Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:57:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]First online MPEx brokerage now in public beta  (Read 4871 times)
xeverse

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:18:10 AM

Naturally we need to be aware of the open interest for every option contract listed.. Please reveal..
I don't understand what do you mean, can you please explain?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_interest

These numbers should be available to anyone..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rini17 (OP)

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 02:02:44 PM

Naturally we need to be aware of the open interest for every option contract listed.. Please reveal..
I don't understand what do you mean, can you please explain?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_interest

These numbers should be available to anyone..
Okay I get it now. But it isn't clear at all how would that apply to MPOE options. Only total traded volume is known and published, without analyzing each transaction it is hard to discern how many options MPOE bot bought back that were issued by itself (and thus effectively decreased open interest). Not even taking into account other users that recently started to do the same as MPOE. Number of option exercises in the course of month isn't known, too.

Moreover, already happened several times that 80% of all trade was near beginning or end of the month and total amount of options changed wildly in matter of hours.

Any proposals how to come up with meaningful numbers in this situation are welcome.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
xeverse

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 01:09:31 PM

Okay I get it now. But it isn't clear at all how would that apply to MPOE options. Only total traded volume is known and published, without analyzing each transaction it is hard to discern how many options MPOE bot bought back that were issued by itself (and thus effectively decreased open interest). Not even taking into account other users that recently started to do the same as MPOE. Number of option exercises in the course of month isn't known, too.
If the volume is known there would be no trouble in calculating the OI at all.
Do you have the db with each and every tx or you don't? How do you hedge your risk then?

For derivative markets OI is essential, it's the key value to analyze, not the volume..
rini17 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 02:31:41 PM

If the volume is known there would be no trouble in calculating the OI at all.
Do you have the db with each and every tx or you don't? How do you hedge your risk then?

For derivative markets OI is essential, it's the key value to analyze, not the volume..
What risk it needs to be hedged against? The options are fully covered regardless how many of them there are. And if you mean hedging against BTCUSD, how would open interest help in that?

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2013, 06:25:08 PM

Any word on when CoinBR will stop being read-only?

Also, can I deposit funds while the site is in this status? There are no warnings on the deposit page, I just can't trade.

Thanks.
rini17 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2013, 08:41:06 PM

Any word on when CoinBR will stop being read-only?

Also, can I deposit funds while the site is in this status? There are no warnings on the deposit page, I just can't trade.

Thanks.

Full functionality just restored. Any deposits made yesterday or today got merely delayed, there was no reason to prevent new ones.

Thanks for your patience!

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: