Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You are banned from using this forum!  (Read 7117 times)
Krunox (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:58:47 PM

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
So, few weeks ago on 29th of August, my account password was changed when I was asleep.
https://i.imgur.com/HhNRK9D.png

When I woke up in the morning, around 5 a.m.-ish, I noticed that my account has been logged out when I visit BitcoinTalk.
So, I tried to login back into my account, but the system says my password is incorrect. Then, I tried to reset my password via email, but the system says something like incorrect email(IIRC).

So, my last hope is to reset my password via secret question. Password successfully changed via secret question, but now my account has been banned or locked.
https://i.imgur.com/wn6vISt.png

If you doubt about it, search for my username in the Security Log. You can see that my account password was changed twice. The first one is "password changed", which was not done by me and he second time was reset via secret question, which was done by myself.

Oh, sorry, I almost forgot to mention about this... my username is krunox123.

I can sign an old bitcoin address to prove that krunox123 is my account.
Bitcoin Address: 1NkVkNiNdn4bXJ34U7BZo8aK1qPLiQnnvM

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150753.msg1890880#msg1890880

I already sent an email to the email address provided in the ban message, and two private messages on 30th of August and 8th of September to theymos and BadBear.
Until today, no response from either of them. That's why I make this thread.

20th September, 2015. 8:58 PM (GMT+8)
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1NkVkNiNdn4bXJ34U7BZo8aK1qPLiQnnvM
IC2AXokvSy5Z3jZEQZ7faiHbgaGcCttxpKVn3bM/5lAKGaoRydGg4v++G5Tt6Il9vRvCKk+hYbn4TBR57HKmqeA=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MultipliedCombo

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 01:03:03 PM

I guess you're going to have to message theymos again. He's a busy man, but should eventually get around to sorting it out.

Or unless he sees this post.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:17:27 PM

Been also in that position before. Badbear responded to my mail when I openned a thread about the same problem before. Maybe try to contact badbear in the forum I don't know if it will help badbear to notice your problem. Give another week tho. Maybe they are just busy .
tonycamp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:19:34 PM

i think the support of forum need to be bigger for this issues my acount its perfect now but i may have problems into security and a email to support could be usefull to deall with this 2000 users problems but unfrotunatly scammers and bad issues are not related to forum not even totaly the accounts if campagned

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
Krunox (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:31:15 PM

I guess you're going to have to message theymos again. He's a busy man, but should eventually get around to sorting it out.

Or unless he sees this post.
I'd like to do so, but I will wait for another week before I send him another private message.
...and I hope he sees my post, so I do not need to do so. Smiley

Been also in that position before. Badbear responded to my mail when I openned a thread about the same problem before. Maybe try to contact badbear in the forum I don't know if it will help badbear to notice your problem. Give another week tho. Maybe they are just busy .
It has been 22 days since the first private message sent and 13 days since the second private message sent.
I think I'll wait for another week. Smiley

i think the support of forum need to be bigger for this issues my acount its perfect now but i may have problems into security and a email to support could be usefull to deall with this 2000 users problems but unfrotunatly scammers and bad issues are not related to forum not even totaly the accounts if campagned
Sorry, but I do not understand what you say.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:52:48 PM

Can you PGP sign the message?
Angelina Jolie

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:03:56 PM

As the krunox123 account is used by you and your sister, it is possible that she has changed the password so that you spend less time on BitcoinTalk and more on your studies. So, before bothering theymos and BadBear, you need to confirm with your sister about it.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Krunox (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:55:31 PM

Can you PGP sign the message?
Sure.
Code:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

So, few weeks ago on 29th of August, my account password was changed when I was asleep.
https://i.imgur.com/HhNRK9D.png

When I woke up in the morning, around 5 a.m.-ish, I noticed that my account has been logged out when I visit BitcoinTalk.
So, I tried to login back into my account, but the system says my password is incorrect. Then, I tried to reset my password via email, but the system says something like incorrect email(IIRC).

So, my last hope is to reset my password via secret question. Password successfully changed via secret question, but now my account has been banned or locked.
https://i.imgur.com/wn6vISt.png

If you doubt about it, search for my username in the Security Log. You can see that my account password was changed twice. The first one is "password changed", which was not done by me and he second time was reset via secret question, which was done by myself.

Oh, sorry, I almost forgot to mention about this... my username is krunox123.

I can sign an old bitcoin address to prove that krunox123 is my account.
Bitcoin Address: 1NkVkNiNdn4bXJ34U7BZo8aK1qPLiQnnvM

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150753.msg1890880#msg1890880

I already sent an email to the email address provided in the ban message, and two private messages on 30th of August and 8th of September to theymos and BadBear.
Until today, no response from either of them. That's why I make this thread.

20th September, 2015. 8:58 PM (GMT+8)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.46
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJV/sgYAAoJELqa2fGKf79MDMEH/0SObRLDSsIm1/j36pkJiSWt
vXmHFgaURG6hQ9aPNsoXphDqWOacqOorw1+JwF9oE6KKik391ssaaSiu58u6vyzf
iVP8G5GX1IJzBJwjAfovf836SKhAWQCaFG6mJCmE+rnSMQd0tXpw7nvmPWliBxJK
+jT1NDaQw/uguJuNYpCFjcTbB85bKGIHPU965GAepHe66hf428JZ1QnE1JTP1Wc9
URlcBrJIYZpyBEAXTqhCT+TOLoIWQGVfO8zcihI/w6uAy8Cx6RjaKNRYfKWp6I7s
nxMDnkYfp6fCcBOq7OxY6sLXTcwxuXFmFVqc98SVIVvJO35W4vDf2Ailo7L+tP0=
=Z5FP
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

As the krunox123 account is used by you and your sister, it is possible that she has changed the password so that you spend less time on BitcoinTalk and more on your studies. So, before bothering theymos and BadBear, you need to confirm with your sister about it.
LMAO. What?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 06:26:29 PM

One thing i don't get; you talk about stolen account while you make thread titled "You are banned from using this forum!"
Were you banned or not ?! If yes, then provide reason why if it's stated.
Krunox (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:25:22 AM

One thing i don't get; you talk about stolen account while you make thread titled "You are banned from using this forum!"
Yes. My account was stolen while I was sleeping, but I managed to reset the password via secret question as soon as I realized I couldn't reset my password via email.
Password successfully changed via secret question, but now my account is banned/locked. I'm not sure why though.

I named this thread "You are banned from using this forum!" because that is part of the ban message.
https://i.imgur.com/ymVorFv.png
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 12:34:46 AM

Yes. My account was stolen while I was sleeping, but I managed to reset the password via secret question as soon as I realized I couldn't reset my password via email.
Password successfully changed via secret question, but now my account is banned/locked. I'm not sure why though.

I named this thread "You are banned from using this forum!" because that is part of the ban message.

Just curious, do you have an idea how this "hacker" managed to change your account details? 
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 12:41:00 AM

Just curious, do you have an idea how this "hacker" managed to change your account details? 
If the hacker had a keylogger or a RAT on his computer, he could have easily stolen the password and changed it later.

OP, have you checked your computer for viruses?

That is a new security thing that theymos implemented since the site was hacked a few months ago. It automatically locks the account if the password is reset through the security question. Technically your account is locked, not banned.

Krunox (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:52:22 AM

I've used the same password with my Bitcointalk account on several website. Embarrassed

If the hacker had a keylogger or a RAT on his computer, he could have easily stolen the password and changed it later.

OP, have you checked your computer for viruses?
Yes, but I don't think it's because of virus because I did virus scan and my antivirus says my computer is clean.

That is a new security thing that theymos implemented since the site was hacked a few months ago. It automatically locks the account if the password is reset through the security question. Technically your account is locked, not banned.
If I reset my password via secret question, my account will be locked? I did not know that. Shocked
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 01:01:45 AM

I've used the same password with my Bitcointalk account on several website. Embarrassed
Have you found which sites were compromised? Maybe some site had a leak and that password was used to guess on a bunch of your other stuff and eventually led to bitcointalk.
If I reset my password via secret question, my account will be locked? I did not know that. Shocked
Yeah, theymos said that he was doing that because the hash on the secret question answers weren't very strong so they could easily be bruteforced and people would have their accounts compromised.

Krunox (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:14:58 AM

Have you found which sites were compromised? Maybe some site had a leak and that password was used to guess on a bunch of your other stuff and eventually led to bitcointalk.
No. Embarrassed

Yeah, theymos said that he was doing that because the hash on the secret question answers weren't very strong so they could easily be bruteforced and people would have their accounts compromised.
So, my account will be locked and I need to make this thread every time I reset my password via secret question?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 01:22:26 AM

So, my account will be locked and I need to make this thread every time I reset my password via secret question?
You need to PM theymos or badbear or email the address given to you in order to recover the account. Basically just don't use the secret question option. Instead use the email recovery.

Krunox (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:29:23 AM

You need to PM theymos or badbear or email the address given to you in order to recover the account. Basically just don't use the secret question option. Instead use the email recovery.
I've do so as stated in OP, but no response from either of them. I cannot reset the password via email, that's why I reset my password via secret question.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:40:42 AM

I've do so as stated in OP, but no response from either of them. I cannot reset the password via email, that's why I reset my password via secret question.

If you did what message asked you, and with this thread, it should be enough to get their attention, just be patient as they are always busy.
In the meantime, figure out how the attacker got your details in the first place, otherwise you'll be making this same thread in a week - if you got infected, the attacker will just take the details again..
Krunox (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:47:07 AM

If you did what message asked you, and with this thread, it should be enough to get their attention, just be patient as they are always busy.
In the meantime, figure out how the attacker got your details in the first place, otherwise you'll be making this same thread in a week - if you got infected, the attacker will just take the details again..
I assure you that I won't make the same mistakes again. Wink
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 05:16:03 PM

I know a couple other people who are also having this problem.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: