Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:52:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How many transactions can I send and receive from one address?  (Read 551 times)
citboin (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 06:06:09 AM

I was wondering how many transactions can be sent or received from a single address before that the private key might be compromised. I've been reading a lot about bitcoin, but can't seem to find information about how transactions are signed and how they remain secure after the first tx is sent.

Any info or reading is much appreciated! Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 06:18:27 AM

The address can be re-used as many times as you like without any issue of being compromised due to "usage" (re-use will reduce your level of anonymity though which is why it is generally best to avoid).

As most (if not all) wallets effectively randomly choose addresses to send from it is out of your control when any particular address is chosen as one of the tx inputs.

The potential problem wrt security is more to do with your wallet not being encrypted or your computer being keylogged (the other huge problem is not having or having correctly backed up your wallet).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: