Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:50:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI 6950 Win7 64bit- Which Drivers to install - OpenCL issues  (Read 2598 times)
martinw79 (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 04:17:40 AM

In order to get OpenCL support, which Catalyst drivers do I need to install?  I'm doing something wrong as GPU Caps and GUIMiner only list my CPU as the OpenCL device.  I've installed and reinstalled different versions, 11.5, 11.4 - still same CPU as only opencl device.

I assume I need to also install the SDK after Catalyst is installed?  Is it the one here; http://developer.amd.com/sdks/AMDAPPSDK/downloads/Pages/default.aspx    - version 2.4?

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 09:30:52 AM

What you need is uninstall all previous drivers and then download and install Catalyst software suite
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
martinw79 (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:54:25 AM

Thanks for reply, I did a full uninstall of everything ATI/AMD gpu wise.  Still no go.   Cry

I am formatting the drive and starting from scratch.  So the only install I should have is for Catalyst, version 11.5?

Thanks for the help.

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:33:45 PM

I am having the worst time.  I formatted, reinstalled Windows 7 Pro x64 sp1.  Installed Catalyst 11.5 and checked with GPU Caps, it finally showed the GPU as an OpenCL device.  I loaded up bitcoin, waited 2 hours to get its block count up.  Started GUIMiner and it only shows the CPU as the device, went back to GPU Caps and the GPU is not listed as an OpenCL device any longer. 

I'm at a total loss right now.   Cry

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 11:37:08 PM

From the number of posts about GUI miner, I am getting a feeling that it's more an issue with the miner than anything else. I suggest you try other miners
LudwigDG

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 09:23:33 AM

I only have ccc version 11.5 and didn't install anything else and it will work fine.
11.5 has an opencl integrated in it's software so you really don't need to download anything new.

Now cause your new I'll give you a hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xoMK0OG81M

This is one of the best youtube video"s to get started.

also my code of the .bat file that you have to create I putted something extra wish increased my hash rate with 65Mh/s

start /DC:\poclbm poclbm.exe --frames 30 --worksize 256 -v -w128 --host=deepbit.net --port=8332 --user=yourusername --pass=yourpassword --device=0

This code works perfectly if you follow the youtube video.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: