Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:12:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smooth VS VNL  (Read 7304 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:28:13 PM

Do you have, control and use other accounts

No, and I never have (other than 'aeon' account already described). Just never been into the sock puppet thing. It's some people's cup of tea, not mine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:43:47 PM

24 hour troll.

DickSwagger

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:12:54 PM

Got no problem with reusing working code ,we all do it adding our own spin on it, but taking credit for writing it all is not cool. Licence is free , but credits are due.
bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:26:38 PM

VNL   400 Githup commits
vs smooth   Huh?.

VNL  solves every major currency problem in crypto 
vs smooth solves .... nothing

TKO
VNL wins

+1

when it comes to VNL  vs smooth  VNL wins hands down. In fact there is more code written per week in VNL than Smooth has ever written.

whether or not John should post aknowledgement of Bitcoin in the wallet is between John, and those that hold the licensing of Bitcoin....
smooth has nothing to do with the licensing of Bitcoin, and his evidence should be directed towards the original coders of Bitcoin to have them review his allegations.

although I highly doubt that any of the original coders are going to come on here and make a stink about it, going public with who they are. 
so the licensing is pretty much just smoke and mirrors at this point, you need a legal body to be able to chase someone around about licensing issues.

DickSwagger

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:44:33 PM

VNL   400 Githup commits
vs smooth   Huh?.

TKO
VNL wins

+1

when it comes to VNL  vs smooth  VNL wins hands down. In fact there is more code written per week in VNL than Smooth has ever written.

whether or not John should post aknowledgement of Bitcoin in the wallet is between John, and those that hold the licensing of Bitcoin....
smooth has nothing to do with the licensing of Bitcoin, and his evidence should be directed towards the original coders of Bitcoin to have them review his allegations.

although I highly doubt that any of the original coders are going to come on here and make a stink about it, going public with who they are. 
so the licensing is pretty much just smoke and mirrors at this point, you need a legal body to be able to chase someone around about licensing issues.

I dont see that his competence as a developer is being questioned , more a ethical issue mabe. No need to take anything up with Bicoin as the licencing agreement is written for laments to understand.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:26:56 PM

VNL   400 Githup commits
vs smooth   Huh?.

TKO
VNL wins

+1

how much do you want this reposted?

Greeting, this evening john-connor showed up on the Bitcoin Core github with some rather aggressively ignorant minunderstandings of basic cryptographic consensus concepts: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/5634#issuecomment-69481908

Having no clue who he was I looked at his github account and googled a bit and found that he is the, seemingly pseudonymous, author of "Vanillacoin".

Vanillacoin was previously discussed on this forum, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890388.0 but he locked the threads in order to shuffle the users (victims?) off to someplace out of the light of day-- never a good sign, (nor is his BCT newbie account, for that matter).  The "vanillacoin" software has no source code available, it is binaries only (very much not a good sign, and usually severe malware concern; and an ultimate form of centralization), there are source links but they go to a basically empty github repository. There is a whitepaper, which like the comments on github show some general software development background they show no real sign of sophisticated understanding around decenteralized systems for adversarial networks or cryptocurrencies.

I don't know anything more about it, but I figure sunlight tends to be a good disinfectant; and with the threads locked it probably wasn't fair of me to say nothing while I was privately thinking "hm, that all smells pretty fishy".  Of course, the guy was a bit rude to me and also wasted my time-- so feel free to factor that bias in however you like. I'm just reporting my impression as a regular community member. You now know what I know.

[I'm the last person to play altcoin-cops... I mostly avoid this stuff except for the rare cases that are technically interesting: The drama can sink unbounded time and usually, when it comes to the more misguided altcoin cryptography, the only sane policy seems to be "If you see something,say nothing and drink to forget": there is too much crazyness and risk of being attacked for being critical of someones latest scheme. But if it shows up in my face, I can't quite stomach saying nothing at all.]

Cheers,

Since you're only here for about 4 days and already know how much smooth and john coded, and already know everything about licensing I suppose you'll also know who gmaxwell is...

hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:39:49 PM

VNL   400 Githup commits
vs smooth   Huh?.

TKO
VNL wins

+1

I dont see that his competence as a developer is being questioned , more a ethical issue mabe. No need to take anything up with Bicoin as the licencing agreement is written for laments to understand.

He is in no position to accuse John for unethical behaviour or theft. He obviously has his own agenda(against vnl). With that in mind his judgement just can't be taken seriously.

I replied earlier that it's common knowledge. It doesn't take any special skills to write those methods. Smooth knows I'm right. I dare him to rewrite those methods. Guess what's going to happen... You'll see very similar outcome to John's.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:47:23 PM

VNL   400 Githup commits
vs smooth   Huh?.

VNL  solves every major currency problem in crypto  

TKO
VNL wins

+1

when it comes to VNL  vs smooth  VNL wins hands down. In fact there is more code written per week in VNL than Smooth has ever written.

He is in no position to accuse John for unethical behaviour or theft. He obviously has his own agenda(against vnl). With that in mind his judgement just can't be taken seriously.

I replied earlier that it's common knowledge. It doesn't take any special skills to write those methods. Smooth knows I'm right. I dare him to rewrite those methods. Guess what's going to happen... You'll see very similar outcome to John's.

Logical fallacies. Smooth's perceived character/behavior does not invalidate his argument.

Seriously, all of the counterarguments of the OP have been logical fallacies and completely irrelevant.
hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:56:19 PM

VNL   400 Githup commits
vs smooth   Huh?.

VNL  solves every major currency problem in crypto  

TKO
VNL wins

+1

when it comes to VNL  vs smooth  VNL wins hands down. In fact there is more code written per week in VNL than Smooth has ever written.

Logical fallacies. Smooth's perceived character/behavior does not invalidate his argument.

Seriously, all of the counterarguments of the OP have been logical fallacies and completely irrelevant.

No, you just can't prove that the license has been broken. Or I should say that any license APPLIES here. The way he behaves should be treated as a sign for every user to not take his words seriously.
indri123

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:00:10 PM

The fact that gmaxwell would even acknowledge and talk about john-connor shows that vnl dev is the real deal.
Do you think gmaxwell would even converse with Karsen or shitcoin #968 dev? I highly doubt he converses with
the hundreds of clown clone devs.

This really hits the nail on the head. VNL is the real deal.
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 02:53:34 AM

"Um," she says, satisfied, and turns over into deep sleep again.
 Grin

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 03:17:37 AM

VNL (40%)

Smooth 1
Vcrash  0

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 03:27:22 AM

VNL (40%)

Smooth 1
Vcrash  0

Sorry I think I did that, not smooth.

papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:50:26 AM

Or maybe, just maybe, it was because of this:
https://v.cash/forum/threads/12-month-timeline.349/page-4#post-8038
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:39:29 PM

Did those posts occur before or after my post (my post which basically pointed out that Zerotime is a lie)?

I am thinking he saw my post and realized he had no more upside and decide to call it a day, and head off into the sunset on his anonymous horse (carrying the bag of bagholders' BTC that they foolishly gave him).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: