Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama issues executive order claiming power to seize Americans' bank accounts  (Read 3479 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 10:14:22 PM

The worst part of all is RIGHT NOW we are ALL PAYING to care for those who do not have insurance.  It is done in the ER and the cost is passed on to you in higher healthcare costs.  UNLESS YOU ALLOW HOSPITALS TO TURN PEOPLE AWAY YOU WILL PAY THIS COST. 

Fixed. The laws requiring emergency care to be given regardless of ability to pay are only a small part of the problem, though.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:17:36 PM

Because having a way to stop a person with the means and motive to be a flight risk is always bad.

Rights...........

They suck when you want to have power over others.

If all citizens had no rights, except the rights dictators decide we are worthy of, it would be much easier to catch the terrorists.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 10:23:25 PM

You do not understand much about healthcare.  There is much to be gained by streamlining and diagnosing early.  The worst part of all is RIGHT NOW we are ALL PAYING to care for those who do not have insurance.  It is done in the ER and the cost is passed on to you in higher healthcare costs.  UNLESS YOU TURN PEOPLE AWAY TOTALLY YOU WILL PAY THIS COST. 

Please provide some data on that. From what I have seen almost all of the money goes towards chronic conditions for those over 55. ER bills are nothing compared to that.

The cost of caring for people in the ER is not represented in the ER only.  The cost of many of the ER bills is NOT PAID.  It is then distributed over all of the other bills because the hospital needs to stay in business.   Over testing is a huge problem cost and Obamacare reduces this but does not eliminate it.  Proper tort reform would help here.  Finally malpractice insurance cost is passed on to all patients because of the lack of tort reform. 

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:29:07 PM

You do not understand much about healthcare.  There is much to be gained by streamlining and diagnosing early.  The worst part of all is RIGHT NOW we are ALL PAYING to care for those who do not have insurance.  It is done in the ER and the cost is passed on to you in higher healthcare costs.  UNLESS YOU TURN PEOPLE AWAY TOTALLY YOU WILL PAY THIS COST.  

Please provide some data on that. From what I have seen almost all of the money goes towards chronic conditions for those over 55. ER bills are nothing compared to that.

The cost of caring for people in the ER is not represented in the ER only.  The cost of many of the ER bills is NOT PAID.  It is then distributed over all of the other bills because the hospital needs to stay in business.   Over testing is a huge problem cost and Obamacare reduces this but does not eliminate it.  Proper tort reform would help here.  Finally malpractice insurance cost is passed on to all patients because of the lack of tort reform.  

I like data. What is the total cost of ER bills not paid per year? What is the total amount paid out per year for malpractice insurance? How have these numbers changed over time?

edit: I mean it was your claim so I assume you have looked into it. I have looked into where the money comes from and its purpose as it enters the medical system (and can post that data, from a big study of approx 40k people IIRC) but not yet where it goes after.
Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:34:03 PM

Obama passed a law so insurance companies can't let customers use co-pays for prescriptions now. I was paying $200 a month for insurance and got my prescriptions for $15 bucks, now I pay $200 a month for my prescriptions and have no insurance. Obama is completely screwing health care, ask anyone who works in the field. He does whatever he want's whether it's legal or not, there will always be some ignorant fools to back him up.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 03:36:46 AM

Obama passed a law so insurance companies can't let customers use co-pays for prescriptions now. I was paying $200 a month for insurance and got my prescriptions for $15 bucks, now I pay $200 a month for my prescriptions and have no insurance. Obama is completely screwing health care, ask anyone who works in the field. He does whatever he want's whether it's legal or not, there will always be some ignorant fools to back him up.

Explain what happened..  Did your insurance bill go up and you decided not to pay? 

Sounds fishy because Obamacare has not changed things in relations to co-pays on prescriptions.  Obamacare has made it so insurance companies cannot charge for preventative checkups (that save money long term) as well as birth control (which also saves money).

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 04:19:38 AM

And to-date, I have never met an intelligent, college educated, "liberal" who joined the ranks of the "real world" and turned conservative.

Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 04:26:03 AM

You do not understand much about healthcare.  There is much to be gained by streamlining and diagnosing early.  The worst part of all is RIGHT NOW we are ALL PAYING to care for those who do not have insurance.  It is done in the ER and the cost is passed on to you in higher healthcare costs.  UNLESS YOU TURN PEOPLE AWAY TOTALLY YOU WILL PAY THIS COST. 

I heard (though I can't guarantee it's veracity) that the cost of screening everyone for everything they might have (but don't) far outweighs the potential savings. Of course, it'd be nice for the individuals to get early treatment and not die horribly but in terms of sheer economics, it's a policy that pushes the cost of healthcare up (and we have nowhere near enough healthcare providers for it anyway).

Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 04:28:47 AM

You do not understand much about healthcare.  There is much to be gained by streamlining and diagnosing early.  The worst part of all is RIGHT NOW we are ALL PAYING to care for those who do not have insurance.  It is done in the ER and the cost is passed on to you in higher healthcare costs.  UNLESS YOU TURN PEOPLE AWAY TOTALLY YOU WILL PAY THIS COST.  

I heard (though I can't guarantee it's veracity) that the cost of screening everyone for everything they might have (but don't) far outweighs the potential savings. Of course, it'd be nice for the individuals to get early treatment and not die horribly but in terms of sheer economics, it's a policy that pushes the cost of healthcare up (and we have nowhere near enough healthcare providers for it anyway).

Real world experience in most of the 1st world disagrees.  Regular checkups (not screening everyone for everything) do save money.  

Or maybe the rest of the world values saved lives over the cost. 

Beans

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:39:46 AM

Explain what happened..  Did your insurance bill go up and you decided not to pay? 

Sounds fishy because Obamacare has not changed things in relations to co-pays on prescriptions.  Obamacare has made it so insurance companies cannot charge for preventative checkups (that save money long term) as well as birth control (which also saves money).

No it wen't down $20 because they couldn't offer the same plans. It went from $15 copay to $1,800 a year deductible.  Up until a couple months ago generic prescriptions could be covered with a copay. Now if a insurance company wants to offer a copay they need to included brand name drugs. Which is not a affordable option, so copay's have been removed. I've been told this by a few people that work at Lifewise. I have looked around for alternatives and the only plans I've seen with smaller deductibles, more then make up for in monthly charges.
Littleshop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 12:01:16 PM

No it wen't down $20 because they couldn't offer the same plans. It went from $15 copay to $1,800 a year deductible.  Up until a couple months ago generic prescriptions could be covered with a copay. Now if a insurance company wants to offer a copay they need to included brand name drugs. Which is not a affordable option, so copay's have been removed. I've been told this by a few people that work at Lifewise. I have looked around for alternatives and the only plans I've seen with smaller deductibles, more then make up for in monthly charges.

Well again Obamacare did not make the change you refer to.

Insurance companies are allowed to charge co-pays for drugs.  They are allowed to charge different co-pays for different classes of drugs or have no co-pay at all.  Requiring a co-pay does not trigger a need for brand name drugs.  You must be referring to a state law change. 

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:36:41 PM

Real world experience in most of the 1st world disagrees.  Regular checkups (not screening everyone for everything) do save money.  

Or maybe the rest of the world values saved lives over the cost. 

I worry you are basing these claims on shaky data (like of the quality normally presented in the news). Nothing is ever that simple, it always depends on context. For example, perhaps regular checkups for those over 55 or with some other risk factor saves money, but not for large swaths of people. Regular could also be like once every 10 years.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: