spring 2014 which popped permanently...
And none of this is a product of an actual capitalist economy's cycles (like bull/bear markets)...
But mostly scammers co-opting the tiny Bitcoin Cult to "print" as many alts as possible before the party ends.

It should be obvious to everyone by now that the "blockchain" is disruptive...
While "digital money" is nothing new and offers nothing but aggravation for any solvent person.

I doubt that more than 10-20 projects in the Top 200 will ever go anywhere...
Even many "respected" projects are basically vaporware or idiotic ideas divorced form the real world.

Not a single "dark net" project has gotten off the ground so far and gotten any traction outside the Crypto Ghetto...
(Does anyone use a crypto project for torrents, anon VPN, poker... sadly no)...
And that's the ONLY niche where crypto has a COMPETITVE ADVANTAGE over the banking system.

Wall Street is gonna cherry pick the blue chip crypto and issue ETFs traded through your broker...
Which will make the current exchanges doing $200,000/day economically unviable...
And the 5,000 US broker-dealers will soon offer blue chip crypto (just like junior gold stocks) by basically flipping a switch...
Or you can take your chances trading in China... or some other sketchy jurisdiction.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: